Lucifer - TV Show on Fox

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Brucifer
Silver Supporter

Re: Lucifer - TV Show on Fox

Postby Brucifer » Wed Apr 27, 2016

Not to debate, but ....... IMO, one simple and self-evident truth is that Hollywood does and has always done whatever it thinks best serves "liberal" interests. Despite their incessantly wrapping themselves in their traditional Sacred Shroud Of Freedom Of Speech and under ordinary circumstances, they're always driven by a self-interested, financially conservative (or at least cautious), self-serving, money-driven interest. Religion means nothing to them, but money means and has always meant everything, and this of course includes pandering to special interest groups (whether political, religious, racial, gender-oriented or whatever....)

No joke. IMO, just a realistic assessment of a purportedly “progressive“ but actually self-serving, sanctimonious, hypocritical and money-driven interest group that’s actually scared to death of real and true "freedom of speech" and frozen-in-their-socks, money-serving community. Thus endeth today’s sermon.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Thu Apr 28, 2016

Brucifer wrote:Not to debate, but ....... IMO, one simple and self-evident truth is that Hollywood does and has always done whatever it thinks best serves "liberal" interests. Despite their incessantly wrapping themselves in their traditional Sacred Shroud Of Freedom Of Speech and under ordinary circumstances, they're always driven by a self-interested, financially conservative (or at least cautious), self-serving, money-driven interest. Religion means nothing to them, but money means and has always meant everything, and this of course includes pandering to special interest groups (whether political, religious, racial, gender-oriented or whatever....)

No joke. IMO, just a realistic assessment of a purportedly “progressive“ but actually self-serving, sanctimonious, hypocritical and money-driven interest group that’s actually scared to death of real and true "freedom of speech" and frozen-in-their-socks, money-serving community. Thus endeth today’s sermon.

Well, I have to say I agree with your assessment.

Dave
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Thu Apr 28, 2016

jcz1 wrote:I must admit that I'm not as familiar with the source material for this show as I could be. Perhaps someone here can clue me in - is Lucifer and Amenadiel's mother mentioned? And why was she chained up?

Maybe we should ask Ted Cruz since he's now Lucifer in the flesh. :mrgreen:
Last edited by fredzoyt on Fri Apr 29, 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Apr 28, 2016

fredzoyt wrote:
jcz1 wrote:I must admit that I'm not as familiar with the source material for this show as I could be. Perhaps someone here can clue me in - is Lucifer and Amenadiel's mother mentioned? And why was she chained up?

Maybe we should ask Ted Cruz since he now Lucifer in the flesh. :mrgreen:

what does that make Hillary?
ImageImageImage

CCC2010
Turtle Supporter

Postby CCC2010 » Thu Apr 28, 2016

Purple and Gold wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:

This is indeed an interesting show.
Last edited by CCC2010 on Thu Apr 28, 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Image WTB:6 oz YPS Golf Ball. Pls.PM me.

BoxofGold
Platinum Supporter

Postby BoxofGold » Thu Apr 28, 2016

My mistake, I thought this was a thread about Cruz according to John Boehner.
Image ImageImage Image Image

AMulls

Postby AMulls » Fri May 06, 2016

Really enjoyed this show as well. Looking forward to next season.

I agree that the nuance of Lucifer as not evil, but as a punisher of evil, was cool. Definitely an entertaining show!

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Sat Jul 23, 2016

Brucifer wrote:Religion means nothing to them...

Religion is huge to the entertainment industry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwswE6fg_jI

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016

spoiler alert.....who's Lucifer's Mum ?
premiers tonight for the season opener

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... -hell.html
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

CCC2010
Turtle Supporter

Postby CCC2010 » Mon Sep 19, 2016

The son of a gun can sing too!

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017

SPOILER ALERT

Anyone who hasn't watched last night's episode, don't read this.

Before I get to that, there was an episode earlier this seaon which said that people could leave hell anytime they wanted. It was only their guilt that kept them there. An interesting take.

Back to last night, when we were introduced to a character called Cain. He was described as the world's first murderer (or killer, not sure which word was used), and who was doomed to walk the earth all alone.

I know Cain killed his brother Abel (sp?). Is there anything else that might be helpful to know about Cain, briefly? (No long bible quotations, please.)

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Tue Dec 12, 2017

Cain was a farmer so sacrificed grain, Abel being a shepherd sacrificed meat. Cain's sacrifice was perceived as less favored by god and jealousy (IMO) led Cain to murder Abel. When god inquired to Cain about Abel's whereabouts we get the famous line--Am I my brothers keeper?

Cain was sent to wander (he had a wife and a kid Enoch) and left with a mark so that no man would kill him although the show indicated that no man could kill him. According to the bible whoever did kill Cain would suffer a seven fold vengeance.

Not sure what other info you want but a little googling could help or better yet reading of the bible will give you the full story which you may want as who knows what they will draw upon as the show progresses. You would also see the issues with the story line one of which I indicated above.
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017

DRP270 wrote:Cain was a farmer so sacrificed grain, Abel being a shepherd sacrificed meat. Cain's sacrifice was perceived as less favored by god and jealousy (IMO) led Cain to murder Abel. When god inquired to Cain about Abel's whereabouts we get the famous line--Am I my brothers keeper?

Cain was sent to wander (he had a wife and a kid Enoch) and left with a mark so that no man would kill him although the show indicated that no man could kill him. According to the bible whoever did kill Cain would suffer a seven fold vengeance.

Not sure what other info you want but a little googling could help or better yet reading of the bible will give you the full story which you may want as who knows what they will draw upon as the show progresses. You would also see the issues with the story line one of which I indicated above.

Thanks, very helpful.

However, based on the info provided, other than not being able to be killed, I don't see how the show is going to use him. It does seem to mean he can't really be a love interest though, since he has to be alone.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Dec 13, 2017

Engineer wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Brucifer wrote: Hollywood actually dared to flaunt something non-Church mentality-approved in the face of mainstream right-wing Christian conservatisism. YIKES!

This was a joke right? I know you don't think Hollywood gives a crap about Christianity, right?

Hollywood is vehemently anti-Christian, which is somehow okay while antisemitism is viewed as a hate crime.

This won't change if you don't speak up and boycott the forced race mixing and LGBYTQ????????????? Crap they're forcing into every show and commercial.

I've cut cable. Not getting it ever again. Outside the US I can still watch the NFL with gamepass. When I get back I don't think that is an option anymore and I will likely not be watching that anymore either. That's fine too.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Wed Dec 13, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Engineer wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Brucifer wrote: Hollywood actually dared to flaunt something non-Church mentality-approved in the face of mainstream right-wing Christian conservatisism. YIKES!

This was a joke right? I know you don't think Hollywood gives a crap about Christianity, right?

Hollywood is vehemently anti-Christian, which is somehow okay while antisemitism is viewed as a hate crime.

This won't change if you don't speak up and boycott the forced race mixing and LGBYTQ????????????? Crap they're forcing into every show and commercial.

I've cut cable. Not getting it ever again. Outside the US I can still watch the NFL with gamepass. When I get back I don't think that is an option anymore and I will likely not be watching that anymore either. That's fine too.

There's always Flintstone reruns on Youtube. :)

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Thu Dec 14, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:<snip> I've cut cable. Not getting it ever again. <snip>

Well done Doger! :clap: :thumbup:

Now if everyone else would just follow suit and your fine lead by disconnecting themselves from the various forms of mass brain wash.
"You pompously call your selves Republicans and Democrats. There is no Republican Party. There is no Democratic Party. There are no Republicans or Democrats in this house. You are Lick-Spittlers and panderers, the creatures of the plutocracy".
- Jack London

"It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
- Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Dec 14, 2017

Im surprised to hear of so much tv watching going on. ( lucifer?? wtf??) I have no idea what this show is about?? Ive never even heard of it and most of the other tv shows mentioned here,, and i kinda like it that way :)
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017

Lucifer is a devil of a show. :shh:

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Dec 14, 2017

jcz1 wrote:Lucifer is a devil of a show. :shh:

hahaha! Now im ruined, i will have to watch
ImageImageImage

CCC2010
Turtle Supporter

Postby CCC2010 » Thu Dec 14, 2017

Purple and Gold wrote:
jcz1 wrote:Lucifer is a devil of a show. :shh:

hahaha! Now im ruined, i will have to watch

My first impression of this show was...What is this world coming to??? Naming a TV show after the Devil himself. I watched and it was not what i expected and now i watch it every time. :roll: :lol:

Return to “Burgers and Beers”