Bullion Stacker - Precious Metal Discussion
AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.

What Bank Does PayPal use?

What Bank Does PayPal use?

Postby MasterBlaster on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:10 am

I'm trying to find out what bank PayPal checks are drawn on, I need to withdraw funds and need to know if there's a branch near me to cash check and yes I do know there are other ways to withdraw :D
ImageImageImage

Re: Whay Bank Does PayPal use?

Postby Double3 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:15 am

Why can't you cash it at your bank?

Or do you not have a bank?
ImageImageImage

Postby DoctorMetal on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:23 am

I think the name of the bank is GE Money Bank. At least that's who calls me when I miss a payment :oops: I do not think they have but a single branch in the USA, but from my experience (at least electronically), they work real well with BoFA.

Postby pmbug on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:21 am

I can't find any info with a quick search, but I did find this:

http://www.freeopenbook.com/paypal-hack ... ECT-8.html

I might also suggest you can buy gold/silver using the PayPal account and then sell the gold/silver at your local coin shop which will likely issue a check drawn on a local bank.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Lao Tzu

Re: What Bank Does PayPal use?

Postby natsb88 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:25 pm

MasterBlaster wrote:I'm trying to find out what bank PayPal checks are drawn on, I need to withdraw funds and need to know if there's a branch near me to cash check and yes I do know there are other ways to withdraw :D

The only thing I could find is that the paper checks they send in India seem to be through Citi :lol:

Why would you need to go the issuing bank to cash it? Any bank can cash it. If you don't have an account there it might cost $10 - $15 though (and I know of at least one locally that takes a thumb print if you don't have an account :shock: )

Postby MasterBlaster on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Thanks for the replies, I called PP and they use multiple banks, I guess the PP Debit Card might be best for my situation, if anyone has had a problem with their debit card please speak up :D For those BS members with "inquiring minds" it's nice being secretive is it? ;)
ImageImageImage

Postby Kutzy on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 pm

MasterBlaster wrote:Thanks for the replies, I called PP and they use multiple banks, I guess the PP Debit Card might be best for my situation, if anyone has had a problem with their debit card please speak up :D For those BS members with "inquiring minds" it's nice being secretive is it? ;)

I used their debit card for about 6 months, but found paying the $3 surcharge to get cash through the ATM, not worth it. Its nice to use for purchases, but I had no banks around here that gave me free fees on the card.

This was about 6 years ago as well...
I accept payment through Dwolla, PPG, check or money order. Accommodation available for international orders as well.

Postby Classiczcar on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:10 am

The Paypal debit card is great! Use it like a credit card and get 1% back on whatever you buy.

You can use it at the ATM to get cash. But as someone mentioned you have to pay the ATM fees about 3 bucks.
“The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for certain if they’re accurate.” – Abraham Lincoln

Return to Burgers and Beers