Don't care/ Don't Know
11%

Total votes: 54

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Re: Is Bitcoin in a bubble?

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Jan 10, 2018

Gus Chiggins wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Here is his conclusion: because I don't understand this, and I don't have easy metrics to properly assign valuation I declare them all overvalued based on.... my emotions.

I would say his comments are no different than most people who don't understand it.
Going up? Must be a bubble.
What about stocks that he DOES know about? They've been rising since 2008. Not a bubble though, right? All of the FRNs printed and institutions sinking newly-printed dollars into the market. No bubble, though, right?

You could argue everything (except metals) is a bubble. Because of the easy money policy of the whole world with historical low interest rates, there is a bubble in most assets. Including the stock market, real estate, and now the latest is the crypto space.

Buffett is no fool. He is building up his cash hoard for when this all crashes. Pay attention to him. He did not become one of the richest people in the world by being stupid.
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Gus Chiggins
Platinum Proof Supporter

Postby Gus Chiggins » Wed Jan 10, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:
Gus Chiggins wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Here is his conclusion: because I don't understand this, and I don't have easy metrics to properly assign valuation I declare them all overvalued based on.... my emotions.

I would say his comments are no different than most people who don't understand it.
Going up? Must be a bubble.
What about stocks that he DOES know about? They've been rising since 2008. Not a bubble though, right? All of the FRNs printed and institutions sinking newly-printed dollars into the market. No bubble, though, right?

You could argue everything (except metals) is a bubble. Because of the easy money policy of the whole world with historical low interest rates, there is a bubble in most assets. Including the stock market, real estate, and now the latest is the crypto space.

Buffett is no fool. He is building up his cash hoard for when this all crashes. Pay attention to him. He did not become one of the richest people in the world by being stupid.

Then he probably shou'dve gotten into bitcoin when it was $5 if he were so smart.

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Wed Jan 10, 2018

If Buffett doesn't understand something (ex.: where the value is in dotcoms or crypto) he generally stays away from it. As far as the concept of blockchains, I expect he (and staff) does understand that better than most.

His investing criteria served him (and his investors) very well over the years.
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Polling Place”