smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
iratebob
Platinum Supporter

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby iratebob » Thu Jan 31, 2019

California proposes slashing pot taxes to help regulated industry compete with black market

Who would of thought adding the cost of a store front, insurance, labor, taxes and regulatory burdens to marijuana sales would make it less competitive vs the guy selling on the street corner. SMH

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Thu Jan 31, 2019

Just from my own view it seems the market has lost the craze from the beginning of the legalization and I am sure there are more producers trying to get some of that cash.

I got to this view just from what I have seen in the shops. They seem less busy (no more lines) and have a lot more product available.

They used to run low/out of may items and that's just not the case now. I also have lost some of the initial hype feeling.
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Jan 31, 2019

On TV I keep seeing these random customers in the shops handling and/or putting the buds up to their noses and taking a Whiff of Jif Can you imagine what all is on those buds? :sick:
If it was me, I think i would rather deal directly with the growers than any shop
ImageImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Thu Jan 31, 2019

I imagine if you knew the right people it could be done, as it was done in the past. But people want convenience now days and can just go to the corner store. More or less.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Feb 01, 2019

Brick's wrote:I imagine if you knew the right people it could be done, as it was done in the past. But people want convenience now days and can just go to the corner store. More or less.

True dat.
In days past people would joke that in the future they would able to go to the corner store for a J or a pack of jays
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Feb 01, 2019

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/healt ... ok&fbclid=

health study-shows-legal-access-to-marijuana-reduces-opioid-overdoses
ImageImageImage

iron-pyrite

Postby iron-pyrite » Tue Feb 05, 2019

Purple and Gold wrote:
Brick's wrote:I imagine if you knew the right people it could be done, as it was done in the past. But people want convenience now days and can just go to the corner store. More or less.

True dat.
In days past people would joke that in the future they would able to go to the corner store for a J or a pack of jays

Hear Hear. Going to the store to get a pack of J's or similar has been a dream of mine for decads. Now that they actully have them I do prefer the store over unknown buds. I like the quality of store bought, lab tested and labled.
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Feb 19, 2019

This year's Oscars swag bags include cannabis chocolates

Every year the top Oscar nominees receive swag bags that have included gifts from luxury holidays to sweat-absorbing patches, worth upwards of $100,000.

This year, they can calm their nerves ahead of the awards on Sunday with a range of cannabis-infused products that will be included in the goody bags. Chocolates infused with 10mg tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the part of the cannabis plant that creates a high, will be sent to nominees including Glenn Close, Regina King, Mahershala Ali and Melissa McCarthy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/18/this-ye ... lates.html
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Thu Feb 28, 2019

Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana nationwide, with support from fellow 2020 candidates

Sen. Cory Booker introduced a bill on Thursday to legalize marijuana nationwide as he mounts his 2020 presidential campaign.

Co-sponsors include fellow 2020 contenders Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand.

The bill comes as increasing numbers of states are legalizing marijuana on the local level and public opinion has shifted in favor of legalization.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/cory-bo ... nwide.html

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Thu Feb 28, 2019

As long as it provides the ability for small farms and personal users to grow for themselves, I say go for it.
The newer "legalization" measures I have seen are "tax and regulate" not "legalization" per se.
Zelle, square cash, PPFF if we have to. Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks.
Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Thu Feb 28, 2019

Silverkid wrote:As long as it provides the ability for small farms and personal users to grow for themselves, I say go for it.
The newer "legalization" measures I have seen are "tax and regulate" not "legalization" per se.

Agreed, and well said.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

iron-pyrite

Postby iron-pyrite » Thu Feb 28, 2019

Brick's wrote:
Silverkid wrote:As long as it provides the ability for small farms and personal users to grow for themselves, I say go for it.

Agreed, and well said.

+1
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Mar 01, 2019

Martha Stewart had some help on her CBD deal with weed grower Canopy: Snoop Dogg

Snoop Dogg connected weed company Canopy with Martha Stewart on her new CBD deal.

Stewart is advising Canopy on creating a line of CBD products for both people and their pets.

Snoop has partnered with Canopy on a line of pot products since 2016.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/01/martha- ... -dogg.html

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Fri Mar 01, 2019

FIGURE IT OUT.jpg
FIGURE IT OUT.jpg (108.05 KiB) Viewed 530 times
I'm clearly not very bright.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Mar 09, 2019

Which States Have The Highest Taxes On Marijuana?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- ... -marijuana

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Mar 16, 2019

Former Speaker John Boehner on weed legalization: It's time for Washington to 'get out of the way'

The "market is going to expand. And as it does, lawmakers in Washington have to look up and realize that the federal government is way out of step," former House Speaker John Boehner says.

Since leaving politics in 2015, the former Republican leader has been on the board of Acreage Holdings, a publicly traded cannabis company based in New York.

Acreage CEO Kevin Murphy says he's optimistic Congress will delegate marijuana lawmaking to the states.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/15/former- ... orYou=true

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Mar 16, 2019

Marijuana is over-priced and over-rated. It is harsh to smoke - I've never tried the edibles.

Take a couple of 10 mg Valiums instead, when you need to relax. It works better, is legal in all 50 states, and is much less costly.

Yes, it is an addictive product - use it wisely.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.
Bitcoin: 1QC9tcPcA5R82CHr61BrkPgdh4fVmcCsgd

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Mar 25, 2019

Bingo and bongs: More seniors seek pot for age-related aches

The group of white-haired folks — some pushing walkers, others using canes — arrive right on time at the gates of Laguna Woods Village, an upscale retirement community in the picturesque hills that frame this Southern California suburb a few miles from Disneyland.

There they board a bus for a quick trip to a building that, save for the green Red Cross-style sign in the window, resembles a trendy coffee bar. The people, mostly in their 70s and 80s, pass the next several hours enjoying a light lunch, playing a few games of bingo and selecting their next month’s supply of cannabis-infused products.

“It’s like the ultimate senior experience,” laughs 76-year-old retired beauty products distributor Ron Atkin as he sits down to watch the bingo at the back of the Bud and Bloom marijuana dispensary in Santa Ana.

https://www.apnews.com/5374f36871fd4ed68a0d873a323129b7

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Apr 12, 2019

Drug Tests Show Marijuana Use at 14-Year High Among Workers

The number of workers and job applicants who tested positive for marijuana climbed 10% last year to 2.3%, according to an analysis of 10 million urine, saliva and hair samples by Quest Diagnostics Inc.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/drug-tests ... 1554975001

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Apr 19, 2019

Legal Weed In Canada Struggles To Compete With Black Market

Industry experts believe the illicit cannabis market will continue to expand by offering affordable weed to all.

"As long as that price differential exists, there will likely be a black market – because people will go to where they can get a deal," Rosalie Wynoch, a policy analyst at the CD Howe Institute, a conservative think tank, told the Guardian. "The government was aware that it wouldn't fully displace the black market on day one."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04- ... ack-market

Return to “Burgers and Beers”