How far off from $250 per eye .....

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.

How much will the per eye quote be (over $250 radio ad) ??

Poll ended at Wed May 02, 2018

1.... $10 more
No votes
$25+
4%
$50+
No votes
$100+
4%
$200+
8%
$300+
4%
$400+
4%
$500+
15%
$750+
15%
$1000+
27%
John's quote will be more than $1500 per eye
19%

Total votes: 26

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Re: How far off from $250 per eye .....

Postby BarsandStars » Tue May 01, 2018

silverhead wrote:
twoten01 wrote:how bad are your eyes? my eyes are around 20/200 and its a lot more then 250 an eye from them.

Isn't 20/200 technically legally blind?

My guess about triple the $250

Nope. Legally blind cannot be corrected. At least that's what my eye doc told me when I asked. I think i'm 20/800 without contact lenses. I swear having contacts made my vision worse somehow. I really should look into this. My brother and sister both had it done without issue.
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Tue May 01, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:
silverhead wrote:
twoten01 wrote:how bad are your eyes? my eyes are around 20/200 and its a lot more then 250 an eye from them.

Isn't 20/200 technically legally blind?

My guess about triple the $250

Nope. Legally blind cannot be corrected. At least that's what my eye doc told me when I asked. I think i'm 20/800 without contact lenses. I swear having contacts made my vision worse somehow. I really should look into this. My brother and sister both had it done without issue.

Not a bad idea, my kid has 20/200 in her right eye, blind as a bat without correction 8-)
I just had to cough up an extra $80 Friday to pay for her annual contact lens exam...
ImageImageImage

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Tue May 01, 2018

Haha
I turned down about the same price when I had insurance and it would have mostly been paid for years ago.
Really not liking the whole 'flap' thing, rub my eyes quite a bit during allergy season and have heard they stay kinda not rejoined for up to 5 years.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Tue May 01, 2018

iron-pyrite wrote:Maybe you can get the 250 one anyway? Tell them to just do that and you will see how it goes?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Tue May 01, 2018

cmiller17363 wrote:
iron-pyrite wrote:Maybe you can get the 250 one anyway? Tell them to just do that and you will see how it goes?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm thinking it's just an upsell. Right? Like synthetic or synthetic blend motor oil. Or specific pain relievers design for your knees your back your head or your feet. They all have the same ingredient just tell him to take the laser to the eye!! But just one eye in case I'm wrong!!
ImageImageImage

talusjumper

Postby talusjumper » Tue May 01, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:Haha
I turned down about the same price when I had insurance and it would have mostly been paid for years ago.
Really not liking the whole 'flap' thing, rub my eyes quite a bit during allergy season and have heard they stay kinda not rejoined for up to 5 years.

My wife and I both had it done about 10 years ago- we still talk about how it was one of the best money we spent on ourselves (I think it was $4500 or so for each of us back then).

I know the whole flap thing is worrisome, but it really isn't that bad. Our doctor told us it would be mostly healed within a few days (I can't remember the numbers) but 99% after a year. I only remember a little irritation in my eyes for the first day or so, a bit of haloing for a week or so, but the benefits have far surpassed the difficulties. You probably would want to wait until allergy season has subsided (also no swimming for a while).

At the end of the day, it's a risk and reward thing- keep getting corrective lenses/ exams for the rest of your life or take the risk and get the surgery and be done with it. I had one eye that was pretty bad and couldn't see much without glasses or contacts and have been 20/20 since then (I am over 50 so cheaters are needed for reading but I don't mind that). For us, no regrets! :thumbup:

AuAgJohn
Gold Supporter

Postby AuAgJohn » Tue May 01, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:Really not liking the whole 'flap' thing, rub my eyes quite a bit during allergy season and have heard they stay kinda not rejoined for up to 5 years.

I had glaucoma surgery on my right eye back in 2009 and was told not to rub it anymore. It was a pain at first but I eventually got used to it. I've only rubbed it once in that time span but quickly caught myself, it was one morning just as I was waking up. I just rub the crap out the left one to make up for it. :lol:

recyclersteve

Postby recyclersteve » Wed May 02, 2018

If you let my buddy "Three Fingered Vinnie" do it, he'll do it for EXACTLY $250 per eye. The only problem is that if you have vision problems after the procedure and complain to Vinnie, you might find that you will then have additional problems. :)

Silver Addict
Dunce

Postby Silver Addict » Wed May 02, 2018

If I could pay $2250/eye to not have to wear reading glasses due to getting older, I'd be in there asap.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”