The Cryptotard

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Brick's
Supporter

Re: The Cryptotard

Postby Brick's » Wed Mar 28, 2018

So how does the hard money kind of guy part of me ("Brick") feel about having a "I can afford to lose" amount of his hard earned, digitized and flying (is that the right choice of words) via the internet 1/2 way across the world to the Binance exchange?

First, I've been to and like Singapore. I'd go again in a heartbeat. What a fantastically exotic and modern part of the world and if just a digitized part of me is there well, better there than other places. So the destination of some of my stuff feels good.

Second, it's the shift from "old world" elemental matter to "new world" digitized 1s and 2s, mathematical algorithm money that has me feeling uncomfortable. It feels like I started it out in our world, crossed it over the void, and sent it into a virtual world similar to the movie Tron that only exists as a bunch of moving electrons. From money I can see and touch and has value because we all agree it does vs money I cannot see or touch and has value because we all agree it does (however unstable that agreement may be right now).

The Doger talks about the different styles of investment mentality he has for owning various Cryptos. I get it. The only way the Brick part of me can allow the Cryptotard part of me to make this work is based on we both agree Crypto has the potential to decentralize a part of the old world we live in and as a result make it better. That and the potential it has to forward parts of my personal and family goals. The challenges of risk and calculated desire.

I also have to throw in the knowledge that if any meaningful personal change is going to take place its going to require a significant amount of time hanging out, outside my comfort zone. That's just how it is. Forward the Cryptotard.

And while I was writing this @ 4:02AM local time the transfer was made. Just possibly one of the easiest things I have done regarding this journey. But I had directions. LOL go figure.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent," Credited to Goebbles.

Brick's
Supporter

Where can you go on the internet to find longer term (more than one week) charts of paired Cryptos? For example BTC/BNB or any other pairing with BTC? Binance only seems to go out one week.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent," Credited to Goebbles.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Mar 28, 2018

Brick's wrote:Where can you go on the internet to find longer term (more than one week) charts of paired Cryptos? For example BTC/BNB or any other pairing with BTC? Binance only seems to go out one week.

This is the most commonly used: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/binance-coin/
Just type the desired crypto into the search box on the CoinMarketCap (CMC) home page.

You can click on the markets tab to see where a crypto is traded. One can also use Coinigy or TradingView if you want more technical tools with your charts.

Brick's
Supporter

IBD. I never saw the Cryptocurrency calculator under tools till now and I look at CMC every day.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Tue Apr 10, 2018

Got .12 Bitcoin over to Binance and am sitting on it 'til I have a better idea where this market is headed. Watching the cost of alts vs BTC for a low buy in on any of my favs. The only ones BTC seems to be holding it's own with over the last 3 months are DASH, NEO and (QTM, sort of).

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Fri Apr 20, 2018

Bought a whopping 5 Binance (BNB) the other day as it has been doing poorly vs Bitcoin the past week or so. Seemed like the right time to do it now that Bitcoin is now past my buy in point. Still looking for Alts that will go into a slump vs Bitcoin to add to the position as Bitcoin goes up in price. Sort of a use the profits to expand the position into Cryptos I'm actually wanting to buy.

Slow and steady. No FOMO here.

Also discovered websites that work the "Crowdfunding" area. Looking to take a small position in Startengine a Crowdfunding exchange [(?) not sure if that's the right word] that looks promising.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Apr 20, 2018

Brick's wrote:Bought a whopping 5 Binance (BNB) the other day as it has been doing poorly vs Bitcoin the past week or so. Seemed like the right time to do it now that Bitcoin is now past my buy in point. Still looking for Alts that will go into a slump vs Bitcoin to add to the position as Bitcoin goes up in price. Sort of a use the profits to expand the position into Cryptos I'm actually wanting to buy.

Slow and steady. No FOMO here.

Also discovered websites that work the "Crowdfunding" area. Looking to take a small position in Startengine a Crowdfunding exchange [(?) not sure if that's the right word] that looks promising.

Congrats on the patient, methodical approach. Picking a project is a tricky thing. One needs to think about timing, use-case, future demand, disruption of a current business model, other competitors (that you may or may not know about), and even the possible exit-scams. Best of luck in your searches.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Thu Apr 26, 2018

So I'm researching out some more penny blockchain stocks and come across Blackchain Solutions (BIS) on the Canadian Exchange. Looks like they have some answers for lending Cryptos. Interestingly one of the rabbit holes ended up here https://theqrl.org/forum/d/10-blackchai ... -placement on the QRL development forum. Looks like people will post ANYTHING on forums, just like they do here.

To bad QRL is looking so strong vs BTC. But, DBET looks way weaker.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sat Apr 28, 2018

Yesterday, I bought into Hilltop Cybersecurity, recently listed on the OTC as BGGWF. A penny stock, my first ever and my first quasi blockchain stock. Not many have bought in lower since it listed and I will back this one up in case it goes down more or something else if I think they are inexpensive enough.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Mon Apr 30, 2018

I found this Crypto Arbitrage site by CoinCheckup: https://arbitrage.coincheckup.com/ and was wondering if any of this was viable? Certainly, only for a small period of time. I'm guessing you would have to have an account on each of the exchanges they have the arbitrage listed for and the cash or crypto to make the trade? Any thoughts?

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Thu May 03, 2018

Managed to get a small position in Monero (XMR). It was down about 20% from it's recent BTC high back on the 23rd of April. My first series of buy stops was at .026 BTC and hit on the 30th but the next just missed on May 1st. Close enough for Tard work.

Am I pleased with my methods? Yes and no. I sleep very well at night err, lets just say the Crypto market does not keep me up at all as my stake is small enough not matter. Makes it more like a game, less like real life. No blockchain or Crypto dreams ever, yet. But, I totally missed two buys I had been watching very closely and wanted a stake in; NEO and DBET, which have had a very nice run up while I was debating in my head exactly how cheap I wanted to buy them at and where to set my stops. Result being I missed the 30% and 44% increase respectively since.

Live and learn, stay the course, don't beat my self up because I'm being to methodical and cautious as my initial BTC purchase is up about 36% from my initial buy in. Crypto as in real estate (as it's been said,) you make or lose your money when you buy.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu May 03, 2018

Brick's wrote:I found this Crypto Arbitrage site by CoinCheckup: https://arbitrage.coincheckup.com/ and was wondering if any of this was viable? Certainly, only for a small period of time. I'm guessing you would have to have an account on each of the exchanges they have the arbitrage listed for and the cash or crypto to make the trade? Any thoughts?

I tried doing this twice. It takes a lot of work for a little payoff. It used to be better but the bots have taken most of this arbitrage opportunity away. You'd need to write your own scripts to really make this a worthwhile effort.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Fri May 04, 2018

I filled a small position in STEEM down about 28% from it's recent BTC high with my first buy stop @ .0004 BTC

Wanted to set a buy for EOS down about 40% from it's recent BTC high but didn't have time before I went to work today. Self-discipline says not to buy when it's going up so may wait or may have missed this round. We'll see.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Mon May 07, 2018

Gad, I've got to do my math better. Like figuring out % down on Crypto. LOL. In any case, with the Crypto market moving quickly and down I've filled small position orders on (all in BTC) STEEM @ .00040, 39, 38, and 37; XMR @ .026, .0245; LRC @ .0000915; and EOS @ .00175. No other stops kicked in. We'll see if I've caught a falling knife or waited patiently enough after time passes. Looking at others to buy when they look cheap. I'm bummed DBET isn't on Binance.

Also, in addition to block chain stock Hill Top Cybersecurity (BGGWF,) I added a small position in Big Block Chain Intelligence Group (BBKCF). They have a partnership with Hill Top where some BBKCF software is in one of BGGWFs products. I also have a buy stop in HashChain Technology (HSSHF). Their low today was $.0001 above my buy stop. In addition to Mining and running DASH Nodes, HashChain created software that calculates capitol gains for Crypto and integrated the software with Coinbase exchange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwrodxghrw

All three were chosen after screening the American and Canadian block chain ETFs and researching what stocks they all shared in common, and then what stocks set them apart from each other. Then I did my DYODD. We'll see if I'm diligent or something else.

Why block chain stocks? A man much wiser and richer than I said "Crypto needs block chain, block chain doesn't need crypto".

It might look like I know what I am dong but, I'm just a Cryptotard having fun.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed May 09, 2018

How can you be a crypto-tard (I prefer crypto-challenged) when your posts fly right over my head? What does that make me? :lol:

I ought to turn over the $27K project to you... I don't have time to do all that research on small-cap alts, and those may be its best hope for salvation.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Wed May 09, 2018

I'm quite amazed at how far you've come... You're in the trenches now.. Cool to see so many level up from here and get some acceptance. If not for longevity at least for taking advantage of an opportunity.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed May 09, 2018

silverpv wrote:I'm quite amazed at how far you've come... You're in the trenches now.. Cool to see so many level up from here and get some acceptance. If not for longevity at least for taking advantage of an opportunity.

Concur. There is something truly rewarding about learning a new skill or discipline, especially one that can be profitable.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Tue May 15, 2018

Thank you for the kind words. That it comes from all of you, it means a lot to me.

If I can see and understand the virtual world of Crypto better than I did, it's because I stand on the shoulders of you three giants. The view from up here becomes much clearer to me. And as always, I am grateful.

On that note, it appears I have no problem catching falling knives and will not chase rockets launched. I can barely risk my own throw away money. No way I could risk others'.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Thu May 24, 2018

My recent post on DNA testing got me to thinking. If my personal medical, DNA, etc. history can be placed on a blockchain for secure storage purposes, can information I share from it exist on a temporary basis? That is, can a self-wipe clean instruction or program be enabled after a specific or pre-programed amount of time has passed? Also, could it be made read only? non-copied (like PDF) or non-transferrable?

This gives me power over my information (or any information that has value for that matter) as I can give it to my doctor to help save my life but after his work is done and the new info is added to the medical history part of my blockchain, what I gave him to do his job goes away. Or perhaps I have information that can significantly help a business with production or any other part of the money making process. I sell them the information to use for a predetermined amount of time, and we're done. I don't have to worry about someone stealing it, reusing it, or them reselling it, etc.

My guess is this has already been done or is being worked on.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri May 25, 2018

Brick's wrote:My recent post on DNA testing got me to thinking. If my personal medical, DNA, etc. history can be placed on a blockchain for secure storage purposes, can information I share from it exist on a temporary basis? That is, can a self-wipe clean instruction or program be enabled after a specific or pre-programed amount of time has passed? Also, could it be made read only? non-copied (like PDF) or non-transferrable?

This gives me power over my information (or any information that has value for that matter) as I can give it to my doctor to help save my life but after his work is done and the new info is added to the medical history part of my blockchain, what I gave him to do his job goes away. Or perhaps I have information that can significantly help a business with production or any other part of the money making process. I sell them the information to use for a predetermined amount of time, and we're done. I don't have to worry about someone stealing it, reusing it, or them reselling it, etc.

My guess is this has already been done or is being worked on.

See this thread (DNA): http://www.bullionstacker.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=29308

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”