Alt-Coin Tezos

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin Tezos

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Mar 02, 2018

For anyone curious how Tezos will differ from ETH:

https://www.quora.com/How-is-Tezos-different-from-Ethereum/answer/Arthur-Breitman-1?share=8444c277&srid=O4pG

This talks about the difference from the perspective of: governance, smart contracts, consensus (PoS), & philosophical design principles.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Mar 04, 2018

Tezos Roundtable discussion.

Predicted launch date in April / May? We'll see.

"Also, the Tezos Foundation is providing increased resources and support to expand the core development team of Tezos in Paris. This will further expand this world-class team to approximately 35-40 individuals. Recruitment is already underway."

https://tezosfoundation.ch/news/tezos-foundation-strengthens-support-developers/

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Mar 16, 2018

A good Tezos write up highlighting some of the features of the protocol.

https://medium.com/@cwiser/an-optimistic-take-on-tezos-ab72d141060a

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Mar 29, 2018

You heard it here first, Tezos will in fact launch "sometime in 2018" haha ;)

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Mar 29, 2018

Well, they only have half a billion worth of Bitcoin and Ethereum to work with. Cut 'em some slack. :lol:

dbm300

Postby dbm300 » Thu Mar 29, 2018

Kumbayah my lord, kumbayah. Oh wait I am busy partying in Paris on your bitcoin.
... and Bob's your uncle.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Mar 29, 2018

Long John wrote:Well, they only have half a billion worth of Bitcoin and Ethereum to work with. Cut 'em some slack. :lol:

I think your gonna loose on Tezos, The management are crooks. Good luck.

BTW.......I started this topic, and I was continually interested. The more I learned, then I backed out. The management cant be trusted.

Tezos is like buying $50 Silver. Stay away.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:
Long John wrote:Well, they only have half a billion worth of Bitcoin and Ethereum to work with. Cut 'em some slack. :lol:

I think your gonna loose on Tezos, The management are crooks. Good luck.

BTW.......I started this topic, and I was continually interested. The more I learned, then I backed out. The management cant be trusted.

Tezos is like buying $50 Silver. Stay away.

This is the second time you've stated you started this "topic" (Tezos thread) but I go back to the first page and it sure looks like somebody else started this thread, no? Are you referring to you first mentioning Tezos in the alt-coins thread perhaps? I will give you full credit for QTUM though :clap:

The "management" who were crooks - are gone! Johann Gevers and his sycophants are out of the foundation. Kathleen Breitman may be the most famous female in the entire crypto space. People want to see this project succeed merely for that reason alone. I have no idea if Tezos will one day outperform ETH, EOS, or any other smart contract platform. All I know is that if it has even a 5% chance of it becoming more dominant than ETH, it is worth a long hold.

For anyone interested, my advice would be to NOT buy the IOU Tezos tokens on HitBTC but to wait for launch, and a likely price decline as people have access to their tezzies and the sell side becomes normalized. Then wait for a dip as there will definitely be people looking to unload. If you can get some for sub $1 pricing, that would be ideal. Best of luck to all.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

dbm300 wrote:Kumbayah my lord, kumbayah. Oh wait I am busy partying in Paris on your bitcoin.

Haha, Paris was one of the best short vacations I've ever had. Only spent 4 days there, but it was amazing. For any serious art aficionado, it is a must. Of course this was before the crazy mass migration (back in 2012) so things may be a bit different now.

I doubt it is all partying though. Dev document resource list: http://doc.tzalpha.net/

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Apr 09, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:You heard it here first, Tezos will in fact launch "sometime in 2018"

According to the latest launch update, the BetaNet will launch this quarter (Q2) and the MainNet will launch next quarter (Q3). So it will in fact be in 2018. Luckily everyone in crypto is super patient. ;)

https://tezosfoundation.ch/news/preparing-launch-tezos-network/

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Mon Apr 09, 2018

I have a few thousand Tezos, also a big fan and if it pays off then I shall retire. Lol
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Apr 09, 2018

Marchas45 wrote:I have a few thousand Tezos, also a big fan and if it pays off then I shall retire. Lol

You're not retired and independently wealthy, Charlie? My goal was to be like you!

I invested the minimum 0.1 BTC, worth $255 at the time and $677 at the moment. My 575 Tezzies are "worth" $1466, really a meaningless figure, on the HitBTC futures market. Well, not totally meaningless, I guess somebody is offering to pay $2.55 per future Tezzie. Meaningless to me because you have to put up collateral that HitBTC holds until they actually sell your Tezzies. If you need to sell them, that kind of defeats the purpose. I guess I don't understand it.

No point to this, I just like to check the numbers every 6 months or so as I wait for the project to get off the ground. :lol:

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Forget HitBTC their price is not the true price and nobody knows what it is. Also I don't trust HitBtc to handle anything belonging to me. Lol

Image ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Apr 09, 2018

Long John wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:I have a few thousand Tezos, also a big fan and if it pays off then I shall retire. Lol

You're not retired and independently wealthy, Charlie? My goal was to be like you!

My 575 Tezzies

You'll only need 9,425 more tezzies to bake your own roll. Of course, you can delegate too.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

I already have someone designated, it's Mike Monohan from the Tezos Community he has 5,501,405 Tez designated already, so we will see what happens.

Image ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun May 13, 2018

Arthur gives a good overall presentation about Tezos here (in a Tokyo meetup). What is most intriguing to me is the self-amending nature of the Tezos blockchain which will diminish the incentives for any soft and hard forks - which he calls destructive (I agree). He explains it well with game theory in the first 30 minutes of the presentation. While I do love ETH, it is arguably much more centralized than most blockchains. Tezos hopes to minimize this.

Also, apparently the first ICO that will be launched on Tezos is called MoneyTrack: https://tezosnews.us/moneytrack-blockchain-payment-platform/

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue May 29, 2018

Received this by email today.

Preparations for Tezos launch

Dear Tezos community,
After reaching fundamental milestones in recent months, we are excited to announce that final preparations for the Tezos beta network (“betanet”) are underway. As we approach the launch of the betanet, you will receive additional details via email and on tezos.com.

Preparations for the Betanet
The Tezos community has been running the alphanet, a test network, successfully for well over a year. Although this provided valuable engineering insight, there is no substitute for real-world experience. To that end, the Tezos Foundation looks forward to the launch of the betanet. Tezos contributors who opt to interact with this network must understand that it will undergo unscheduled downtime and require maintenance and adjustments. We anticipate a broader main network (“mainnet”) launch to follow with transactions from the betanet persisting into the mainnet.

Check Your Contribution
A genesis block will be proposed by the Tezos Foundation at the betanet launch. To prepare for this, it is imperative that all contributors verify their donation — regardless of size — to confirm that it was received by the Foundation. The Foundation intends to recommend allocations in this proposed genesis block for donations of any size that were received during the fundraiser, but they must appear in the “Check Your Contribution” tool.
Click on the “Check Your Contribution” link below to access the tool and enter the Tezos public key hash that was included on the PDF document you created during the fundraiser. Only use this link and do not enter any other information besides your public key hash. If the donation does not appear when you enter your public key hash, then it will not be included as a recommended allocation in the genesis block proposed by the Foundation unless you take additional steps to make sure it is included. Further information is given on the linked page.

We hope that you are as excited about the betanet launch as we are!

The Tezos Foundation

CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Postby CaptainW » Fri Jun 01, 2018

John, when do we need to "check contribution"? Or is it necessary?

Thanks!

Long John wrote:Received this by email today.

Preparations for Tezos launch

Dear Tezos community,
After reaching fundamental milestones in recent months, we are excited to announce that final preparations for the Tezos beta network (“betanet”) are underway. As we approach the launch of the betanet, you will receive additional details via email and on tezos.com.

Preparations for the Betanet
The Tezos community has been running the alphanet, a test network, successfully for well over a year. Although this provided valuable engineering insight, there is no substitute for real-world experience. To that end, the Tezos Foundation looks forward to the launch of the betanet. Tezos contributors who opt to interact with this network must understand that it will undergo unscheduled downtime and require maintenance and adjustments. We anticipate a broader main network (“mainnet”) launch to follow with transactions from the betanet persisting into the mainnet.

Check Your Contribution
A genesis block will be proposed by the Tezos Foundation at the betanet launch. To prepare for this, it is imperative that all contributors verify their donation — regardless of size — to confirm that it was received by the Foundation. The Foundation intends to recommend allocations in this proposed genesis block for donations of any size that were received during the fundraiser, but they must appear in the “Check Your Contribution” tool.
Click on the “Check Your Contribution” link below to access the tool and enter the Tezos public key hash that was included on the PDF document you created during the fundraiser. Only use this link and do not enter any other information besides your public key hash. If the donation does not appear when you enter your public key hash, then it will not be included as a recommended allocation in the genesis block proposed by the Foundation unless you take additional steps to make sure it is included. Further information is given on the linked page.

We hope that you are as excited about the betanet launch as we are!

The Tezos Foundation

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 01, 2018

CaptainW wrote:John, when do we need to "check contribution"? Or is it necessary?

Thanks!

Definitely check. It is as simple as inputting your public key hash in the website here: https://check.tezos.com/

It takes less than a minute. Mine came up as expected.

CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Postby CaptainW » Fri Jun 01, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
CaptainW wrote:John, when do we need to "check contribution"? Or is it necessary?

Thanks!

Definitely check. It is as simple as inputting your public key hash in the website here: https://check.tezos.com/

It takes less than a minute. Mine came up as expected.

Thanks Travis. All Tezzies verified. :thumbup:

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”