DixiesilverMiner

dixiesilverminer

Sunday night metal chat by dixiesilvergirl

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Feb 11, 2018

Are you trading crypto? There is so much talk about crypto and all the money to be made. I am a prepper and a stacker, I believe if you don't hold it you don't own it. I have seen many people talking about their crypto, I have checked it out and have done some mining but never purchased. Recently we joined steemit and apparently some people are making good money for posting as you would on other social media sites, I don't understand it yet but I am learning. There are several posts that people are showing off the silver they bought with their steem. Not sure if it will work but would love some extra money to buy metal. What are your thoughts on crypto? Steemit? Or your metal plan?
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Horse head from the mafia

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sat Feb 17, 2018

It isn't always bad to get a horse head from the mafia https://imgur.com/gallery/VM6Df
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Feb 18, 2018

Well as I have said before, we are stackers and preppers this means we stack more than silver, gold, platinum, copper and palladium but we also stack for our families immediate survival. We have buckets of staple items, beans, flour, sugar etc. and the big one I feel is salt, there is a reason people say “worth their weight in salt.” it will be a great barter item if you should need it and at 60 cents a pound it is cheap to stack. I purchase the items with our regular groceries and about once a quarter I mylar seal a new batch and rotate the items. We have a 6 month supply for our whole family. Are you stacking for more than your financial security?
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Cool coins from our stack

Postby dixiesilverminer » Tue Feb 20, 2018

Some interesting coins in our stack:
https://imgur.com/a/6zQ9D

We spend a lot of time talking about poured silver, making poured silver and buying and selling poured silver, but that is not the only silver we stack. We stack bullion, gold, platinum and palladium. We also have quite a few numismatic collector coins and I thought we should share them with you also. The first 2 we are going to share are from the Cook Islands:

2014 Cook Islands MOLDAVITE IMPACT Meteorite Coin CONCAVE 999 silver $5 Proof w/ box & COA
And
2016 Cook Islands TAMDAKHT METEORITE SILVER COIN 999 1/2oz $2 Proof w/ box & COA

These coins are part of the Cook Islands Meteorite series they have released 13 coins in the series starting in 2004 each highlighting a major meteorite that has landed here on earth and each coin has a small piece of the actual meteor on it.

The amazing Moldavite Impact is the latest and very interesting coin edition 2014 of Cook Islands with an authentic piece of meteorite inlaid. It depicts the crater generated by the meteorite impact in very high relief, and the coin is concave shaped to enhance the crater deepness. The vivid colours and the amazing design are perfect to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the series.
This unique and extremely rare coin features an insert of a piece of Moldavite meteorite with an amazing colored design. The particular concave shape of the coin and the new technique of multilevel minting make this coin unique. The coin’s obverse depicts the Raphael Maklouf effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.1 Limited MIntage at 2500. The moldavite has a average price of about $20 a gram. The meteor hit the earth in the Czech Republic and although there is debate if the rock was the meteor or if it was formed when the meteor hit the earth it is only found in the one area of the earth.3

The amazing Tamdakht meteorite is predestined to be immortalized on this very interesting 1/2 Oz Silver coin, with an authentic fragment of meteorite inlaid. The coin has an interesting particularity – has a hole in the middle. The coin features Ultra High Relief, antique finish quality and mintage is limited to 2500 pieces worldwide.2 Tamdakht is currently selling for $10 a gram. In Ouarzazate, Morocco on 12/20/2008 the Tamdakht meteor impacted the earth and left 1 large and 2 smaller craters, 4

These coins come with a very high premium but seem to hold their value(unfortunately not gain much) but honestly when we bought them it was because we thought they were very unique and we liked them.

Hope you enjoyed seeing these unique coins. These are just 2 of 100’s of meteorites that have hit the earth and not all when the dinosaurs were here. We didn’t realize how many areas had been affected by meteorites until we found these coins! Thanks for reading and happy stacking!

Sources:
1 http://www.bullionstop.com/2014-moldavi ... escription
2 https://www.powercoin.it/en/cit-coin-in ... -2016.html
3 https://www.gemselect.com/other-info/mo ... ektite.php
4https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1464343X17303084
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

hand poured silver it's all in the details

Postby dixiesilverminer » Wed Feb 21, 2018

Hand pouring silver it’s all in the the details

Many of us love to watch the videos of people pouring silver, what you don't see is that sometimes they have to pour the same piece over and over to get the detail they are looking for. if you are using graphite molds it can frustrating but if you are pouring into sand that means having to start by making the mold again, and again and again.This can be a very timely process.
There are so many factors involved to get a full pour that it is a high chance each time you pour it will not come out. Temperature of the mold,\ the metal and the room can all be a part as can many other factors. And sometimes you get more detail than planned:
otopus china.jpg
otopus china.jpg (361.98 KiB) Viewed 1155 times

You have to be careful what you are using in the mold , as you can see this really cool octopus says “CHINA” on it. LOL
Here is the finished product without China on it:

octopus usa.jpg
octopus usa.jpg (319.41 KiB) Viewed 1155 times

We have really enjoyed all the creative things we have seen in the silver community, there are so many talented people.Not to mention, all of the other artists(musicians, photographers, wood carvers, etc) we have found on social media. Remember every time you see a piece of handmade art that the person that made it put a lot of time, energy and passion into making it. If you see art you like, you should let them know, it is nice to hear. If You can support them by purchasing their art, at the least share it with others, via social media or in person. Art if very important and we should encourage our children and do our part to support the craftsman and artists of this world, this rock we call home is a much nicer place because of them.
art.jpg
art.jpg (30.17 KiB) Viewed 1155 times

Thanks for reading, Happy Stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

snappy
Silver Supporter

Re: hand poured silver it's all in the details

Postby snappy » Wed Feb 21, 2018

I agree with you. Great post, and really cool octopus!

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Wed Feb 21, 2018

Truly this is art.
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Feb 21, 2018

Thats nice work. I need one of these
ImageImageImage

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Wed Feb 21, 2018

Freakin' awesome.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Image Image Image

d12anoel

Postby d12anoel » Thu Feb 22, 2018

Dang that looks amazing. About how many oz is that?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Feb 22, 2018

Definitely cool

agnostic
BS Supporter

Re: DixiesilverMiner

Postby agnostic » Thu Feb 22, 2018

Very nice octopiece!
"Back in '82 I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile" --Uncle Rico

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Thu Feb 22, 2018

Looks like so much fun!

Thanks for sharing. Very cool.
ImageImageImage

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Thu Feb 22, 2018

d12anoel wrote:Dang that looks amazing. About how many oz is that?
1 oz
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Purple and Gold wrote:Thats nice work. I need one of these
we can help with that :)
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

agnostic wrote:Very nice octopiece!
LOL I love it !
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Feb 25, 2018

I started my Sunday night metals chat on Reddit a few months ago, after seeing a lot of stackers stating that no one in their real life (in many cases including their significant other) knew about their stacking. I totally understand the reasons and also have very few people that know we stack. I do have my husband, we are in this 100% together, the same as everything else for the last 28 years. We spend lots of time discussing what we have, where we want to be and how to get there, it is great to have someone to talk your metal plans over with. Since the majority of the group is men, I figured I would do what women always do and ask you to talk about your feelings, lol. I love seeing the interaction and different plans that happen on the post. I recently started sharing the metal chat on several other forums and the response has been so much fun!

The stacking Community is a great bunch of people that for many different reasons all agree that precious metals are an important part of their financial plans. There are as many ways to stack as there are people, some go for weight, hand poured, numismatic or constitutional but we all agree that silver at spot is the best!

I have seen many transactions posted, if someone in the community puts some items up for sale to pay some unexpected bills like medical or car repairs or if they need the cash for a major purchase such as a car,house or new baby the community seems to pull together and help each other out. We have only bought from within the community for months now, itI look at like keeping it in the family.

Through the wonders of technology, we can all get to share our stack wins, losses and sometimes our personal journeys also. We get to know each other at least a little and it seems that this community is filled with lots of hard working, fair mined and good humoured people. The Silver Community is a great group that we are happy to have found, We have found our people!

We have been staying steady on adding gold and platinum to our stack and silver as we see something we really want(We will have mail call post later this week)

What are your plans for the week? Is your stack growing as you would like or is it time to take a look again? .Also please share your stories about the silver community, how have they become part of your life!!

Thanks for reading and Happy stacking!
i-dont-always-buy-tons-of-silver-but-when-the-price-is-low-i-do-keep-stacking-my-friends.jpg
i-dont-always-buy-tons-of-silver-but-when-the-price-is-low-i-do-keep-stacking-my-friends.jpg (53 KiB) Viewed 999 times
DSM Silverwithstyle

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Feb 25, 2018

Moved...

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”