HELPING KATHY and KEEGAN CHARITY THREAD TO HELP A GOOD CAUSE

silverhead
Silver Supporter

HELPING KATHY and KEEGAN CHARITY THREAD TO HELP A GOOD CAUSE

Postby silverhead » Mon Sep 19, 2016

Hello fellow bullion stackers, over last the weekend I got some very bad news.

A close friend of our family, Kara passed away last Wednesday, leaving behind her 3 year old daughter Kathy and 6 year old son Keegan. Kara was a victim of domestic violence, "allegedly"committed by her long time boyfriend and father of her kids. He has been arrested and will probably spend the rest of his life in prison. Kathy and Keegan are currently being cared for by Kara's parents.

I'm reaching out to the Bullionstacker community to try to raise donations to help the family. If you have the means to help, no matter how small, please do.
I will be holding some auctions with 100% of the proceeds going to the charity so please check back for that.

It breaks my heart to think what the kids went through Wednesday (they saw Kara on the floor and were with their father in their van when he got pulled over and arrested too) and what it will be like to be without their parents.

A go fund me account has been set up to help her parents with her funeral costs and to help with the Kathy and Keegan.

https://www.gofundme.com/2pcmuh4r

Kara was 27 years old and had just completed her degree requirements for being a LVN in August, and had started Fall semester classes for her RN degree when she was so tragically struck down in literally the prime of her life.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers and any help.
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Re: HELPING KATHY and KEEGAN CHARITY THREAD TO HELP A GOOD C

Postby Blue Angel » Mon Sep 19, 2016

Sorry for the situation. Those young ones dont deserve this.

I want to help out but, have you looked at how much those gofundme fees are?

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Re: HELPING KATHY and KEEGAN CHARITY THREAD TO HELP A GOOD C

Postby silverhead » Sun Sep 25, 2016

Blue Angel wrote:Sorry for the situation. Those young ones dont deserve this.

I want to help out but, have you looked at how much those gofundme fees are?

Actually I didn't know there were fees. Today my niece told me that there were fees, she said there is a bank account set up at the local credit union that doesn't have fees.
I just checked the "FAQ" section on gofundme, there are fees, looks like 5% + 2.9% for "WePay" and $0.30
That is unsatisfactory to me. I guess 92-93% of something is better than 100% of nothing to some people, but I would rather avoid any unnecessary fees whenever it is possible.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”