A new chapter

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
dae2dae
Gold Jester

Re: A new chapter

Postby dae2dae » Wed Jun 21, 2017

carssman wrote:Simple solution,, Buy more turtles and retire Mr Ed!

Hopefully your 'Package' is enough to carry you into 'somewhat' early retirement

semi retired :pop:
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Wed Jun 21, 2017

dae2dae wrote:
carssman wrote:Simple solution,, Buy more turtles and retire Mr Ed!

Hopefully your 'Package' is enough to carry you into 'somewhat' early retirement

semi retired :pop:

Ahh yes, the Dorian we all know and love, I would expect nothing less. :lol: :lol:
I do think things will find a way of working themselves out and I will be keeping a keen eye out for those windows that may open. ;)

:turtle:
Vision without execution is hallucination

BigJim#1-8

Postby BigJim#1-8 » Thu Jun 29, 2017

All the best Mr. Ed!!
Hopefully you'll have time to travel to Sevier Cty.
Bitter Clinger, Deplorable, Virulent, Dreg of Society. & Proud of it.

93 OCTANE
War Eagle Supporter

Postby 93 OCTANE » Thu Jun 29, 2017

It's very hard to retire if you aren't prepared to regardless of financial situation. You will probably end up working as a consultant for many years. Embrace whatever change comes your way as you have two things the steel industry desperately needs::: skill and knowledge.
Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid

everything

Postby everything » Thu Jun 29, 2017

Do what you want, think about what you want, don't stress about it though. Change is inevitable, retirement is pretty awesome.

Operadad

Postby Operadad » Sat Jul 01, 2017

well mr ed... a new chapter... maybe...
about a year and a half ago, my company lost a contract - and decided my services were no longer needed as of a certain date.
my office was in a building that we did not own.
a couple of days before "that" date the office where i was working decided they wanted me... so i left one company on friday - started with the other on monday --
same building, same work, same desk, and a raise..... may your path be blessed as mine was.

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Sat Jul 01, 2017

Operadad wrote:well mr ed... a new chapter... maybe...
about a year and a half ago, my company lost a contract - and decided my services were no longer needed as of a certain date.
my office was in a building that we did not own.
a couple of days before "that" date the office where i was working decided they wanted me... so i left one company on friday - started with the other on monday --
same building, same work, same desk, and a raise..... may your path be blessed as mine was.

That is a great story as are most of these posts. Thank you everyone for the concerns and the advice. ;) I am sticking with my equipment training schedule for this year until told different. Crane recertification 101 starts 7/10

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Sun May 13, 2018

How have things turned out for you Mr. Ed? (I may have missed any updates)
:pop:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Sun May 13, 2018

Well it has been interesting to say the least. The sale was final on December 29 but I went into the hospital on December 25 for heart surgery I couldn’t go to work for the new company until I was released by my doctor and I was released in mid February since that time I have threatened to walk out twice and on Monday I finally did walk out. I was on conference calls all day on Tuesday with our corporate people and went back to work on Wednesday. Some things are hard to pass up and for me money is one of them so I guess until I decide to stop chasing the dollar I’m going to stick around). They are also taking more job responsibilities away from me and want me to concentrate on training and passing my knowledge off to the maintenance department it’s easy money anda hard Choice.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun May 13, 2018

It's tough to walk away from a career, but time > money. You can always make more money but you can never make more time.

CCC2010
Turtle Supporter

Postby CCC2010 » Sun May 13, 2018

Its a process Mr. Ed. Just prepare yourself of what is to come. Once you pass on that knowledge and skills to the folks your training...then you can put the puzzle together of what will likely be the outcome...just looking out for you Mr.Ed.
Image WTB:6 oz YPS Golf Ball. Pls.PM me.

MrGaribaldi
Silver Supporter

Postby MrGaribaldi » Sun May 13, 2018

Back on June of 2017, I made this post.
MrGaribaldi wrote:Your new owner may want you to train your replacement. Be prepared for that possibility. To owners experience = higher salary.

Start lining up your ducks. When they get all they want from you, they will let you go. So be careful not to walk out again before your ducks are lined up. They may not call you back the next time.
And life goes on ......

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Sun May 13, 2018

And of course it can’t hurt to not explain that which is not asked...then, when the phone rings, independent contractor rates kick in...just sayin...
Outstanding!

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Sun May 13, 2018

Diggin4copper wrote:And of course it can’t hurt to not explain that which is not asked...then, when the phone rings, independent contractor rates kick in...just sayin...

^ agree... :thumbup:

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Fri Oct 05, 2018

Not to be nosey, just trying to glean from others.
Any updates?
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Fri Oct 05, 2018

Well, things are working in my favor these days. Most of my paperwork duties have been delegated to a pair of up and coming supervisors with a strong desire to get ahead, they remind me of me 30 years ago. Both are willing to listen and learn and I am very involved in working with them. My duties these days consist of teaching and troubleshooting. Lots of new EE's these days and most need guidance and that is one of my strongpoints. I am a hands on kind of guy and very much enjoy being on the floor. I am in the process of moving to part time and keeping full benefits. I would like to stay for 2 more years but ready to walk away tomorrow if need be. The company knows this all too well and I am hoping for a positive outcome. :thumbup: I do love this job and just completed 36 years with them, hard to give up doing what you enjoy. :D

xelint
Shogun Supporter

Postby xelint » Fri Oct 05, 2018

When something similar happened at my company a lot of guys took the retirement and then were hired back part time as consultants. You could always tell who they were because they always had the biggest grins on their faces.

Best of luck

PS sounds like you need to run another group buy to take your mind off of things :D
Get refunds on things you already purchased when the price changes :wave:

https://earny.app.link/Gm3jMgbK7P

grantwoodisgold
Gold Supporter

Postby grantwoodisgold » Fri Oct 05, 2018

Mr. Ed wrote:.....I do love this job and just completed 36 years with them, hard to give up doing what you enjoy. :D

:clap:
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

Return to “Burgers and Beers”