Silver Buy Brag Thread

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
blevdawgAg47

Re: Silver Buy Brag Thread

Postby blevdawgAg47 » Tue Jun 19, 2018

rte592 wrote:
blevdawgAg47 wrote:Got lucky at a local swap meet. Bowl on a table had some .900 Mexican 5 pesos. Sign says $3 for 10, so I ask if they are fakes. Guy acts like he doesn't speak much English and shrugs his shoulders. So I tap one with another and it rings silver :shock: I go to grab 10 of 'em and he all the sudden speaks decent English "No, no. $10 for 3. $10 for three." I hand him $20, take 6 coins, and told him to find a dealer for the rest of them(there are several there at the same swap meet)

I don't normally buy silver like this, I'll have to admit it felt kinda dirty. One has to wonder how all this stuff ends up at swap meets. There is definitely honest hardworking vendors there, but some shady characters and goods too.

Don't feel bad, you paid the asking price.
Let us know if they check out silver and don't stick to a magnet.

They were real. I sold 5 of them to an LCS about an hour later. Kept one as a momento :)
ImageImageImage

everything

Postby everything » Wed Jun 27, 2018

Today: 2017 Kook Roo, 2018 Kook, paid 20 each, plus tax, ehh. Should have bought a gram of gold instead. Over the last few weeks I've picked up a few engelhard prospectors and bars, and found 14 of the old El-11 engelhard bars at LCS, supposedly less than 25,000 minted.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Sat Jun 30, 2018

I got my socks blessed off today. A family member decided to give me (like for free) 39 raw Morgans with a variety of dates. About 15 of them are nice and shiny. I guess that was a pretty good score, huh?

Dave
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Jun 30, 2018

fredzoyt wrote:I got my socks blessed off today. A family member decided to give me (like for free) 39 raw Morgans with a variety of dates. About 15 of them are nice and shiny. I guess that was a pretty good score, huh?

Dave

Nice. I wish I had relatives like yours!
ImageImageImage

apistogramma

Postby apistogramma » Wed Jul 04, 2018

a week ago i bought da barnyard pig #15 from schwartzy for $145 :shh: (that cheesehead seen me comin lol)and got $15 ebucks,this week (thanks 2 tdtwedt for ase bargain on ebay) i got 5 ase for $15.50 each, i think i made out all around :thumbup: :duck:
;) LOOKING FOR BARNYARD SERIES #15 :duck: #15 COW #15 HORSE (apistogramma)

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Thu Jul 05, 2018

apistogramma wrote:a week ago i bought da barnyard pig #15 from schwartzy for $145 :shh: (that cheesehead seen me comin lol)and got $15 ebucks,this week (thanks 2 tdtwedt for ase bargain on ebay) i got 5 ase for $15.50 each, i think i made out all around :thumbup: :duck:

Hang out here and you'll get some hookups that you won't believe are possible...there are plenty of people on here that used this joint as their own LCS...between the BST, group buys, hot deals and whatever else...you'll be broke soon enough, or have way more stuff than you imagined you'd have and still want to pick up more...it's just kind of the way it is...dig in and you'll find what you want and more..way more
ImageImageImage

snappy
Silver Supporter

Postby snappy » Fri Jul 13, 2018

On Memorial Day there was a one day only 20% off everything coupon on eBay, which of course did not include coins/money/bullion. I stumbled upon a piece of HACMint poured silver that was listed under Jewelry & Watches > Precious Metals without Stones so the 20% coupon worked. It also qualified for the standard 1% eBucks rebate. Poking around a bit I found a couple more HAC pieces listed under Entertainment Memorabilia that were eligible and ended up getting 3 pieces of poured .999 for $18.79 per oz. Not anything to brag about really but I was stoked.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”