What Bank Does PayPal use?

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

What Bank Does PayPal use?

Postby MasterBlaster » Wed Nov 30, 2011

I'm trying to find out what bank PayPal checks are drawn on, I need to withdraw funds and need to know if there's a branch near me to cash check and yes I do know there are other ways to withdraw :D
ImageImageImage

Double3
Gold Supporter

Re: Whay Bank Does PayPal use?

Postby Double3 » Wed Nov 30, 2011

Why can't you cash it at your bank?

Or do you not have a bank?

DoctorMetal
Silver Supporter

Postby DoctorMetal » Wed Nov 30, 2011

I think the name of the bank is GE Money Bank. At least that's who calls me when I miss a payment :oops: I do not think they have but a single branch in the USA, but from my experience (at least electronically), they work real well with BoFA.

pmbug

Postby pmbug » Wed Nov 30, 2011

I can't find any info with a quick search, but I did find this:

http://www.freeopenbook.com/paypal-hack ... ECT-8.html

I might also suggest you can buy gold/silver using the PayPal account and then sell the gold/silver at your local coin shop which will likely issue a check drawn on a local bank.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Lao Tzu

natsb88
Gold Supporter

Re: What Bank Does PayPal use?

Postby natsb88 » Wed Nov 30, 2011

MasterBlaster wrote:I'm trying to find out what bank PayPal checks are drawn on, I need to withdraw funds and need to know if there's a branch near me to cash check and yes I do know there are other ways to withdraw :D

The only thing I could find is that the paper checks they send in India seem to be through Citi :lol:

Why would you need to go the issuing bank to cash it? Any bank can cash it. If you don't have an account there it might cost $10 - $15 though (and I know of at least one locally that takes a thumb print if you don't have an account :shock: )

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Wed Nov 30, 2011

Thanks for the replies, I called PP and they use multiple banks, I guess the PP Debit Card might be best for my situation, if anyone has had a problem with their debit card please speak up :D For those BS members with "inquiring minds" it's nice being secretive is it? ;)
ImageImageImage

Kutzy
Turtle Supporter

Postby Kutzy » Wed Nov 30, 2011

MasterBlaster wrote:Thanks for the replies, I called PP and they use multiple banks, I guess the PP Debit Card might be best for my situation, if anyone has had a problem with their debit card please speak up :D For those BS members with "inquiring minds" it's nice being secretive is it? ;)

I used their debit card for about 6 months, but found paying the $3 surcharge to get cash through the ATM, not worth it. Its nice to use for purchases, but I had no banks around here that gave me free fees on the card.

This was about 6 years ago as well...
I accept payment through Dwolla, PPG, check or money order. Accommodation available for international orders as well.

Classiczcar

Postby Classiczcar » Thu Dec 01, 2011

The Paypal debit card is great! Use it like a credit card and get 1% back on whatever you buy.

You can use it at the ATM to get cash. But as someone mentioned you have to pay the ATM fees about 3 bucks.
“The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for certain if they’re accurate.” – Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Burgers and Beers”