Old preacher dude in 1980's

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
AGhead
Turtle Supporter

Old preacher dude in 1980's

Postby AGhead » Fri Feb 07, 2020

I would stay up late in early to mid '80's watching this preacher dude smoking a cigar and asking for donations to keep a sign or maybe a cross lit on their building. it was a big city. I was hooked listening, never sent money. He's gotta be dead now. How can I find who he was so maybe I can utube to watch again? Any help appreciated, Longshot I know
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

grantwoodisgold

Re: Old preacher dude in 1980's

Postby grantwoodisgold » Fri Feb 07, 2020

"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Fri Feb 07, 2020

Yep... Gene Scott.

There may be some sentimental reason you want to reconnect with his sermons, but I wouldn't consider his theology sound. Hit me back channel if you need to. Be happy to discuss/advise, etc,.

Dave
Last edited by fredzoyt on Fri Feb 07, 2020, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

grantwoodisgold

Postby grantwoodisgold » Fri Feb 07, 2020

"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

AGhead
Turtle Supporter

fredzoyt wrote:Yep... Gene Scott.

There may be some sentimental reason you want to reconnect with his sermons, but I wouldn't consider his theology sound. Hit me back channel if you need to. Be happy to discuss/advise, etc,.

Dave

Thx Mr. Dave. Not really for his sermons but I recall his no Bull attitude and roughness is what interested me, rather than my pastor and other evangelists approach at that time in my teens seemed more real, or rebelliousness? I think thats it , he seemed to be a rebel but at same time a Christian too?

Thanks guys for help, been searching on and off for over a month.
Chris

AGhead
Turtle Supporter

I have another lost show. Same time period, 1980's, a guy on late night AM radio knew everything. I'd lay in bed listing to him. Not preacher, just call in questions and stuff.

AGhead
Turtle Supporter

AGhead wrote:I have another lost show. Same time period, 1980's, a guy on late night AM radio knew everything. I'd lay in bed listing to him. Not preacher, just call in questions and stuff.

and it wasn't Larry King, I think he just started radio too, maybe TV. This guy talked about legal stuff or financial? It seemed like the 'BBB Network' or like that?

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Fri Feb 07, 2020

AGhead wrote:

Dave

Thx Mr. Dave. Not really for his sermons but I recall his no Bull attitude and roughness is what interested me, rather than my pastor and other evangelists approach at that time in my teens seemed more real, or rebelliousness? I think thats it , he seemed to be a rebel but at same time a Christian too?

Chris

He definitely did not pull punches. :)
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

AGhead
Turtle Supporter

AGhead wrote:
AGhead wrote:I have another lost show. Same time period, 1980's, a guy on late night AM radio knew everything. I'd lay in bed listing to him. Not preacher, just call in questions and stuff.

and it wasn't Larry King, I think he just started radio too, maybe TV. This guy talked about legal stuff or financial? It seemed like the 'BBB Network' or like that?

I am slowly remembering more, he would play "lum and Abner' on his show sometimes for a few minutes, I think.

AGhead
Turtle Supporter

fredzoyt wrote:
AGhead wrote:

Dave

Chris

He definitely did not pull punches. :)

I haven't found the videos where he sat in the chair smoking like in the pics above, but I found some on utube. One guy comments that him and buddies would get high and watch him and trip on him :lol:

AGhead
Turtle Supporter

AGhead wrote:
AGhead wrote:

I am slowly remembering more, he would play "lum and Abner' on his show sometimes for a few minutes, I think.

His name was Bruce Williams, I found it. I was listening one night and my Aunt called in and I recognized her. lol
He sure held my attention, I was only a teenager.

bankmining

Postby bankmining » Fri Feb 07, 2020

This thread reminds me of a job I had working nights back in the late 80’s/early 90’s. We all listened to Art Bell’s Coast To Coast AM show. Weird stuff on there, mostly paranormal, conspiracy, etc.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Feb 07, 2020

AGhead wrote:

Dave

Chris

TPTB at the time thought of Jesus as a "Rebel" too.
I believe our Heavenly Father uses all of his Tools in His Shed to reach out to every type of people.
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

bankmining wrote:This thread reminds me of a job I had working nights back in the late 80’s/early 90’s. We all listened to Art Bell’s Coast To Coast AM show. Weird stuff on there, mostly paranormal, conspiracy, etc.

Off track for a sec but you reminded me of something long ago. Speaking of AM radio back in the Day, Does anyone remember Beaker Street radio out of a Little Rock am station? KAAY, i think it was.
As a teen I would wait up in my bed until Midnight to listen :lol:
ImageImageImage

bankmining

Purple and Gold wrote:
bankmining wrote:This thread reminds me of a job I had working nights back in the late 80’s/early 90’s. We all listened to Art Bell’s Coast To Coast AM show. Weird stuff on there, mostly paranormal, conspiracy, etc.

Off track for a sec but you reminded me of something long ago. Speaking of AM radio back in the Day, Does anyone remember Beaker Street radio out of a Little Rock am station? KAAY, i think it was.

Had to look it up (there’s an extensive Wikipedia page on it) I grew up in the Midwest and remember hearing “Dr Dimento” in the early 70’s as a kid. Not sure if it was out of that station, could have been.

Purple and Gold

bankmining wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:

Had to look it up (there’s an extensive Wikipedia page on it) I grew up in the Midwest and remember hearing “Dr Dimento” in the early 70’s as a kid. Not sure if it was out of that station, could have been.

:lol: We listened to Dr Dimento when I was stationed in California, KMET radio, he was a trip :)
"Watch out where the Huskies go and dont you eat that yellow snow"
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Feb 07, 2020

:duck:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

AGhead
Turtle Supporter

Purple and Gold wrote:

Clive Clifford! When it finally moved to FM it was on KMJX 105.1, He would come on every Sunday evening. I was experimenting with 'herbal' relaxation by the FM days and we gathered to hear the beakers bubblin' and the deep cuts he would play. We figured he was making psychedelics in his 'lab'. KAAY was far reaching.

Coinfolio
Silver Supporter

Postby Coinfolio » Fri Feb 07, 2020

Some guys I worked with (not me) all went in and bought the "remote viewing" instructions that they talked about on that show.
Get free money back on many internet purchases. Click on link for ez sign up, message me with any questions and I will help you. http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=373651

bankmining

Coinfolio wrote:

Some guys I worked with (not me) all went in and bought the "remote viewing" instructions that they talked about on that show.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I remember that, along with time travelers calling into his show. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Burgers and Beers”