YouTube

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: ikeo net1 YouTube & Mobile app

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Sep 29, 2016

I'm having problems adding ikeo net1 as a friend. Is that supposed to be your email, fb, or ??
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

I did notice that the words on the initial startup screen pages were garbled, and the accept/reject option to the user agreement needs to have the word "to" inserted into the verbage.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Thu Sep 29, 2016

Once you download and sign in. Here's how you add my youtube store.

Image Image

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Fault reports now go to email, sorry for the static everybody.

RyanEOD
Platinum Site Tech

Postby RyanEOD » Thu Sep 29, 2016

I bought one of your cubes, but it never allowed me to set a shipping address. . . where are you going to ship it to? I also went to my paypal account and I don't see it sending an address over in the transaction details.

Edit - it should be pretty easy to know who I am, I'm RyanEOD ;)

RyanEOD
Platinum Site Tech

Postby RyanEOD » Thu Sep 29, 2016

FYI - if you do log in with fackbook, you can edit the permissions and block it from accessing your friends! ;) I might have done that! Also, what is this permission it needs to make and accept phone calls? . . .

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Thu Sep 29, 2016

RyanEOD wrote:FYI - if you do log in with fackbook, you can edit the permissions and block it from accessing your friends! ;) I might have done that! Also, what is this permission it needs to make and accept phone calls? . . .

Congrats on making the very first purchase in the system! :)

There are some bugs, but we'll be working on them. I was supposed to get your info via paypal but it looks like I missed something. That way, I could ship directly through paypal.

You are entered into the 2oz IKEO cube give-a-way!

It works a lot like here there was a chat next to the buy button. I'll take a look at that. I should only be requesting the basic graph and not phone.

We only pull friends who are signed up for the app. People who have not downloaded and logged in will not show in the friends list. We also don't store the list.

You guys are awesome. I will fix these issues soon.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Re: ikeo net1 Mobile app Give away!

Postby silverpv » Sun Nov 20, 2016

Most of the issues are fixed.
Payments go direct to the user 100% - PayPal fees.
Sellers get the address and multiple payment options

Give-a-way is on Dec 1st. Entry is simple, download the app add me as stated in the instructions above and request the 2000 subscriber giveaway.

Winners will be notified via app notification! There will also be a live drawing.

Here are the prizes!
1) IKEO / YPS 2oz cube #50 of 50
2) 1 oz Trump Dollar or Peace Dollar
3) Peace or Trump Dollar #2 decides he/she doesn't want
4) Morgan Dollar Redbook
5) APMEX 1GB USB Storage

FAQ.

Q. Why does the app request phone permissions on Android?
A. The PayPal plugging requires this permission for mobile payments.

Q. Does it cost money?
A. No, The app and entry into contest is free.

More details in this video below.

Thanks for checking it out

wolvesdad

Postby wolvesdad » Sun Nov 20, 2016

So I watched your latest UTube video and decided I would go ahead and give the app a try.
I had to use my wife's android phone because my iPhone is stuck at ios7 and this requires 8. (Only available update, ios10, requires 1.8GB open and 3GB available to install, I don't have it available, but I digress)

So I go to app and click INSTALL. It tells me what it is requesting access to install. The photo is here, then I'll comment:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (151.89 KiB) Viewed 612 times
If you like YouTube: e=m3 Making Metal Mine for my take on Silver and coin investing, plus a little humor and random numi stuff
;) https://youtu.be/4qtWLWogfGU :thumbup:

wolvesdad

I'm ok with the Identity.

Don't see why it would need ANY of the Media files. I take RICHARD photos all the time. And so I don't want it having free access. (J/k about Richard)

Device ID
Phone # and device ID I get, but the other two parts are creepy. Like no way. (Ok, maybe it needs to know when a call is active so it can freeze in the background, but knowing THE NUMBER OF WHO I am calling???)
If you like YouTube: e=m3 Making Metal Mine for my take on Silver and coin investing, plus a little humor and random numi stuff

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Yep, in addition to entering contests you can upload your own items to put up a contest or to sell things. This is why we access photos, the photo library. Also the phone access is a requirement of the PayPal mobile payments plugin. Specifically because I use a native mobile plugin. There is nothing I use that requires that specific access.

This is purely a PayPal requirement to read_phone_state.

The profile data is your profile when you login.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/class ... le/gs_MPL/

The doc specifically page 8.

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic ... ndroid.pdf

wolvesdad

So..... Does Paypal misuse that access?
I don't know. I don't have Paypal or Paypal enabled apps right now. So I'm still pretty squeemish about giving that open access approval.

Sorry, I'm a scaredy cat that likes control of my private info. Unless you can figure out how I can do specific changes once the app is open/installed, I will have to pass.

Sucks too because I like what you're doing! And I like the contest feature. I want to use that for my YouTube channel!!

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Paypal doesn't misuse this access. It's there just incase you get a phone call and it has to switch out. The device id is for security purposes to tie your phone to the account, you know 'your account was accessed by'. The call info is if the payment transaction is interrupted by a phone call and you need to switch screens from payment to phone and back again. There's no way to change this because it is a requirement for your session data. We don't use it though.

This is how we are PCI compliant by using PayPal services. In the app, you only have your paypal address for payment info. My app doesn't pull any information, no passwords, or personal information other than your e-mail address. This was built to maintain users privacy. If you don't want to use a phone, you can also use a tablet which doesn't have a phone to try it out.

Once people get more comfortable with the platform, there should be more giveaways and things for sale on there. Draw users to your mobile market with the giveaway and you have an instant exit strategy and your youtube video as an announcement. I take 0% cut now and just trying to grow usage and fix it. PayPal fee still applies for buyer/seller protection since this is mainly for YouTube external market, but much cheaper to sell than eBay. If I can start on my channel then it'll make the whole giveaway/sale thing pretty smooth. Your YouTube user is your reputation.

wolvesdad

Thank you. It makes sense the way you have explained it and removes most of my reservations.
I'll sleep on it, but will probably come around!
Peace

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Mon Mar 06, 2017

I recently took a stab at pouring just to get the basics... I made a bunch of newbie errors and spilled a bit of silver. Ambient air temps was causing the silver to cool too quickly. No borax used. Tried to make some shot by my pot wasn't deep enough and caused clumps to solidify. No video yet but soon!

The first four bars. All rated .9999 by Sigma Verifier

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Mon Mar 20, 2017

After the first set. I went back at it and made a few more and stamped them up...

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”