bourbon connoisseur step inside- pappy van winkle

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
H2SO4
Gold Jeeper

Re: bourbon connoisseur step inside- pappy van winkle

Postby H2SO4 » Mon Jun 09, 2014

I tried and bought an amazing single barrel buffalo trace this weekend. It was the smoothest drinking whisky I have found yet. I think I actually prefer it over my bottle of The Macallen 12 :oops: yes, I definitely prefer it. :shh: I have had it only neat and on some whisky stones. I cant imagine mixing this with anything! haha.

I have a couple of bottles of it for trade- viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6661
Always looking for BS Bars- any serial numbers. Buy/Trade

Ilovesilver97
Turtle Supporter

Postby Ilovesilver97 » Tue Jan 03, 2017

Any body got any of this stuff in a while? The good ol Pappy.
Looking for 1998/1999 2 or 5oz PROOF libertads and ALL GOLD PROOF libertads any size or sets.

ImageImageImage

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Tue Jan 03, 2017

I picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig 18yr a few weeks ago. . AS for pappy my ABC store held a raffle a few weeks ago to be able to purchase 6 bottles... I couldn't make it....Was sooooo disappointed.
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Tue Jan 03, 2017

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:I picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig 18yr a few weeks ago. . AS for pappy my ABC store held a raffle a few weeks ago to be able to purchase 6 bottles... I couldn't make it....Was sooooo disappointed.

An acquaintance of mine holds "several cases" of each of the last few years as an investment. He hasnt shared any with me
I prefer payment in crypto: LTC, ETH AND BTC. Also accept Google Wallet, Zelle , Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks. Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Tue Jan 03, 2017

Silverkid wrote:
Mechanic4hire3 wrote:I picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig 18yr a few weeks ago. . AS for pappy my ABC store held a raffle a few weeks ago to be able to purchase 6 bottles... I couldn't make it....Was sooooo disappointed.

An acquaintance of mine holds "several cases" of each of the last few years as an investment. He hasnt shared any with me

Believe it or Not Kid. You remember the the guy who sent you the Super Morgan Toner... you traded me the YPS for? I paid him with a bottle of the 18yr Elijah... So funny.... No way I could swing a case. $140 a 5th here. Also I have not seen it on the shelf but once. As for the pappy they only get 6 bottles a year.
EBay rcook21973

Shyestsparks
Turtle Supporter

Postby Shyestsparks » Mon Apr 03, 2017

Picked up a sealed 1968 Seagrams Crown Royal, with the purple pouch, no box though; I can't seem to find a price for it, any idea everyone?
ImageImageImage

Operadad

Postby Operadad » Tue Apr 04, 2017

my palate is not refined enough to drink whisky that expensive.. I truly can not tell the difference once it gets above a certain level.... so I would go with the 10 year.... if you like it, then hang with it..

SilverGOP

Postby SilverGOP » Tue Apr 04, 2017

Shyestsparks wrote:Picked up a sealed 1968 Seagrams Crown Royal, with the purple pouch, no box though; I can't seem to find a price for it, any idea everyone?

After almost half a century, that there will be smooth as glass. My WAG would be $500-600.

"If you talk the talk, walk the walk."

KI7CIL, General Class

oldvegasfox@reagan.net

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017

I could be wrong on this but I'll take a stab. From what the Ole Timers tell me that's a "Duster Bottle" just been on the shelf collecting dust. There is a premium for these Dusters but few people buy them to collect or drink if premium is high. Once the whisky is out of the barrel the aging process stops. So it's basically just as good as the day it was bought.... frozen in time...
EBay rcook21973

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017

I wonder how many of you have heard of the Pappy Release later this yr. Approx 720 bottles $1800 on the shelf if your lucky enough to find it...
EBay rcook21973

RookieStacker

Postby RookieStacker » Tue Apr 04, 2017

I'm all for sipping top-notch whiskey, but my wallet says otherwise.

I'm okay with Buffalo Trace and 4 drops of water.

blackkramer

Postby blackkramer » Fri Apr 07, 2017

I have a question for you yanks. Do you spell it Whisky (like it is supposed to be) or Whiskey?

If you saw it spelled Whisky would you think it was a typo?

Bookwalter
Silver Supporter

Postby Bookwalter » Fri Apr 07, 2017

It gets spelled both ways in the US. There is a difference to aficionados, but I'm not sure what it is. It can ruffle someone's feathers when it's proper use is not followed, but they probably just need a glass of either whisky or whiskey, just not wiskie.

Bookwalter
Silver Supporter

Postby Bookwalter » Fri Apr 07, 2017

from google...The Scots spell it whisky and the Irish spell it whiskey, with an extra 'e'. This difference in the spelling comes from the translations of the word from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms. Whiskey with the extra 'e' is also used when referring to American whiskies.

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018

Hakushu 12
Is it a good flip or not?
Heard suntory may have stopped making whiskey in Japan as they own a big brand here in the US.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

HairyHorseKnuckles

Postby HairyHorseKnuckles » Sat Aug 04, 2018

I've bought all different labels in all ranges of price based on recommendations, but I always still come back to Evan Williams Black. It is cheap and I'm sure most bourbon snobs would turn their nose up, but I just really like it no matter how many other high-dollar bottles get put in front of me.

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Sat Aug 04, 2018

Glad to see this thread back. It was only a couple of years ago I traded John (mnymgr1) two 1/10 gold eagles for a bottle of Pappy 12 year (Lot B). It is the bottle I finally opened the day my daughter was born last year. John was a great guy. He got the bottle at retail for under $100 from a liquor store owner who owed him a favor, and I would have had to pay $400+ for it on the secondary market these days, so we both came out winners on that deal. I will definitely miss having John around.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Aug 04, 2018

Just bought 3 1.75 L bottles of Dewar's White label Scotch at the Rite Aid store that is closing, $22 a bottle :P
Straight outta Scotland
ImageImageImage

Return to “Burgers and Beers”