Who pays for Cable/Satellite Yet Because....

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Schwartzy
Gold Supporter

Re: Who pays for Cable/Satellite Yet Because....

Postby Schwartzy » Wed Sep 26, 2018

This isn't the place for me anymore.
:duck: LOOKING FOR YPS # "20" (YP SCHWARTZY)

apistogramma

Postby apistogramma » Wed Sep 26, 2018

flyingboujanero wrote:
Schwartzy wrote:
flyingboujanero wrote:
Schwartzy wrote:
lucky43113 wrote:
Schwartzy wrote:
natsb88 wrote:
Schwartzy wrote:
flyingboujanero wrote:
jcz1 wrote:
smackvay wrote:Who or where does one get red zone?

Your cable company should have it, I think Direct TV as well. Not sure if you can get it without cable.

guys- i've got some codes for Red Zone for sale in the trading post. regular price is $100. I've got them for less than half that. They are legit codes. They are given to season ticket holders.

Also have Gamepass codes

Ok, let me get this straight.... I offered a free service to members and got razzed about it but you're selling 1/20th of what I offered for $50.00? Am I reading this right.

You think selling a genuine, legally obtained, not previously used access code to a legitimate commercial content service is the same as soliciting a collection of unauthorized third-party streams of copyrighted content behind a sketchy $10 paywall? :lol: :lol: :lol:

A legally obtained access code from someone else for their Tv? Is that what you mean by that? It makes it legal to spread the access codes because it was paid for by someone else? HOW CONVEINENT BUDDY. How about you delete the fricken post so I don't have to watch you run your mouth nats.

The codes that he is selling were at some point paid for in full so the tv company got paid you device is theft no one got paid so quit string up trouble and move on

I'm not stirring trouble. When you order a package that was paid for by THAT customer does not make it legal to sell the other 4 devices. I wanted this stupid post removed and didn't comment for 2 days and someone here solicited off my post. I did nothing wrong or I would have been talked to by an administrator. So go ahead and justify why it's legal to sell a device connection that some other person you don't know paid for THEIR home.
I'm done.

You're missing the point. well actually a lot of them. I am a season ticket holder for multiple NFL teams. As a perk, I get a UNIQUE code for REDZONE and another for GAMEPASS. These are both legitimate products that the NFL sells. As such- I cannot use MULTIPLE codes. So I'm selling the excess. What are you so troubled about? This is nothing compared to your questionable "watching a live stream, so not piracy" recommendation. I don't need to justify the legailty of selling a device connection. That is your foray.

I made a mistake- posting in your flame war of a thread. That was my only mistake. But there is nothing shady about what I am selling. No "grey" area, as you so happily admit you are dealing in.

Cliffs Notes:
I personally paid for Season tickets for NFL teams
I get a unique code for REDZONE and GAMEPASS
I'm selling the unique codes- how is this different than selling the tickets?

Because you are making money off the nfl. That's why. Read your agreements! There's 3 more pages. Go read your contract. You can't sell NFL content sold to you bro. You don't own that content. The nfl does.

I'm not your bro, guy.

There is not a single term in what you posted that is relatable. I'm not selling copywritable product. I'm selling a access code to redzone or gamepass. The T&C you posted aren't that. Also- All NFL games are NFL content. Yet millions of tickets are resold every year. That seems a contradiction. Give me a link to "read" not some screenshots that I cannot reference. But nothing talkings about the express inability to sell a unique code to either gamepass or redzone. Are you going to keep grasping for something to justify your own immoral and questionably legal jailbroken fire stick?.

post me a link to read if you want. but as my wife always says "insanity doesn't make sense".

It seems to me everyone is crying like little girls to what is right or wrong(legal or illegal) is it ok for stubhub or vivid seats or whatever other resaler to sell tickets at $$$$$$ cause they have a license to do so,but if i bought 100 tickets to a show and sold them out front(scalping) is it wrong or illegal cause i dont have a license for da government to make paper,if my friend has Internet service next door and i split da cable to my apt. is it wrong (or illegal) when they say i could and provide me with the splitter (to catch me,set up) i have firestick(not jailbroken) and subscribe to a service and if their doing anything wrong thats on them,theres all kind of iptv out there(legal or not)and after doing research you still dont know what is right...

and frankly i dont care what anyone says or thinks bout me

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Thu Sep 27, 2018

I see all the above and feel quite validated as to why

I am, and faithfully remain . . . UNPLUGGED!
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

Double3
Gold Supporter

Postby Double3 » Thu Sep 27, 2018

justoneguy wrote:
Double3 wrote:Ok I dunno what is going on but I want to know how to do this.

We have had a firestick for a while and never figured out how to watch everything as I hear people talking about.

Google is your friend,
try keywords firestick and kodi
you should be able to find step by step with screenshots.

I have Kodi.

Able to watch movies which we never do. Being able to watch whatever like live TV is what I'd like to figure out. Did some research a while back but it never got me anywhere.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Sep 27, 2018

Brick's wrote:I see all the above and feel quite validated as to why

I am, and faithfully remain . . . UNPLUGGED!

I didnt realize there was so much serious TV watching going on. Where do they find the time?
ImageImageImage

Rodebaugh
Jester

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 27, 2018

For the South Park fans.

flyingboujanero wrote:
I'm not your bro, guy.

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Thu Sep 27, 2018

Schwartzy wrote:
natsb88 wrote:
Schwartzy wrote:
flyingboujanero wrote:
jcz1 wrote:
smackvay wrote:Who or where does one get red zone?

Your cable company should have it, I think Direct TV as well. Not sure if you can get it without cable.

guys- i've got some codes for Red Zone for sale in the trading post. regular price is $100. I've got them for less than half that. They are legit codes. They are given to season ticket holders.

Also have Gamepass codes

Ok, let me get this straight.... I offered a free service to members and got razzed about it but you're selling 1/20th of what I offered for $50.00? Am I reading this right.

You think selling a genuine, legally obtained, not previously used access code to a legitimate commercial content service is the same as soliciting a collection of unauthorized third-party streams of copyrighted content behind a sketchy $10 paywall? :lol: :lol: :lol:

A legally obtained access code from someone else for their Tv? Is that what you mean by that? It makes it legal to spread the access codes because it was paid for by someone else? HOW CONVEINENT BUDDY. How about you delete the fricken post so I don't have to watch you run your mouth nats.

Transferring a legally obtained, previously unused, single-use access code for a commercial content service from one individual to another isn't anything even close to maintaining a streaming platform that facilitates hundreds (or thousands?) of unauthorized copyright violating streams of third party content and charging for it. That is like comparing buying an authentic DVD from a store and then selling that DVD to somebody else, versus buying a DVD from a store, making thousands of copies, and selling those copies to thousands of other people. Or being given a free movie ticket and selling it to somebody else, versus making dozens of copies of the movie ticket and selling (or giving) them to other people. Or, maybe more accurate for this situation, sitting in the theater and using your phone to livestream the movie on YouTube. Surely you can see the glaring differences here.

There could be a clause in the NFL terms prohibiting the transfer of the access codes, I dunno. The price and "selling 1/20th of what I offered" is irrelevant (though you have been inconsistent in your solicitation, claiming both $10/month and selling something, but also providing a free service). It's also not "spreading access codes" because the seller isn't sharing a single code with multiple buyers, he is transferring total control of one unique access code to one buyer. It's not a code "for their Tv," it's a code that allows an individual to access the content from whatever supported device(s) they wish. And yes, the fact that the code "was paid for," not used, and transferred in full to only one other person, makes it much different from what you are peddling. Legality and morality are not always exactly the same.

I actually laughed out loud when I read your reply, which doesn't happen very often. I'm not sure if you fully understand what you are promoting and just wrote an over-the-top response for kicks and grins (light trolling?), were actually trying to come off as clever and intelligent to convince people to partake in your offering, or if you just genuinely don't comprehend the issue here and are in way over your head with the "Help/Support the links for around 100 accounts" you are doing. (Not something I recommend bragging about in an open forum, BTW)

In any case, the silver lining of a thread like this is that it reveals a lot about participants' character, what they see as moral, how they conduct themselves among peers, and how they handle disagreements. These characteristics aren't always evident in feedback profiles. It provides other members, whether they participate in the conversation or not, an opportunity to observe and make mental notes.

Schwartzy
Gold Supporter

Postby Schwartzy » Thu Sep 27, 2018

I'll refrain from reading and engaging in any more drama. Have a great day.
:duck: LOOKING FOR YPS # "20" (YP SCHWARTZY)

Turtle
Silver Supporter

Postby Turtle » Sat Sep 29, 2018

lucky43113 wrote:i have the lowest Directv bill in the history of the company 99 cents a month plus tax

:o :shock: :o

HOW?!
:turtle:

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Sat Sep 29, 2018

Turtle wrote:
lucky43113 wrote:i have the lowest Directv bill in the history of the company 99 cents a month plus tax

HOW?!

I called them and said I want to cancel my contract with out paying the high termination fee. They put me at basic package 1 tv and then applied every discount the company had it took 2 hrs for all discounts to apply. The guy said I dont know how many will actually apply but lets try them all after it was all done my bill was 99 cents plus he gave me a 13 dollar credit on top of that. In November I have to call back and re apply the promotion for 1 more year than my contract is over. I went from 125 a month to 99cents :P
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

Turtle
Silver Supporter

Postby Turtle » Sat Sep 29, 2018

lucky43113 wrote:
Turtle wrote:

HOW?!

I called them and said I want to cancel my contract with out paying the high termination fee. They put me at basic package 1 tv and then applied every discount the company had it took 2 hrs for all discounts to apply. The guy said I dont know how many will actually apply but lets try them all after it was all done my bill was 99 cents plus he gave me a 13 dollar credit on top of that. In November I have to call back and re apply the promotion for 1 more year than my contract is over. I went from 125 a month to 99cents :P

Holy crap I have to tell my mom that. Even to get half of that would be amazing.

I had a bunch of crap with Comcast and got the intro rate back, and locked it in with a 2 year contract. Thats coming due in a few months, so ill have to redo it.
:turtle:

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Sat Sep 29, 2018

Turtle wrote:
lucky43113 wrote:
Turtle wrote:

HOW?!

Holy crap I have to tell my mom that. Even to get half of that would be amazing.

I had a bunch of crap with Comcast and got the intro rate back, and locked it in with a 2 year contract. Thats coming due in a few months, so ill have to redo it.

you never know till you ask
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

everything

Postby everything » Sun Oct 07, 2018

This has been a great thread, great dialogue. Above & Beyond, their are folks doing peer to peer connections and shifty hacks to get content we never thought imaginable. Some I know just started creating essentially their own version of netflix by growing digital movie collections. Here is a site where we can all learn some things. Like all websites they do advertise stuff, but that's just the way it is, it's still educational.
https://www.groundedreason.com/

Here is one that covers how you can record OTA (over the air) to catch your favorite shows or sports when your not available to see them, I think one of these devices is in my future.
https://www.groundedreason.com/watch-lo ... out-cable/

Return to “Burgers and Beers”