Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Re: Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Postby cmiller17363 » Wed Aug 08, 2018

Much like PM's, I see this as an opportunity for people who are still accumulating to make some purchases. *If you feel that it is right for you*
ImageImageImage

tigerwoodz

Postby tigerwoodz » Wed Aug 08, 2018

I sold most of my bitcoin in mid november last year, but I still hold onto some that I mined 5 or 6 years ago. I feel like blockchain has huge potential for certain industries(logistics), and I think BTC will continue to hold value, but most people buying it right now are just speculating.

BTC just doesn't have the transactions per second capacity to handle what everyone thinks it is capable of in my opinion. I am thankful to BTC, because getting into the crypto world introduced me to precious metals.

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Wed Aug 08, 2018

tigerwoodz wrote:BTC just doesn't have the transactions per second capacity to handle what everyone thinks it is capable of in my opinion. I am thankful to BTC, because getting into the crypto world introduced me to precious metals.

Have you listened to any of Andreas Antonopoulos's talks or his videos? He gives some exceptional information about why bitcoin being a "dumb" network (the internet is the same) gives it a better opportunity to be successful. Much like the internet, all of the complexity can be engineered into the end user's device. This is what will make the network so robust and able to change/adapt with future technologies. If the internet did all of the work rather than the user devices, it would have required re-inventing it over and over and over. The internet of 1994 could never have supported what we have today yet it is the same internet as far as data transmission from one place to another. All the internet does is send information from place to place. I could be wrong on this since it was completely from memory.
ImageImageImage

tigerwoodz

Postby tigerwoodz » Wed Aug 08, 2018

cmiller17363 wrote:Have you listened to any of Andreas Antonopoulos's talks or his videos? He gives some exceptional information about why bitcoin being a "dumb" network (the internet is the same) gives it a better opportunity to be successful. Much like the internet, all of the complexity can be engineered into the end user's device. This is what will make the network so robust and able to change/adapt with future technologies. If the internet did all of the work rather than the user devices, it would have required re-inventing it over and over and over. The internet of 1994 could never have supported what we have today yet it is the same internet as far as data transmission from one place to another. All the internet does is send information from place to place. I could be wrong on this since it was completely from memory.

I have heard him once before on a podcast, but I haven’t really looked into them. I just made a note about it on my whiteboard and will check him out after work. I’m pretty sure I remember hearing him talking about a book he wrote, so I will probably just go buy that.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Aug 10, 2018

bigjohn wrote:Whatever happened to Long John? I don’t think I’ve seen him in weeks

Where is Long John?

Where is Long John and Silver Doge?
Last edited by Bucketeer on Mon Aug 13, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018

This chart looks weird:

It's like there were no transactions between the two times on that straight line. Was BTC trading halted like they had to do with Tesla? ;)

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Aug 13, 2018

Bitcoin being Bitcoin.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Aug 13, 2018

Crypto Bubble Unwind Images: Fast In Altcoins, Slower In Bitcoin

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08- ... er-bitcoin
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Aug 14, 2018

Investor takes out $127,000 loan to buy cryptocurrency, loses 85 per cent

A 32-YEAR-OLD has revealed his eye-watering $3000-a-month “lesson” after making a seriously poor financial decision.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/i ... 83f1d8d07b
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Tue Aug 14, 2018

Textbook example of exactly what not to do. People can be so dumb it is terrifying.
ImageImageImage

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Tue Aug 14, 2018

Bucketeer wrote:
bigjohn wrote:Whatever happened to Long John? I don’t think I’ve seen him in weeks

Where is Long John?

Taking a break like I was and recouping, PM's down, Cryptos down maybe the markets next . You gotta love it.
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Tue Aug 14, 2018

Always keep cash around for when there is blood in the streets. Especially your own.
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Aug 14, 2018

Brick's wrote:Always keep cash around for when there is blood in the streets. Especially your own.

Agree, down but not out. I’m pretty glad I cashed some out earlier in the year. Doesn’t make me feel so bad now, though it still hurts. Instead , I’m just focusing on continuing to focus on earning and adjusting rev streams. Fortunately , i was able to join the workforce again and continue building and stacking . Trend or fad, it’s just a different stack in the portfolio. Easy come, easy go.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Aug 14, 2018

Marchas45 wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:

Where is Long John?

Taking a break like I was and recouping, PM's down, Cryptos down maybe the markets next . You gotta love it.

Still alive! I recently moved back to the States from Italy, and that has required much effort and time. And let's just say the new job isn't nearly as laid back as it was on "Italian time". ;)

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Tue Aug 14, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:

Where is Long John?

Still alive! I recently moved back to the States from Italy, and that has required much effort and time. And let's just say the new job isn't nearly as laid back as it was on "Italian time". ;)

Welcome back!! Where did you end up?
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Tue Aug 14, 2018

bigjohn wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:

Where is Long John?

Welcome back!! Where did you end up?[/quote

He can't tell you as it's secret. Lol but I guess it's close to Vegas. Lol

Image ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Aug 15, 2018

Marchas45 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:

Where is Long John?

Welcome back!! Where did you end up?[/quote

He can't tell you as it's secret. Lol but I guess it's close to Vegas. Lol

Location: Kansas (as per my updated profile)! I wish it were close to Vegas ;)

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Wed Aug 15, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:Location: Kansas

Is it true it's so flat you can you see all of the state from the same spot?
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Aug 16, 2018

Silversaving wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Location: Kansas

Is it true it's so flat you can you see all of the state from the same spot?

Not quite so. Actually a lot of rolling hills where I"m at. But the drive is nowhere as scenic as the PNW.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Aug 16, 2018

And lots and lots of twisters. Lol

Image ImageImage

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”