The Tailgate - Sports Central

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Purple and Gold

Re: The Tailgate - Sports Central

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Sep 08, 2018

The kick returner for S Fla has 2 kickoff returns for TD's in the first quarter against Ga Tech, a 98 and a 97 yard return.
Theres been 31 pts total scored in the first 10 mins of the game, great game
Ga Tech just squib kicked the ball after their TD, :lol: the crowd is booing
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018

The NFL kneeling issue was one of the interview questions for the Miss America "competition" this week (prior to the live show). The question was posed to Miss Virginia, who supported the players, which was not really a shock coming from someone in this now "purple" state.

A bigger surprise was the contestant who said that the biggest issue facing the country is Trump. This was a surprise because that contestant was Miss West Virginia, a state which Trump won bigly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... 9767611719

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Sep 08, 2018

jcz1 wrote:The NFL kneeling issue was one of the interview questions for the Miss America "competition" this week (prior to the live show). The question was posed to Miss Virginia, who supported the players, which was not really a shock coming from someone in this now "purple" state.

A bigger surprise was the contestant who said that the biggest issue facing the country is Trump. This was a surprise because that contestant was Miss West Virginia, a state which Trump won bigly.

They both sound Racist to me. Such sad,misguided people. What a shame that their minds are warped at such an young age :(
ImageImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sat Sep 08, 2018

Such a pity such warped minds are on such fine bod . . . oh, that's right they've changed the program and we can't see those parts. Not worth watching anymore.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent," Credited to Goebbles.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Sep 09, 2018

Brick's wrote: oh, that's right they've changed the program and we can't see those parts. Not worth watching anymore.

When they cut the swimsuit part they claimed they wouldn't be judged on their bodies, yet they didn't cut the evening gown part. Since then they renamed it to Red Carpet, and are going to ask a question which they have 8 seconds to answer, to try to make it seem like that is what is being judged.

If they don't want appearance to matter, they should put them all in burlap sacks for the entire night. Or maybe have the judges in The Voice chairs, backs turned so they can't see them while we still can. :lol:

Carlson even lied and claimed that if they kept the swimsuit then they wouldn't have a network to air the show. I hope the rankings tank worse than Tesla stock!

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Sep 09, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:
jcz1 wrote:The NFL kneeling issue was one of the interview questions for the Miss America "competition" this week (prior to the live show). The question was posed to Miss Virginia, who supported the players, which was not really a shock coming from someone in this now "purple" state.

They both sound Racist to me. Such sad,misguided people. What a shame that their minds are warped at such an young age :(

Wait - supporting kneeling players and thinking Trump is dangerous are both racist? :?

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Sep 09, 2018

considering the sources, yes
Just my first thought on this. KInda pisses me off. I dont think the Miss America pagent is the proper place to discuss politics.
Last edited by Purple and Gold on Sun Sep 09, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

The Steeler's & Brown's game was something else, In OT, Pitt missed a FG and the Browns had the game winning one blocked with 10 seconds left
ImageImageImage

Recluse
Gold Supporter

Postby Recluse » Sun Sep 09, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:The Steeler's & Brown's game was something else, In OT, Pitt missed a FG and the Browns had the game winning one blocked with 10 seconds left

Yeah after a tie in that game and a NO loss, half of the survival pickem league is wiped out!
ImageImage

Purple and Gold

Recluse wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:The Steeler's & Brown's game was something else, In OT, Pitt missed a FG and the Browns had the game winning one blocked with 10 seconds left

Yeah after a tie in that game and a NO loss, half of the survival pickem league is wiped out!

whoa! a tie is a loss, well this and the Saints losing ought to pretty much end the contest!

PS I would have picked the Saints too, with Winston out
ImageImageImage

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Sun Sep 09, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:
Recluse wrote:

whoa! a tie is a loss, well this and the Saints losing ought to pretty much end the contest!

I don't think a tie counts as a loss in survivor. Looked like losses were red, wins green, and the Steelers were blue like the games that haven't been played yet. Guess we'll have to wait for all of the games to finish for the standings to update.

NO took out 5 of 12 players in Week 1 :shock:

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Sun Sep 09, 2018

natsb88 wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:
Recluse wrote:

I don't think a tie counts as a loss in survivor. Looked like losses were red, wins green, and the Steelers were blue like the games that haven't been played yet. Guess we'll have to wait for all of the games to finish for the standings to update.

NO took out 5 of 12 players in Week 1

Get the bags out...'AINTS are back :lol:
Image ImageImage

Recluse
Gold Supporter

Postby Recluse » Sun Sep 09, 2018

natsb88 wrote:I don't think a tie counts as a loss in survivor. Looked like losses were red, wins green, and the Steelers were blue like the games that haven't been played yet. Guess we'll have to wait for all of the games to finish for the standings to update.

As commissioner, trapperrick may have been able to specify different, but the rules read:

Strike out and get eliminated
If you forget to pick a team or the team that you picked loses or ties, you get a strike. Once you reach your group's strike limit, you're eliminated from the game. While eliminated, you'll still be able to observe the other players until there's a winner.

Public Groups - 1 strike will eliminate you.
Private Groups - The commish can set up to 2 strikes before you're eliminated.
ImageImage

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Sun Sep 09, 2018

Pinning my hopes on the Lions....Lord help me.
ImageAlways buying 2016 Rodebaugh Rolos

trapperrick
Gold Supporter

Postby trapperrick » Sun Sep 09, 2018

MasterBlaster wrote:
natsb88 wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:
Recluse wrote:

NO took out 5 of 12 players in Week 1

Get the bags out...'AINTS are back :lol:

Yes, that stunk really bad! Week one and look how many are wiped out of the BS survival league.

As far as the Pittsburgh / Cleveland game, that was equally as bad. My Steelers looked like crap.
“I, Franklin D Roosevelt…do declare that said national emergency still continues to exist and…do hereby prohibit the hoarding of gold…”

EXECUTIVE ORDER 6102, issued by US president Franklin Delano Roosevelt on April 5th 1933, banned private gold ownership .

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Mon Sep 10, 2018

Aaron Rodgers is something else. He Comes back from injury to win the game for the Packers. A 20 pt comeback :clap:
When he throws the ball down field it looks like he is just chunking it up but it always seems to land right on the money
I only own one football card and its an Aaron Rodgers rookie card
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe are about to have a fist fight talking about Aaron on their show. Shannon is getting PO'ed bc Skip wont say Aaron is great, lol
Drama-Ramah
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

I dont know who this ESPN woman NFL game commentator is but she is mono-toned and wont shut up :lol:
I sure hope this is not how MNF will be this year :cry: Really messes up the MNF experience

Honestly, I had to switch over to the Spanish broadcast :|
ImageImageImage

trapperrick
Gold Supporter

Postby trapperrick » Mon Sep 10, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:I dont know who this ESPN woman NFL game commentator is but she is mono-toned and wont shut up :lol:
I sure hope this is not how MNF will be this year :cry: Really messes up the MNF experience

:lol: :lol:

I had to look it up via Google. The announcers name is Beth Mowins is the play by play announcer and Brian Greise is doing color. They are as good as the Lions offense which really sucks.
“I, Franklin D Roosevelt…do declare that said national emergency still continues to exist and…do hereby prohibit the hoarding of gold…”

EXECUTIVE ORDER 6102, issued by US president Franklin Delano Roosevelt on April 5th 1933, banned private gold ownership .

Purple and Gold

trapperrick wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:I dont know who this ESPN woman NFL game commentator is but she is mono-toned and wont shut up :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I had to look it up via Google. The announcers name is Beth Mowins is the play by play announcer and Brian Greise is doing color. They are as good as the Lions offense which really sucks.

Well is she at least hot?? :) Bad move to put her on play by play. Her Yankee accent is not music to my ears, and if i hear her say "yerds" one more time im going to bed :lol:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Burgers and Beers”