Brand new Engelhard information website.

highroller4321

Brand new Engelhard information website.

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Nov 07, 2013

Hey everyone,

I would like to announce the opening of a brand new Engelhard website. www.allengelhard.com This website was founded and created by a few members from this site, as well as a few members of the Engelhard community. The purpose of this site is to protect our fellow collectors as well as get real true information out there for people to learn. The website contains fake bar analysis, history, as well as type variety.

The fight against fraud/ fake bars is a fight that affects all of us. Not everyone collects the old pour Engelhard but the majority of us stack some form of PM's. The more fraud/fake bars that are out there, in any form, prevent people from getting into the market and also hurts the new guys that do not know any better.

The site is still under construction and pieces are always being added, but the founders feel the urgency to get this information out in the open as soon as possible to protect the collectors. The fight against fraud is an everyday challenge that has to be combated. The founders urge everyone to join this battle and at least learn and pass along information learned.

AndeanCat

Re: Brand new Engelhard information website.

Postby AndeanCat » Thu Nov 07, 2013

Thank you to all involved with this web site. I look forward to using it.
ImageImage

fatfellow

Postby fatfellow » Thu Jan 16, 2014

I used the site recently to check to confirm a purchase I was making seemed legit. It turns out it was
and I'd like to thank everyone involved in the creation and update of this site. I also was fascinated with the one ounce Engelhard bars that were on display on this other site called About Silver. The
weirdest thing happened, There was a one ounce Engelhard bar on display on the site which had the exact same serial number as this bar I was looking to buy on eBay. I couldn't believe it. I thought the sales guy was using a stock photo but he said that it was the actual bar. I snagged it right away
knowing full well the silver gods were talking to me! Funny how weird things like that happen sometimes.

satinkzo

Postby satinkzo » Thu Jan 16, 2014

How do we submit items from our personal collections if we wanted to?

H2SO4
Gold Jeeper

Postby H2SO4 » Thu Jan 16, 2014

satinkzo wrote:How do we submit items from our personal collections if we wanted to?

for the website?
my best guess would be to PM the original poster in this thread and also find out if their website has a contact us link... :thumbup:
Always looking for BS Bars- any serial numbers. Buy/Trade

satinkzo

Postby satinkzo » Thu Jan 16, 2014

H2SO4 wrote:
satinkzo wrote:How do we submit items from our personal collections if we wanted to?

for the website?
my best guess would be to PM the original poster in this thread and also find out if their website has a contact us link... :thumbup:

I was asking in the forum so it could be answered once for anyone who may also ask because I emailed the website address a while back and got no answer

H2SO4
Gold Jeeper

Postby H2SO4 » Thu Jan 16, 2014

satinkzo wrote:
H2SO4 wrote:

for the website?

I was asking in the forum so it could be answered once for anyone who may also ask because I emailed the website address a while back and got no answer

post it in the Engelhard section of this site. If its rare, cool enough i am sure someone will see it and request to put it on the site. then everyone will get to see it too! :thumbup:
Always looking for BS Bars- any serial numbers. Buy/Trade

highroller4321

Postby highroller4321 » Sat Jan 18, 2014

satinkzo wrote:
H2SO4 wrote:

for the website?

How long ago did you send it?

Are you sure you put the right address in?

satinkzo

Postby satinkzo » Mon Jan 20, 2014

I sent it to the address on the website back in December, around the 10th, via my gmail account. I clicked the link to generate the email.

it's not a big deal, I was just asking for others in case they had same issues.

dolomite

Postby dolomite » Tue Jan 21, 2014

satinkzo wrote:I sent it to the address on the website back in December, around the 10th, via my gmail account. I clicked the link to generate the email.

it's not a big deal, I was just asking for others in case they had same issues.

Well pretty sure it's a big deal to these guys if you say they emailed them and they have no record of it. Perhaps you misspoke when you report having "clicked the link" to generate the email because the email addresses embedded within the site are not active links, rather you must copy and paste.

Their email records indicate a few emails coming through in December, specially around the date you report of December 10th there are dates 12/4/13, 12/8/13 and 12/9/13 none of which went unanswered. Two were new emails discussing counterfeit pieces during which several dialogues were exchanged and the third was from a fellow collector sending new information from their archives.

At no time during the creation of their email account has a message gone without a response.

I encourage you to verify the address to which you originally sent your message or send it again to allengelhard@gmail.com if you still care to. Please be assured these guys are responsive and answer every email.
"Contracts were made to be broken, honey, but a handshake is the law of God." - John Ross Ewing, Jr.

Mirkkanen

Postby Mirkkanen » Tue Jan 21, 2014

Are there any plans to allow for AllEngelhard to function as a marketplace where people can buy/sell their Engelhard items? This would be an interesting feature to add to the site.
Shipping to the USA only.

dolomite

Postby dolomite » Wed Jan 22, 2014

Mirkkanen wrote:Are there any plans to allow for AllEngelhard to function as a marketplace where people can buy/sell their Engelhard items? This would be an interesting feature to add to the site.

J that idea has been discussed and I think would be a great venue for collectors to offer and add pieces. I don't think there are any immediate plans as updating and hosting the remainder of the about.ag pages is the priority at this time.
"Contracts were made to be broken, honey, but a handshake is the law of God." - John Ross Ewing, Jr.

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”