Silver Art Collectors website

tonycrouch1183

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Fri Mar 15, 2013

Over 100 items in the database already! Thanks to Silver Art for his help! Help us out when you get a chance and submit an item that maybe we don't have.
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

Silver Art

Postby Silver Art » Sat Mar 16, 2013

I put in some more silver art items on the Silver Art Collectors site. There are currently 153 items there.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet. :)

Silver Art

Postby Silver Art » Sun Mar 17, 2013

I added 31 more silver art bar items to the Silver Art Collector site. There are currently 200 items there.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet. :)

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Mar 17, 2013

Silver Art wrote:I added 31 more silver art bar items to the Silver Art Collector site. There are currently 200 items there.

Awesome work SA! Thanks so much for your effort and contributions! This will be a great tool and resource for all I know!
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

SteelersFan

Postby SteelersFan » Mon Mar 18, 2013

tonycrouch1183 wrote:
Silver Art wrote:I added 31 more silver art bar items to the Silver Art Collector site. There are currently 200 items there.

Awesome work SA! Thanks so much for your effort and contributions! This will be a great tool and resource for all I know!

Thanks to both of youz guys for getting this together. Looks like the site is developing nicely and over 200 bars have been represented so far. Make that 203, I submitted 3 more for approval/identification today :D

One question. When submitting a bar/round, what does "item number" mean? Thought i'd ask since it's a required field. I've just been putting in "unknown". tia
Ignorance is bliss, so don't concern yourself with the secrets of evil people.

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Mon Mar 18, 2013

SteelersFan wrote:
tonycrouch1183 wrote:

Thanks to both of youz guys for getting this together. Looks like the site is developing nicely and over 200 bars have been represented so far. Make that 203, I submitted 3 more for approval/identification today :D

One question. When submitting a bar/round, what does "item number" mean? Thought i'd ask since it's a required field. I've just been putting in "unknown". tia

The Item number is the generally accepted "Item Number" used in all the Archie Kidd books and mint catalogs. Many of the newer items that can not be found in the Kidd books, we either try to look for a mint item number or we assign it one ourselves.

Don't worry about what you don't know. We are filling in all the blanks we can as items are submitted so that once the item is put into the master catalog it will have as much info as we all know about it.

Thanks for your contributions! The site is growing daily and it's turning into more than I had hoped for in such a short time.

SteelersFan

Postby SteelersFan » Mon Mar 18, 2013

tonycrouch1183 wrote:
SteelersFan wrote:
tonycrouch1183 wrote:

The Item number is the generally accepted "Item Number" used in all the Archie Kidd books and mint catalogs. Many of the newer items that can not be found in the Kidd books, we either try to look for a mint item number or we assign it one ourselves.

Don't worry about what you don't know. We are filling in all the blanks we can as items are submitted so that once the item is put into the master catalog it will have as much info as we all know about it.

Thanks for your contributions! The site is growing daily and it's turning into more than I had hoped for in such a short time.

Guess I'm going to have to finally break down and get to know that Archie Kidd guy better. Any advice on where I can find the most current & complete version?
Ignorance is bliss, so don't concern yourself with the secrets of evil people.

tonycrouch1183

As a matter of fact I do! I actually talked to Archie's son today Stephen and told him about my site and discussed several things with him. I asked him if he had any of the books and he said he did so I would buy direct from the source. If anyone deserves the money, it's Archie's family.

If you go to my site, http://www.silverartcollector.comthere is a banner at the bottom that will get you to the place to buy the books.

eventurer

Postby eventurer » Mon Mar 18, 2013

Website is looking good! That 5 oz Scorpio is a beauty!!
How do you go bankrupt? First gradually, then suddenly....
http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

tonycrouch1183

eventurer wrote:Website is looking good! That 5 oz Scorpio is a beauty!!

Thanks! Yeah...that totally got me checking out my horoscope! :D

Silver Art

Postby Silver Art » Sat Mar 23, 2013

As of now, there are over 300 items (307 to be exact) in the Silver Art Collector database. I, as well as another admin, will continue to add more silver art bars/rounds to SAC throughout this weekend.

Silver Art

Postby Silver Art » Sat Mar 23, 2013

There are currently 331 items that are on the Silver Art Collector site. So far from what I am seeing, it is going very well at SAC. :thumbup:

Silver Art

Postby Silver Art » Sun Apr 07, 2013

As I type this post, there are currently over 500 items (501 items to be exact) on the Silver Art Collector site. This is going very well and I am very happy with the progress that was made by Tony and the other admins. :)

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Apr 07, 2013

Silver Art wrote:As I type this post, there are currently over 500 items (501 items to be exact) on the Silver Art Collector site. This is going very well and I am very happy with the progress that was made by Tony and the other admins. :)

It's awesome to see all the great items that everyone is submitting as well!

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Apr 07, 2013

The site looks great! I'll add some items one of these days. Would be cool to see YPS bars and Rodebaughs listed. ;)
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Apr 07, 2013

MaxGravy wrote:The site looks great! I'll add some items one of these days. Would be cool to see YPS bars and Rodebaughs listed. ;)

YES! We need the YPS and Rodebaughs on there for sure! If anyone has any they can submit that would be great.

I don't have any of either sadly so I need to get me some! :thumbup:

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Tue Apr 09, 2013

The SAC website is having some issues going up and down due to Godaddy hosting losing a data center. They say they are fixing the problem so hopefully it will be corrected asap!

wjruth
Turtle Supporter

Postby wjruth » Tue Apr 09, 2013

Thank you for the update

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Tue Apr 09, 2013

Looks like everything is working ok on SAC now!

Silver Art

Postby Silver Art » Sun Apr 14, 2013

As I type this post, there are currently over 600 items (601 items to be exact) on the Silver Art Collector site.

As a side note, we got rid of the "rarity values" and "ebay values" part of the entries because those values can change depending on demand and where spot silver is at. Keeping and updating the ebay values and rarity values would take too much time especially when we are adding more items to the SAC main site. However, a SAC member can start a thread in the "What's It Worth" subforum of the SAC forum to ask what a certain silver art bar/round is worth on ebay and other can answer based on the observations of other members.

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”