Diet and Exercise thread

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
metal head

Diet and Exercise thread

Postby metal head » Sun Mar 20, 2011

I love lifting weights and always enjoy hearing other people's routines, tips, etc. My diet needs alot of work but I do check out different supplements now and then and thought we may be able to share what works/doesn't work and such. Just an idea, may has well cover all of our bases here. Anyone else?
ImageImage

GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

Re: Diet and Exercise thread

Postby GoldGoldandGold » Sun Mar 20, 2011

metal head wrote:I love lifting weights and always enjoy hearing other people's routines, tips, etc. My diet needs alot of work but I do check out different supplements now and then and thought we may be able to share what works/doesn't work and such. Just an idea, may has well cover all of our bases here. Anyone else?

Excellent thread.....

Folks - I have met metal head couple times and let me tell you - he is the guy on the sovereign coin :lol:
I do accept free gold

kensho52

Postby kensho52 » Sun Mar 20, 2011

goldgoldandgold wrote:
metal head wrote:I love lifting weights and always enjoy hearing other people's routines, tips, etc. My diet needs alot of work but I do check out different supplements now and then and thought we may be able to share what works/doesn't work and such. Just an idea, may has well cover all of our bases here. Anyone else?

Excellent thread.....

Folks - I have met metal head couple times and let me tell you - he is the guy on the sovereign coin :lol:

George, Edward, or Elizabeth? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nexialist, Guild Navigator, Bard

Image Image

short stack

Postby short stack » Sun Mar 20, 2011

You cant be serious about starting a thread like this on the same day that people are getting banned for not talking about metals on this forum

Mods, please lock and delete.

short stack
Image Image Image

GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

short stack wrote:You cant be serious about starting a thread like this on the same day that people are getting banned for not talking about metals on this forum

short stack

WTF are you talking about? Too much beer? You wanna act like one now?
I do accept free gold

Agphillic

Postby Agphillic » Sun Mar 20, 2011

ss, still kicking azz on the treadmill?

short stack wrote:You cant be serious about starting a thread like this on the same day that people are getting banned for not talking about metals on this forum

short stack

short stack

Postby short stack » Sun Mar 20, 2011

Act like one what?

Am I going to get banned also?

short stack
Image Image Image

GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

short stack wrote:Act like one what?

Am I going to get banned also?

short stack

No you are not dude...damn chill out :D
I do accept free gold

GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

kensho52 wrote:
goldgoldandgold wrote:

Excellent thread.....

George, Edward, or Elizabeth? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Definitely not Elizabeth :lol:
I do accept free gold

metal head

Postby metal head » Sun Mar 20, 2011

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.

Just trying to see if others can offer any help or suggestions in this topic. I have had some success with a few sups and would love to get input from others that have had success. I love the Jack 3D from USP labs. It is a pre workout powder that gives you pretty much instant stamina, concentration, and endurance. Highly recommended. Plus at less than $1 per serving who can beat it?

Thanks 3g's, I'm still wait'n for those beers! :D
ImageImage

Silversnake

Postby Silversnake » Mon Mar 21, 2011

metal head wrote:Just trying to see if others can offer any help or suggestions in this topic. I have had some success with a few sups and would love to get input from others that have had success. I love the Jack 3D from USP labs. It is a pre workout powder that gives you pretty much instant stamina, concentration, and endurance. Highly recommended. Plus at less than $1 per serving who can beat it?

Yes, but how does it taste? I've tried a few protein powders/nutritional supplements at the suggestion of my trainer over the past year and I've found all of them to rank somewhere between drinking ground up chalk in water and eating my own running shoes. It may be great nutrition, but if you can't bring yourself to eat it or keep it down, it does no good. So far, all I've found is Cliff Bars and one type of protein bar (can't remember name at the moment) that were at all palatable. I'm also curious to know about others' experiences.

I'm a heavier guy with a desk job working on losing the spare tire that's inflated around my middle over the past few years. So far, what has worked best for me has been a personal trainer (Fitness Together) because it gives me an appointment I have to keep (can't just blow off the gym if I feel tired) and someone to push me beyond where I'd go normally while making sure I don't do anything wrong. Between that and actually listening to my dietitian about some diet changes, I've lost 30 pounds, 10% body fat, and 3 inches around my waist in just under a year and I've gotten back a hell of a lot of stamina and strength.

metal head

Postby metal head » Mon Mar 21, 2011

Thats a great success story SS, keep up the good work. As far as Jack 3D goes, there are 3 flavors; lemon lime, grape bubble gum :roll: and fruit punch I think. I tried the grape and lemon lime and prefer the lemon lime. The great thing about this product is the scoop is very very small. They call it a micro scoop. It also doesn't take much water to mix it will, just a few ounces. 45 servings for about $35. Always DODD and talk with your physician before trying these type of products. :ugeek:
ImageImage

Texasherb

Postby Texasherb » Mon Mar 21, 2011

Ater hurting myself for years practicing various martial arts,eventually injuring both knees(one rplacement -more due to Football),both shoulders and my back i gained some weight when i stopped excersing. My wife started to reeducate me as to eating vegatables , fish, chicken and minor portion control. I ended up losing 50 lns without really noticing i was dieting at all. I continue to stretch daily, and only used light weights. I am almost 61 and boy i wish i was raised differently than growing up primarily eating steak , potatoes ,and gravies! I feel great, all by blood values are normal, blood pressure is 115 over 65 and i am off high blood pressure meds. I take vitamins ,NI, folic acid and a few other supplements. I know a lot of the younger members will wonder why it took so long for me to realize this . However, i grew up thinking and learning a certain way to eat and what food meant to me. I have learned a lot over the past few years/or at least implemented the program slowly and was shocked by the results. However, i had to learn to accept little steps and not expect to loose 30 lbs in a month.I am happy to see how many youger members accept nutrition as a way of life. They are a lot smarter than i was when i was their age. My hat is off to them.
Respectfully, Herb :D

II DALTON II

Postby II DALTON II » Mon Mar 21, 2011

I used to do weights and play football/soccer once a week. Unfortunately I cant anymore since my attack. Once I am fully healed though i wanna jump back on the horse and get in shape.
Sometimes Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Mon Mar 21, 2011

I have been a big boy all my life. Over 300 for the last 10 years. Last 3 years 320-335. I made a decision last year to buckle down and try to get back under 300. As a plant manager I spend a lot of time in an office and I knew I had to get more active. I grew up under the rule of clean your plate and eating till I was full and most of the time over eating. May of 2010 I weighed 320 and started my transformation with a goal of 300. I started spending more time on the plant floor by delegating some of my work to the girls in the office. I cut out my 4 favorite food groups. Icecream, chips and snack crackers,fried food and anything after 7:oo PM. I also started drinking 6-8 bottles of water a day. I started eating a lot of the Green Giant frozen veggies and also a lot of subway sammiches along with oatmeal every morning. I never ate breakfast never.

In short I made a lifestyle change. I tried every diet fad that came down the pike and thought I could just take the newest pill on the market and still eat whatever I wanted to. It all adds up to a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. The body is an amazing machine and reacts to what is put into it. After making these changes I was soon at my goal of 300 and with very little effort. I continued this regiment because after about 6 weeks it started to become a part of my life and pounds were just melting off. Most weeks I was dropping 3-5 pounds. Long story short I lost 80 yes 80 pounds in 6 months. It is the best thing to happen to me since the birth of my daughter. I feel like a million bucks. My knees no longer ache. Went from a 4X to a XL and my Harley runs better with 80 less pounds on it.
I think it is all about choices for me. I tried all the fads for many years but it all comes down to me and the choices I have made to be healthy. I have maintained 245 for the winter. We all tend to add a few pounds durring the winter and my goal was to not get over 250. I plan to do the same thing this summer. My goal is 200 by Labor day and I fell like I can get there. I don't take any drugs I am not on any weight loss programs. Just a major lifestyle change that has worked for me. My doctor is amazed and says I am quite healthy for 52 and to keep up the good work.

Mr Ed
Vision without execution is hallucination

Silvertongue

Postby Silvertongue » Mon Mar 21, 2011

I was diagnosed with type II diabetes just a few weeks back. I'm very happy with the diet my clinic has provided. I eat a good variety of good foods. My blood sugar is under control already and I'm down 23 pounds.

The diet focuses on the glycemic index rather than on calories, carbs v. proteins, etc. It's a simple list that outlines:
Use more of these
Limit these
Avoid these.

I'd be happy to scan it and send it to anyone interested. Just let me know.

metal head

Postby metal head » Mon Mar 21, 2011

WOW fantastic success stories!! Congratulations to you all that battled the bulge and are winning the fight. It ALWAYS comes down to diet and exercise, but I think the biggest is diet. I find it easy to get in the gym and throw weights around but the dieting requires the hardest dedication and commitment. Most of us have had the same bad habits our whole lives and it is very hard to break. It is NEVER too old to start, 50's 60's 70's 80's etc. I saw a story on CNN about a 75 year old woman that looked 25. No kidding, she was ripped!! Keep up the good work and success stories, it is an encouragement to everyone!!

BTW, as far as the protein bars go, I like the Cliff Builders bars too!! Good protein, taste and low cal, and $1.25.
ImageImage

oswarped

Postby oswarped » Mon Mar 21, 2011

I can relate! :) at 58 I have about 20 lbs more than I care to have hanging around. I know that the best way to to get to where I should be is to tape my elbows so that I can't bend them!
But for the time being I am still getting over two surgeries on my shoulders (torn roatator cuffs) muscles have atrophied after 10yrs of no use. I know this does not prevent me from walking but the winters here do, can't do much walking on ice after three falls and one that tore a knee (minicus) since repaired.
I am looking once again into taking HGH has anyone any info on dosage? Several yrs ago I took some for about a month (derived) from cattle if I remember correctly. I ended up with a bald spot on my head not a hair would grow in it for several months after I quit the HGH. I have no clue if it was related asked doctors and they had no info for me.

So does anyone take or know of HGH?

j-son

Postby j-son » Mon Mar 21, 2011

I unintentionallly changed my diet to be gluten free for 2 out of 3 meals per day...
As a side effect I dropped a few pounds and my heart burn that I have had for
10 years went away in about a weeks time.

Now I can have pizza at night and not need a zantac mid slice.

BigBamboula
Gold Supporter

Postby BigBamboula » Mon Mar 21, 2011

j-son wrote: Now I can have pizza at night and not need a zantac mid slice.

Pizza is the arch nemesis of dieters, "the fruit that chokes is sweet." :twisted:
"As sure as God made black and white,
what's done in the dark will be brought to the light."

Return to “Burgers and Beers”