YPS News & Happenings

Silver Addict
Dunce

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Silver Addict » Sat May 20, 2017

digging thru orders this morning, looks like i'll have around 25-30 on monday to sell.

Anybody that put an order in that didn't get an email, let me know and I will resend it manually.

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Sat May 20, 2017

Friday night dinner time never seems to work for me. If anyone has an extra I'd take it or maybe I can get one of the hold backs on Monday. Sweet looking piece for sure.

Silverwildcat
Silver Supporter

Postby Silverwildcat » Sat May 20, 2017

Silver Addict wrote:digging thru orders this morning, looks like i'll have around 25-30 on monday to sell.

Anybody that put an order in that didn't get an email, let me know and I will resend it manually.

Only got a paypal email my order number is 18044
Thanks David
Image ImageImage

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Sat May 20, 2017

At this point, wouldn't it make more sense to just take this into your own hands?

Pick up an ecommerce site from like GoDaddy...

https://www.godaddy.com/websites/online-store

They do make things pretty easy nowadays. I know a guy who uses this -- and he's not exactly the most tech-savvy out there. :lol:

But his site looks & runs fine. (Granted, he doesn't get as many visits/purchases as YPS, but still.)

This is run on WooCommerce, which also has a plug-in for dynamic pricing based on spot. Something like this...

http://ignitewoo.com/woocommerce-extens ... us-metals/

Yes, there's a bit of a learning curve to it all. But once you get the hang of it, it's probably not all that complicated. Not like you're trying to re-invent the wheel, or something.

I dunno... When your website guys publicly admit on their Facebook page that your site is "our biggest and most ambitious project in our 17-year history," that doesn't exactly instill a ton of confidence, ya know? :?

Good luck, whatever you decide to do. It ain't always gonna be easy!

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat May 20, 2017

Tastes like 10-40. Not bad! :thumbup:

Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Sat May 20, 2017

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silversummit » Sat May 20, 2017

MaxGravy wrote:Tastes like 10-40. Not bad! :thumbup:

I would like 1 please :D

:turtle:

Love that Yeager bottle pour! I thought this stamp deserved a Yeager bottle shape :thumbup:
Get $10 in bitcoin when you spend $100 with the link below.
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593f314703c4930098573eed

save 10% on all trade fee's for 6 months at gate exchange.
https://gate.io/signup/955279

binance
https://www.binance.com/?ref=13221361
thank you to any who use these links as I get referral bonuses also :thumbup:

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Sat May 20, 2017

When is that bottle coming out???? I want one, that's the coolest pour yet in my eyes.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat May 20, 2017

Image Image Image

zubie
Totem Pole Supporter

Postby zubie » Sun May 21, 2017

That yeagermeister bottle is so sweet. Quit teasing us Randy! When is that thing going on sale and what will the mintage be???
I need to start saving up some cash for all these new pieces!!!
Wanted: Older YPS 1 oz Hex Yin/Yang & any YPS #21s.
Please PM me to $ell or trade. Thanks :turtle:

ImageImageImage

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Sun May 21, 2017

:forsale:

One slightly-used Kilo Skull.

May smell like motor oil.

:offer:

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Sun May 21, 2017

Shortstack McAygee wrote:At this point, wouldn't it make more sense to just take this into your own hands?

Pick up an ecommerce site from like GoDaddy...

https://www.godaddy.com/websites/online-store

They do make things pretty easy nowadays. I know a guy who uses this -- and he's not exactly the most tech-savvy out there. :lol:

But his site looks & runs fine. (Granted, he doesn't get as many visits/purchases as YPS, but still.)

This is run on WooCommerce, which also has a plug-in for dynamic pricing based on spot. Something like this...

http://ignitewoo.com/woocommerce-extens ... us-metals/

Yes, there's a bit of a learning curve to it all. But once you get the hang of it, it's probably not all that complicated. Not like you're trying to re-invent the wheel, or something.

I dunno... When your website guys publicly admit on their Facebook page that your site is "our biggest and most ambitious project in our 17-year history," that doesn't exactly instill a ton of confidence, ya know? :?

Good luck, whatever you decide to do. It ain't always gonna be easy!

+1 :thumbup:
"Back in '82 I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile" --Uncle Rico

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

agnostic wrote:+1 :thumbup:

Eh, for all I know, the website guys could be doing exactly what I described above.

But in which case: Why pay somebody else extra, when you could easily do an equally good/bad job, yourself? :?

Heck, maybe they're even using the same exact plug-in for the dynamic pricing aspect, which may be buggy & is playing a role in slowing down the site & then creating subsequent issues (like non-orders & duplicate orders).

If that's the case, then the plug-in developer needs to fix that, stat. And if he can't, then you're gonna have to go elsewhere. Maybe see how others are handling dynamic pricing? Just head to some other dealer sites, point your mouse at a blank field, right-click (for those non-Apple users) & click on "View Page Source"

Surely a common garden-variety code-monkey could do that, and then go from there, no? Speaking of which, do we have any here who could lend a much-needed hand to YPS?? (I hear they might compensate you not in fiat, but in rare YPS bars. :shh: )

Anyway, I could probably accurately claim that this would be my biggest & most ambitious project, as well -- but then again, I ain't even in this industry! :P

So, take what I say with a large grain of salt. :( :mrgreen:

RyanEOD
Platinum Site Tech

Postby RyanEOD » Sun May 21, 2017

Shortstack McAygee wrote:
agnostic wrote:+1 :thumbup:

Eh, for all I know, the website guys could be doing exactly what I described above.

But in which case: Why pay somebody else extra, when you could easily do an equally good/bad job, yourself? :?

Heck, maybe they're even using the same exact plug-in for the dynamic pricing aspect, which may be buggy & is playing a role in slowing down the site & then creating subsequent issues (like non-orders & duplicate orders).

If that's the case, then the plug-in developer needs to fix that, stat. And if he can't, then you're gonna have to go elsewhere. Maybe see how others are handling dynamic pricing? Just head to some other dealer sites, point your mouse at a blank field, right-click (for those non-Apple users) & click on "View Page Source"

Surely a common garden-variety code-monkey could do that, and then go from there, no? Speaking of which, do we have any here who could lend a much-needed hand to YPS?? (I hear they might compensate you not in fiat, but in rare YPS bars. :shh: )

Anyway, I could probably accurately claim that this would be my biggest & most ambitious project, as well -- but then again, I ain't even in this industry! :P

So, take what I say with a large grain of salt. :( :mrgreen:

I bet YPS has his people working on it and smoothing out the bugs. It is a new website, those always have a few kinks to work out.

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

RyanEOD wrote:I bet YPS has his people working on it and smoothing out the bugs. It is a new website, those always have a few kinks to work out.

Understood. Besides, not my company, not my site. Which is why I hate to even bring it up.

Still: Frustrating for many, for a while now. I miss the old site. :cry:

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Sun May 21, 2017

RyanEOD wrote:I bet YPS has his people working on it and smoothing out the bugs. It is a new website, those always have a few kinks to work out.

Understood. Besides, not my company, not my site. Which is why I hate to even bring it up.

One YPS collector i met on instagram claims that he hasn't bought anything since the site changed; he had no interest in the punisher bar at all.
I prefer payment in crypto: LTC, ETH AND BTC. Also accept Google Wallet, Zelle , Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks. Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Sun May 21, 2017

Silverkid wrote:

One YPS collector i met on instagram claims that he hasn't bought anything since the site changed; he had no interest in the punisher bar at all.

That just leaves more for us :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:turtle:
Vision without execution is hallucination

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Sun May 21, 2017

Silverkid wrote:

Spoken like a true collector. If a slight delay in getting what he wants causes him to give up the "hobby" completely, we now know why he is still single. Wonder if he also throws his groceries on the floor and walks out of the store if there is someone in front of him at the register
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun May 21, 2017

Remember all the issues we had with BS a few years ago? It took over 6 months to get it worked out. I know Ryan remembers. He doesn't want to remember. We moved from a sucky host to a suckier host. Finally we found a great provider and put the site on a VPS.

YPS is far more complicated. Once tuned it'll hum like a brand new blue-printed V12. And I hear there's cool new stuff coming out this summer. :shh:
Image Image Image

loosechange808

Postby loosechange808 » Mon May 22, 2017

Silverkid wrote:One YPS collector i met on instagram claims that he hasn't bought anything since the site changed; he had no interest in the punisher bar at all.

it's just growing pains... it really wasn't that difficult to purchase the punishers. :roll:

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”