Who pays for Cable/Satellite Yet Because....

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Schwartzy
Gold Supporter

Re: Who pays for Cable/Satellite Yet Because....

Postby Schwartzy » Fri Sep 21, 2018

silverhoarder3 wrote:
Schwartzy wrote:I wasn't peddling or trying to sell anything. They are sold at bestbuy and my word and entegrity is just fine here but I respect your opinion so delete everything.

Yes, Firesticks are sold at BestBuy, but to be jail broken is not a legal activity.

Check your facts before you state them. They are not illegal.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-09-21-16-17-36.png
Screenshot_2018-09-21-16-17-36.png (194.9 KiB) Viewed 431 times
:duck: LOOKING FOR YPS # "20" (YP SCHWARTZY)

Schwartzy
Gold Supporter

If you do not download it or record it, it's not illegal. I invite you to look everything up before my integrity is doubted because I offered to help somebody. You all think because your viewing a live TV channel, it must be illegal right? Please look up your facts. If you feel the need to delete this, I'll walk away knowing my integrity and intent was nothing short of just trying to help someone save money.

Recluse
Gold Supporter

Postby Recluse » Fri Sep 21, 2018

:?
Last edited by Recluse on Mon Sep 24, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

silverhoarder3
Gold Supporter

Postby silverhoarder3 » Fri Sep 21, 2018

I’m not questioning your integrity. The point of this thread is to show others how to gain access to content without paying for it, correct? Why would someone get a stick jail broken, if not to utilize the content once it is, correct? If it’s not illegal to jail break, then is using the content once it is?
ImageImageImage

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Fri Sep 21, 2018

Being on the receiving end of unauthorized copyrighted streaming content is sort of skirting pirating laws for the moment. They haven't kept up with technology and it has left a bit of a gray area. The people doing the streaming are most certainly in the wrong and eventually the people connecting to those streams will be under more scrutiny as well. I personally wouldn't want to insert myself into any part of that equation.

Schwartzy
Gold Supporter

Correct. There is a grey area. But..... It is "NOT ILLEGAL" to view a live stream feed from a 3rd party. I'm sorry if I ticked anyone off. My apologies.

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Fri Sep 21, 2018

Facts:
It is illegal, but not currently enforced. Think Napster in the 90s. It is NOT illegal to sell a jail broken Firestick. It is illegal if you choose to use it to view copyrighted material for free or near it. Just like selling a computer with Napster on it was never illegal. However once you use that computer to download music for free you are breaking the law. Enforcement is another story...

Schwartzy
Gold Supporter

One thing I know.... This forum has taught me something that I have struggled with my whole life. Debatable situations without personal attacks. I have struggled my whole life how to be respectful and stern at the same time when I have a strong belief about something. This forum teaches me to watch my anger. It's ok to agree/disagree with individuals. It's the things that get typed or fly outta the mouth. This forum has helped me in my life struggles. Thank You BS!

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:What is Red Zone?
I wasnt aware that Hawaii 5-0 was on tv again

H-5-0 has been on for a few years. Magnum PI is coming back this season, along with Murphy Brown and other reboots. Everything old is new again.

Red Zone is awesome, for those who still watch the NFL, or at least participate in the various pools here or elsewhere. They show live game action whenever a team gets inside the 20 (this the name), switching between games if needed. They always show some sort of game action, if any is going on even when no team is inside the 20.

They also show every touchdown from every game (not all live of course), and every great catch or major-player injury. They show close games at the end of regulation ("fantastic finishes" they like to call them). It's basically like having access to every game telecast, with someone making sure you don't miss the cool stuff.

It used to be completely commercial free, except for the typical "sponsored by" things like stats, etc. This year they've started to find other ways to do ads, like part of the screen having a logo for something for 30 seconds or so. It costs me $40 a year, easily worth it to me. :thumbup:

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Sep 21, 2018

jcz1 wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:What is Red Zone?
I wasnt aware that Hawaii 5-0 was on tv again

Red Zone is awesome, for those who still watch the NFL, or at least participate in the various pools here or elsewhere. They show live game action whenever a team gets inside the 20 (this the name), switching between games if needed. They always show some sort of game action, if any is going on even when no team is inside the 20.

They also show every touchdown from every game (not all live of course), and every great catch or major-player injury. They show close games at the end of regulation ("fantastic finishes" they like to call them). It's basically like having access to every game telecast, with someone making sure you don't miss the cool stuff.

I saw that Magnum was coming back but how can they top the original?
The Red zone thing sounds pretty cool, i had no idea this was on TV. I have been missing out :|
ImageImageImage

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Fri Sep 21, 2018

Who or where does one get red zone?
Help support bullionstacker by becoming a supporting member!!!
pm me for details or click on the support Bullionstacker button to the left
WVU Fan, just ask and I will tell you!!!!!

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Fri Sep 21, 2018

I not proudly pay for cable tv. I am on a 2 year contract that isn't as bad with my current provider ((Cox) as it was with my prior (AT&T), but it cost too much and only watch about 20 channels out of 1000.
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018

smackvay wrote:Who or where does one get red zone?

Your cable company should have it, I think Direct TV as well. Not sure if you can get it without cable.

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Fri Sep 21, 2018

If I could get a reliable internet provider I would drop cable in a heartbeat. Only problem is the neighborhood I live in only does business with one cable/internet provider, and the homeowner association won't change it. They had a vote, but most of the people in my small neighborhood don't really care if they are over paying for something and don't send in votes when needed. They will pay thousands of dollars to resurface the tennis court that nobody uses, but we don't get options on our cable/internet services. If you have an option don't get WOW! cable.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

snappy
Silver Supporter

Postby snappy » Fri Sep 21, 2018

Schwartzy wrote:One thing I know.... This forum has taught me something that I have struggled with my whole life. Debatable situations without personal attacks. I have struggled my whole life how to be respectful and stern at the same time when I have a strong belief about something. This forum teaches me to watch my anger. It's ok to agree/disagree with individuals. It's the things that get typed or fly outta the mouth. This forum has helped me in my life struggles. Thank You BS!

:thumbup: That is awesome, I work on that too. 8-) :duck: 8-)

MileHighSilver
Turtle Supporter

Postby MileHighSilver » Fri Sep 21, 2018

silverhoarder3 wrote:Um, I believe we’ve had issues with threads like these in the past (and thus have been locked) due to the fact it’s promoting illegal activity.

This...

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Fri Sep 21, 2018

I still have Dish satellite. The bill is lumped in with my data land line bill. It's not too awful expensive,
I also have netflix and Amz Prime. I use the Roku stick and also have a roku tv.
I am completely legal and have way too many channels for about $100. per month. :sold:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Sat Sep 22, 2018

Did I break the law? I guess I did?

I used to pay $100+ per month for satellite and the only thing I ever cared about was watching St. Louis Cardinals baseball games. To get the Cardinals' Fox Sports channel I had to buy the premium package. I bought a new house and decided to go with highest speed fiber optic instead of paying for TV. I found a reddit site with links to game live streams ... home or away broadcasts ... take your pick ... and a dozen (or so) options to chose from for each. I have been watching games for free after I was told I needed to be subscribed to a cable or satellite provider before I could even pay them to watch games with them. And even then, in-market games would be blacked out.

I might have broken some law, but I don't feel too bad. If they wanted to crack down, I'm sure they would start with the plethora of providers. Here's the link to my choices for tonight's game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/com ... 800_pm_et/
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Image Image Image

Bham
Gold Supporter

Postby Bham » Sat Sep 22, 2018

I hated AT&T and don’t think much of Charter - my two options. I went with Charter for Internet only and subscribed to Sling and added their sports package. I get all the sports channels, Red Zone, and plenty of movies etc. Purchased cheap antennas ($10-15) for local programming and a Roku on each TV. The programming question was between Sling, Hulu TV and YouTubeTV. Chose channel selection/price of Sling but may change in the future unless they add Fox News :? . As far as movie channels, subscribe to Netflix- son #1 subscribes to Hulu - son#2 subscribes to Amazon Prime...and we share. Total cost for me around $110 for high speed internet (that underperforms but still good enough) and just about every channel available. I subscribe to MLB network but don’t include that as I’ve been a customer for years....yes, a die hard Cardinals fan! Definitely like Schwartzys plan and after I research the legality might pursue. This bull$#17 will soon consolidate itself. All the major players are scrambling for customers and until they realize the tipping point where consumers say “enough” prices won’t recede to affordable levels. But that Schwartzy idea is intriguing. Cheers!
ImageImageImage

Brucifer
Silver Supporter

Postby Brucifer » Sat Sep 22, 2018

lucky43113 wrote: .....I sure will never watch NFL

Gigantic +1 on that thought!
Last edited by Brucifer on Sat Sep 22, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”