Diet and Exercise thread

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
flyingboujanero
Gold Supporter

Re: Diet and Exercise thread

Postby flyingboujanero » Mon Mar 21, 2011

OK, here is an interesting one my wife read about.

Drink lemon water. Take a half lemon and squeeze it in about 32oz of water and drink it during the day. It is supposed to increase your metabolism. We've been doing this for about a month and I think it is actually doing that. I feel like I'm burning more calories. Heck I'm hungry at like 9pm now, I never was previously.

I'll try to edit this post with links, if anyone is interested.
This space for rent. Inquire within. 1/10 oz silver per month

Silverstack3r

Postby Silverstack3r » Mon Mar 21, 2011

flyingboujanero wrote:OK, here is an interesting one my wife read about.

Drink lemon water. Take a half lemon and squeeze it in about 32oz of water and drink it during the day. It is supposed to increase your metabolism. We've been doing this for about a month and I think it is actually doing that. I feel like I'm burning more calories. Heck I'm hungry at like 9pm now, I never was previously.

I'll try to edit this post with links, if anyone is interested.

My wife and I have also been doing this (I add extra lemon juice to mine). We have noticed the same result! As far as supplements go, I used to take all kinds. About 6 months ago I decided to get my protein exclusively from the food I eat. I eat a small handful of Almonds daily and white fish or chicken for either lunch or dinner. I have noticed better gains in the gym since doing this. I think my body responds better to real food instead of the supplements. If anyone has had similar results I would love to hear.

metal head

Postby metal head » Mon Mar 21, 2011

I'll have to try the lemon water. I drink lots of water as it is an only have diet Coke with my whiskey 8-) The propel fitness water is great too if anyone hasn't tried it yet. Now for my worlds best salad dressing: Olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, and Natures Seasoning. Just drizzle it over your salad and you will be loving it, you don't even have to mix it, just pour and shake them on one at a time. YUMMY!!
ImageImage

BOGGER

Postby BOGGER » Tue Mar 22, 2011

metal head wrote:AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.

Just trying to see if others can offer any help or suggestions in this topic. I have had some success with a few sups and would love to get input from others that have had success. I love the Jack 3D from USP labs. It is a pre workout powder that gives you pretty much instant stamina, concentration, and endurance. Highly recommended. Plus at less than $1 per serving who can beat it?

Thanks 3g's, I'm still wait'n for those beers! :D

If you like jack 3d try 1MR, this stuff will kick ya on your azz and blow jack 3d out of the water.

BOGGER

I work out 6 days a week, at least 1.5-2hours per visit.

I start the week doing the following:

Day 1:chest and tricepss

Day 2: legs

Day 3: back and biceps

Day 4: shoulders and abs

Day 5: either circuit training or repeat cycle

Day 6: either circuit training or cardio and abs

Let's look at day 1. I'll do one set of flat bench (8-12reps) then do one set of a triceps exercise (8-12reps) and repeat that for 4 sets for each (chest and tricepst totaling 8 sets together) Then I'll move onto incline bench and another triceps exercise doing the same switching back and forth between sets and muscle groups.

When I'm pretty beat or around an hour into my workout I'll do cardio for around 30mintues then finish up my workout with my chest and tri's.

I do a lot of switching up routines and exercises

metal head

Postby metal head » Tue Mar 22, 2011

BOGGER wrote:If you like jack 3d try 1MR, this stuff will kick ya on your azz and blow jack 3d out of the water.

I have heard that Jack 3D isn't the latest and greatest, and I have heard 1 MR is pretty killer but have yet to try it. How much is it for how many servings?

I try to hit it 5 x a week, I hit legs on Sunday, Mon-shoulders/traps, Tues-back, Wed chest, Thurs- arms. I may hit a half hour of cardio a few times in there. I have been doing that routine for a few years straight, I know it is time to change it up, but I like it and I get good results. I know I know, no abs in there, I am brainwashed by the old saying, abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym so that is my excuse and I'm stickin to it :roll: Give me one or two of your favorite non traditional exercises I can throw try out for the big groups.
ImageImage

BOGGER

metal head wrote:
BOGGER wrote:If you like jack 3d try 1MR, this stuff will kick ya on your azz and blow jack 3d out of the water.

I have heard that Jack 3D isn't the latest and greatest, and I have heard 1 MR is pretty killer but have yet to try it. How much is it for how many servings?

Give me one or two of your favorite non traditional exercises I can throw try out for the big groups.

I was taking NOxploe before 1MR and it lasted me a good 2.5months taking 2 scoops a workout day but I want to say 1MR only last maybe 1.5-2months but the scoop sizes are ridiculously small. At first I was like WTF? I got ripped off, since the tub is about half the size but I'm only taking about 1/4 the size of NOxplode but It's like 3times stronger.

I do a lot of "non traditional" exercises. My buddies actually crack jokes at me at times when they see me doing them but when they try them, it's a different story. ;)

You ever try one leg dead lift? Put a bench parallel with the dead lift bar about 2-3 apart. Put the top part of your foot on the bench so it's resting hold the weight of your body while with the other leg you preform a deadlift.

This is the same concept but is squating:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/d ... bell-squat

It's kind of hard to explain a few of the workouts I prefrom but I will see if I can find them on the web later tonight.

BOGGER

When it's time to switch it up or looking for some pointers I go to this:
http://www.mhbigbookofexercises.com/uof ... ntn.5DdcFA

Pretty extensive book

GTR

Postby GTR » Wed Jun 29, 2011

Mustard(seed, the dark stuff) is also a big fat burner too, and has zero calories...along with my fave, HOT SAUCE!!!!
R.O.C.K
Robotic Organism Calibrated for Killing

halfhunter
Gold Supporter

Postby halfhunter » Wed Jun 29, 2011

BOGGER wrote:I work out 6 days a week, at least 1.5-2hours per visit.

Let's look at day 1. I'll do one set of flat bench (8-12reps) then do one set of a triceps exercise (8-12reps) and repeat that for 4 sets for each (chest and tricepst totaling 8 sets together) Then I'll move onto incline bench and another triceps exercise doing the same switching back and forth between sets and muscle groups.

When I'm pretty beat or around an hour into my workout I'll do cardio for around 30mintues then finish up my workout with my chest and tri's.

GEEZE . . . You guys must not have jobs where you have to do REAL work ! ! ! :roll:

:lol:

HH
Always Searching For OBW Rolls ! ! !

Double3
Gold Supporter

Postby Double3 » Wed Jun 29, 2011

I like to see a thread like this.

I've been lifting for 11 years. Got myself a home gym now and loving that for the past 2 years.

Anymore I don't have a bunch of time to workout since my son came along. Right now during the summer I just stay active and lift 2 days a week. Basically hitting real lifts like Deadlift, Squat, Dips, DB bench, Pullups, and DB rows.

Diet is where it is at. You can lift all you want but if your diet isn't right you are just spinning your wheels. Supplements are a waste for the most part.

Silvertongue

Postby Silvertongue » Wed Jun 29, 2011

Recognizing its unpopularity...

Atkins has done wonders for me since being diagnosed with diabetes. I know Atkins is not for everyone, but the positive results have shocked even my doctor, with dramatic improvement in all of my blood work... and down 28 pounds.

Good thing I love eggs. :lol:

SilverRider

Postby SilverRider » Wed Jun 29, 2011

I think this is a great thread!

A few years ago I was up to 250 (I only weighted 160 when I was out of college). I was tired of seeing myself so fat in the mirror so I did the shake thing, I replaced my breakfast and lunch with those herbalife shakes and martial arts training. I lost about 50lbs doing that and have kept it off for the last few years, but I don't do the martial arts because it became so expensive, we had a kid, and I moved. However I'm still not where I'd like to be so I think I'm going to start lifting again and go to one of those earling morning "fitness boot camps".

I'd like to lose about another 40lbs of fat and put on 20lbs of muscle over there next year or so. I also have an office job and I'm not home very much, which is why I'm hoping that one of the morning programs will work out well for me.
Looking to buy Pre-2010 £2 Britannias (Proof/Regular, Graded/Ungraded, must be 69-70 BU quality)

The Bonehead

Postby The Bonehead » Wed Jun 29, 2011

I just ate at Wendy's for lunch. I can feel every part of my body slowly dying.
ImageImageImage

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Wed Jun 29, 2011

I'm 52, three years ago I weighed 260, today 185, make sure you get blood work done yearly, my thyroid/testosterone levels were very low. It took about 6 months of walking and taking my meds to get back to my college playing weight. I had 42 waist Levi's, now 34 :D If you notice weight gain and lost energy please get to your Dr and have blood work done....
Image ImageImage

AU137

Postby AU137 » Wed Jun 29, 2011

SilverRider wrote:However I'm still not where I'd like to be so I think I'm going to start lifting again and go to one of those earling morning "fitness boot camps".

Thumbs up from me for the "fitness boot camp". I was doing pretty well weightlifting and martial arts but then I got hurt pretty good. Back and rotator cuff problems from getting older and over doing it ( I remember going to physical therapy for my shoulder in the morning and then getting armbarred at night - not too swift). I was out of shape a few years when my wife dragged me to her boot camp class. I remember standing there in the morning, the only guy in class, thinking what am I doing here, I don't belong here, I'm too good for this. I was humbled 5 minutes later when I was gasping for breath.

Two years later, back and shoulder doing great. The motivation, instruction and routines all better than what I could do on my own. I'm amazed the shape I'm in, considering I don't use any thing heavier than a 12 pound weight. Lots of core strength training and body weight exercises. Two thumbs up.

BOGGER

Postby BOGGER » Thu Jun 30, 2011

halfhunter wrote:
BOGGER wrote:I work out 6 days a week, at least 1.5-2hours per visit.

GEEZE . . . You guys must not have jobs where you have to do REAL work ! ! ! :roll:

:lol:

HH

I work 4 days a week and have three 5 hour classes (still in college)

Soo I have a bit of free time when I'm not chasing women, canoeing or boozing. :?

I currently go 4-6days a week, This summer weather has really been putting a damper on my schedule

BOGGER

Postby BOGGER » Thu Jun 30, 2011

And for those who care I've been trying this workout for the past few weeks and really have been enjoying it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian- ... rainer.htm

metal head

Postby metal head » Fri Jul 01, 2011

BOGGER wrote:And for those who care I've been trying this workout for the past few weeks and really have been enjoying it.

Where is the abs episode? :?: ?
ImageImage

BOGGER

Postby BOGGER » Tue Jul 05, 2011

metal head wrote:
BOGGER wrote:And for those who care I've been trying this workout for the past few weeks and really have been enjoying it.

Where is the abs episode? :?: ?

A lot of bodybuilders I talk to (my local gym competes) say they do little abs. In competition they want huge upper and lower bodies while having a very slim waist line. The more abs you do, the bigger your muscles will get causing you to look square rather then having that much desired V shape.

I have a six pack and i do work on the regularly but I do not compete...(not yet)

If you want to slim down you have to do more then just do situp ups. Nutrition and cardio are key. Generally if you cut your carbs down and eat high protein meats such as chicken, you'll see your body transform.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”