Amazon has albums available that were never released on CD

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
RadioChemist
Platinum Supporter

Amazon has albums available that were never released on CD

Postby RadioChemist » Fri Jan 05, 2018

I'm not a smart man, and most probably already knew that Amazon was doing this...

Years ago, I got into digitizing vinyl albums (old country) that were never released on CD. My standard was that I wanted someone to be able to listen to the end result and not be able to tell that it was a transfer. This was extremely time consuming...

I had just upgraded my equipment in '06 when my father was diagnosed with cancer. He died later that year and I never went back to it...

Tonight, while enjoying some George Dickel and Diet, I did a search on Amazon for old albums that have recently been released on CD. I was using Amazon Unlimited while testing some new headphones and found two that brought back a ton of memories: Bobby Bare's "Drinkin' From the Bottle, Singin' from the Heart" and Atlanta "Pictures". A song on "Pictures", "Blue Side of the Grey", brings back all sorts of good memories from the past. If there's anyone here who knows the song, I'll be really surprised! :D

If you're "of a certain age", check to see if some of your memories are there...
”You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.” - Ayn Rand

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Re: Amazon has albums available that were never released on CD

Postby skylersfriend » Sat Jan 06, 2018

Thanks for the pleasant reminder; I just spent and hour on you tube listening to some great old tunes. :thumbup:
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.” Winston Churchill

The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

Turtle

Re: Amazon has albums available that were never released on CD

Postby Turtle » Tue Jan 09, 2018

Hey! us youngins like the oldies too sometimes!
:turtle: I liked them before it was cool... :evil:

President Donald J Trump 8-)

Return to “Burgers and Beers”