Scraps by Curb vs. Sears Holdings

Please put all polls here.
t458
Turtle Supporter

Re: Scraps by Curb vs. Sears Holdings

Postby t458 » Sun Oct 14, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:I thought the value in Sears was just real estate at this time. How many people shop at Sears? :?

They sold most of their real estate starting since the 90s.

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Sun Oct 14, 2018

How many member's got family photos at Sears? We never went anywhere else :cry:
Image ImageImage

MileHighSilver
Turtle Supporter

Postby MileHighSilver » Sun Oct 14, 2018

Sears has a ~$150 million debt payment due tomorrow, It doesn't appear they will make that payment, I'd be surprised if they don't declare bankruptcy prior to market open tomorrow.

jareksdad

Postby jareksdad » Sun Oct 14, 2018

Not surewhats up but sears stock is UP 18+% right now it says.......

pitw
Gold Supporter

Postby pitw » Sun Oct 14, 2018

It was the sears and eatons catalogues that helped settle the country I live in. You could get anything from chicks to a house from them.

recyclersteve

Postby recyclersteve » Mon Oct 15, 2018

And in late breaking news, Sears (stock ticker: SHLD) has officially declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy. This doesn't mean they are completely shutting down. It means they have too much debt and will be looking to cut way back on debt. In other words, many (such as owners of the common stock) will likely not get paid. Also, expect additional store closings and people to be laid off. This is the end of an era.

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Sun Oct 21, 2018

I heard on news the past week that Sears would keep some stores open through Holidays while also liquidating stock.
Thursday I received $39. free cash coupon to use in store at Sears. (I'm 'Shop Your Way' mbr) Thought I'd ck it out...
The store here has lots of 50% or much more off on stuff. Inventory is thin on some things.
'
I got a pair of Dickies and Wolverine work pants and a some nice summer shorts for $13.! ($140. full price) :thumbup:
...I'm still sad to see Sears/Kmart shut downs.
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Sun Oct 21, 2018

AGhead wrote:I heard on news the past week that Sears would keep some stores open through Holidays while also liquidating stock.
Thursday I received $39. free cash coupon to use in store at Sears. (I'm 'Shop Your Way' mbr) Thought I'd ck it out...
The store here has lots of 50% or much more off on stuff. Inventory is thin on some things.
'
I got a pair of Dickies and Wolverine work pants and a some nice summer shorts for $13.! ($140. full price) :thumbup:
...I'm still sad to see Sears/Kmart shut downs.

I just now got email from my Sears 'shop ur way' acct. I got 15.00 free cash, 5.00 free cash, also 15.00 off 30.00 in lawn n garden, all in store. Also, they handed me bunch of the same with my register receipt yesterday.
All this includes clearance items, tools, and most everything with very few limitations. I can use all in same day just not same check-out. (I just don't need much)
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Oct 22, 2018

There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

MileHighSilver
Turtle Supporter

Postby MileHighSilver » Wed Oct 24, 2018

jareksdad

Postby jareksdad » Wed Oct 24, 2018

They got delisted today too. Sooooooooo sad....
D

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Thu Oct 25, 2018

I ended up with a big chunk of Sears gift cards after they suddenly banned using GCs to buy their market place gold coins through APMEX.

I used a few on some Craftsman stuff, and then told my wife that we had Sears GCs that we probably should spend asap. Now I have very frugal wife who will drive another 5 miles to buy gas 3¢ cheaper, and pours over supermarket coupon flyers to get the absolute best price for the week. And I love her for it. :D . But telling her that we had GCs that had to be spent quickly - I saw a side of her unknown to me. She had her IPhone, IPad, and the laptop all humming in unison. Using our two Sears accounts simultaneously she managed to spend a little under $400 of GCs on several reasonable items in under 45 minutes. An amazing performance! But she wasn't done yet. She discovered some Sears cash back dollars in my account that I didn't even know existed. When I asked what she was buying after the GCs were used up with rolling eyes :roll: she informed me that I would have lost about $40 if she wasn't there to help me. She definitely piled up the points on me today. :lol:
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

Silvervein
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silvervein » Thu Oct 25, 2018

Sadly no more Toughskins...
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold."
- Bob Marley

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Thu Oct 25, 2018

Silvervein wrote:Sadly no more Toughskins...

There is a particular style of Die Hard boots that my son likes for work. He hit the three Sears stores that are within easy driving distance and scored four pairs at 50% off. He's set for the next 6 or 7 years.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

t458
Turtle Supporter

Postby t458 » Thu Oct 25, 2018

BotanicusRex wrote:I ended up with a big chunk of Sears gift cards after they suddenly banned using GCs to buy their market place gold coins through APMEX.

I used a few on some Craftsman stuff, and then told my wife that we had Sears GCs that we probably should spend asap. Now I have very frugal wife who will drive another 5 miles to buy gas 3¢ cheaper, and pours over supermarket coupon flyers to get the absolute best price for the week. And I love her for it. :D . But telling her that we had GCs that had to be spent quickly - I saw a side of her unknown to me. She had her IPhone, IPad, and the laptop all humming in unison. Using our two Sears accounts simultaneously she managed to spend a little under $400 of GCs on several reasonable items in under 45 minutes. An amazing performance! But she wasn't done yet. She discovered some Sears cash back dollars in my account that I didn't even know existed. When I asked what she was buying after the GCs were used up with rolling eyes :roll: she informed me that I would have lost about $40 if she wasn't there to help me. She definitely piled up the points on me today. :lol:

A good wife makes all the difference in a man's life.

MileHighSilver
Turtle Supporter

Postby MileHighSilver » Thu Oct 25, 2018

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Nov 09, 2018

Sears to shut 40 more stores early next year

Sears is planning to shut 40 more stores next year.

This will be in addition to the 142 unprofitable stores the department store chain is already expected to close toward the end of 2018.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/sears-t ... -year.html
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

shinnosuke

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Nov 09, 2018

According to the data at http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html, American credit card debt alone is over $1 trillion.

I was born and raised in Houston, TX. When I was a kid back in the 1960's, and a few weeks after school started, my mom would take me to the Sears in Pasadena, the closest one from our home in SE Houston, to buy a winter coat. The only problem was this was Houston, and September is still hot enough to go swimming at Galveston. I didn't want a coat then, and would tell my mom so.

As all of you know, Moms are a lot smarter than we are. Technically, she wasn't buying me that coat in September. She was claiming a coat for me. It was the days when most people didn't own a credit card (or charge card, as they called it), and mom would put the coat on Lay-Away at Sears. Three months later, when it was cooler, Mom would finish the payments and I would have my new jacket. Good ol' Sears and dear ol' mom. I'd like to have her installed as US Secretary of the Treasury. She'd save the country a lot of money and do it with common sense...a much better choice than that felon Steve Mnuchin with his fake Hollywood monster-wife.

Return to “Polling Place”