Diet and Exercise thread

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Re: Diet and Exercise thread

Postby BarsandStars » Fri Feb 09, 2018

bigjohn wrote:One of our own, str8flexed with http://killitwithiron.com , is coaching me through a weight loss/diet/exercise/supplements program. I’ve lost 15 lb so far this year 8-)

Does he have one for savages like me who don't eat vegetables?
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Fri Feb 09, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:
bigjohn wrote:One of our own, str8flexed with http://killitwithiron.com , is coaching me through a weight loss/diet/exercise/supplements program. I’ve lost 15 lb so far this year 8-)

Does he have one for savages like me who don't eat vegetables?

As far as dieting goes, he had me join Avatar Nutrition. You can eat whatever you want as long as you stick to your macros and not go over (or under) the daily requirement for proteins/carbs/fats
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Feb 09, 2018

I have a friend who is into Parkour exercising but i dont get it :?
It must work bc he looks like he doesnt have an oz of fat on his body
ImageImageImage

blackrabbit
Supporter

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Feb 09, 2018

Since I snapped my forearm and mangled my wrist I was slowly losing upper body strength. The surgeon who put my wrist back together and stuck in the steel plate told me I may not be able to do normal pushups ever again and if I might have to do them on my fists. I was lagging for a while and doing a few pushups here and there but was able to do them normally with not too much pain. This January I decided to see if what my wrist could handle. I watched some youtube videos of young skinny guys doing a 100 push up/30 day challenge so I thought I'd try it. Lots of soreness in the wrist but no real pain indicating over use/damage. I just finished the 30 days, (actually 33 days taking off the 3 days I went snowboarding). My whole body feels stronger and my core /stomach has gotten a lot tighter. I took a day off from pushups then yesterday I did 200. I am sore but feeling good, have more energy, and have started pullups, dips and bridges to get myself in better shape. I like doing home calisthenics/body weight training as I hate to drive across town and into the city to hit a gym. I am going to try to keep it up for the rest of my life.

It is much easier to fool a man than to convince him that he has been fooled.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Fri Feb 09, 2018

blackrabbit wrote:Since I snapped my forearm and mangled my wrist I was slowly losing upper body strength. The surgeon who put my wrist back together and stuck in the steel plate told me I may not be able to do normal pushups ever again and if I might have to do them on my fists. I was lagging for a while and doing a few pushups here and there but was able to do them normally with not too much pain. This January I decided to see if what my wrist could handle. I watched some youtube videos of young skinny guys doing a 100 push up/30 day challenge so I thought I'd try it. Lots of soreness in the wrist but no real pain indicating over use/damage. I just finished the 30 days, (actually 33 days taking off the 3 days I went snowboarding). My whole body feels stronger and my core /stomach has gotten a lot tighter. I took a day off from pushups then yesterday I did 200. I am sore but feeling good, have more energy, and have started pullups, dips and bridges to get myself in better shape. I like doing home calisthenics/body weight training as I hate to drive across town and into the city to hit a gym. I am going to try to keep it up for the rest of my life.

Very impressive :clap: :clap: :clap:

ImageImage Image

jfkwashere

Postby jfkwashere » Fri Feb 09, 2018

For over a year now I’ve been using a Garmin smart watch with GPS, heart rate, temp and a setup to record everything over time. I use it to track hikes, ski days, rowing and of course daily steps. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

My goals for this year are more time on the mountain bike and to double the days out on the boat. Though the boats not that healthy...

I hope to do a rim to rim and back of the Grand Canyon in April. In preparation another backpack trip’s planned for SE Utah in March. Presently just walking everyday to try keeping fit.

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Feb 10, 2018

Since the superbowl, I'm back on the BBBP diet. No bread, beer, baked goods or potato. I've lost 5 lbs this week..goal is 25 lbs, but really could lose 40
Outstanding!

str8flexed

Postby str8flexed » Sat Feb 10, 2018

You are killing it my man! Very proud of you, can’t wait to see the final results.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Sat Feb 10, 2018

str8flexed wrote:

You are killing it my man! Very proud of you, can’t wait to see the final results.

Wouldn’t have done it if it wasn’t for you pushing me and keeping me accountable, especially early on. I feel better already

ImageImage Image

Walkabout

Postby Walkabout » Sun Feb 11, 2018

I teach yoga not for pussies. Answering the question on the spot "what kind of yoga do you teach?" is difficult for one reason, you don't know what the person asking has in their head and what is the difference between what you say and what they will hear. So, my friend suggested a remedy to this just saying its yoga not for pussies.

I would like to start creating videos for people one on one who have some yoga experience and want to work on certain objectives.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Mon Feb 12, 2018

California has Weed yoga classes now, hmmm
ImageImageImage

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Mon Feb 12, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:California has Weed yoga classes now, hmmm

Doesn't THC affect your balance? I would think they go together about about as well as blow and meditation.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Mon Feb 12, 2018

Rik Bitter wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:California has Weed yoga classes now, hmmm

Doesn't THC affect your balance? I would think they go together about about as well as blow and meditation.

Not sure but they looked so relaxed on TV :lol:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Burgers and Beers”