Father and Son's Collectables in Hicksville NY

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Brick's
Supporter

Father and Son's Collectables in Hicksville NY

Postby Brick's » Wed Sep 07, 2016

So, I literally just got this call from a guy wanting to special offer me a BU '64 Kennedy 1/2 dollar for the shipping of $9.95. Only thing is, I've never heard of them. I ask for his physical address and when I plug in his business address (346 Little East Neck Road) I can't find them on the internet. He also says it's West Babylon.

When I tell him to forgive me for doing my due diligence but, I can't find your company on the internet. He says it's a new company so no website. I say can you send me your business card 'cuz I'm going to run it by you guys? He gets a bit panicky and pushes me for my checking account info to do a phone check, I hang up.

So, anyone heard of this company? The phone number is 631-620-3416

The guy is calling me back right now, but I'm not answering. Heads up, anyone else getting the calls?
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, . . ." Credited to Goebbles.

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Re: Father and Son's Collectables in Hicksville NY

Postby silverhead » Wed Sep 07, 2016

I wouldn't buy from him, sounds way too scammy to me. Stick with buying from trusted sources, even if his offer is legit, it is only the approximate value of the coin, not any kind of fire sale deal.

I had a cold call in early August from some "outfit" that showed up on my caller ID as "Gold Depot"
He said something about that he heard that I buy gold, I cut him off and told him I don't discuss rumors but it is irrelevant now that I am unemployed as of August 1st. That slowed his sales pitch down quickly. That's when I asked him if they were hiring since I needed a job. :lol: :lol:
He developed a stuttering problem and hung up on me. A month later, no call backs :clap:
ImageImageImage

MrGaribaldi
Silver Supporter

Postby MrGaribaldi » Tue Sep 13, 2016

And life goes on ......

jareksdad

Postby jareksdad » Tue Sep 13, 2016

Why spend $10 on that coin? Seems a tad high especially with other circumstances figured in.
D

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Sep 13, 2016

Wait, so this guy cold called to sell you ONE BU 64' Kennedy half?

Seriously?

Way to shoot for the stars on that sale. :lol:

Just have to wonder, where did this guy even get your contact info? If you didn't give it to him, I'd be concerned that someone you're buying from is sharing your info.
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

everything

Postby everything » Tue Sep 13, 2016

I don't answer any calls from anyone that's not already in my phone as legitimate. IF I'm expecting a call from someone else I usually know the area code and 3 digit number prefix from where they are calling. I get spoofed numbers but even those I'm onto as it's just to obvious, I mean these idiots will use the 3 digit prefix of your phone number to try to get you to answer the call, it's not many yet lately so I have not installed Mr. Number app on my cell yet but still may again (had it last phone), as it's an awesome little application that hangs up on non-legitimate callers and also has a little feedback area where people leave a note as to who's number it is so you can actually find out who is calling.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Tue Jul 03, 2018

So a year and 9 months later the guy is still calling me (same guy, same voice I have good sound memory). This time the Kennedy is $4.95 with free shipping. I go for it, and it comes in a Whitman folder. I figured if it were a fly by night it wouldn't still be here doing it's thing. I also got a $50 gift certificate, but the website fandscollectible.com isn't up and running yet. Just might be a liget business. Hicksville, NY Really? What an uphill battle this guy must be having or a seriously determined scam starting with $4.95.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, . . ." Credited to Goebbles.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Jul 03, 2018

Brick's wrote:So a year and 9 months later the guy is still calling me (same guy, same voice I have good sound memory). This time the Kennedy is $4.95 with free shipping. I go for it, and it comes in a Whitman folder. I figured if it were a fly by night it wouldn't still be here doing it's thing. I also got a $50 gift certificate, but the website fandscollectible.com isn't up and running yet. Just might be a liget business. Hicksville, NY Really? What an uphill battle this guy must be having or a seriously determined scam starting with $4.95.

Why would you give your info to someone you don't know or trust, just for 1 half dollar? What type of operation has time to cold call people for a $4.95 sale?
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Wed Jul 04, 2018

Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it? I'm not to worried about it. I mean, when K-mart can be hacked and my CC information used to make fraud purchases and I'm inconvenienced to go to my bank, fill out some paperwork, make some phone calls, and eventually get reimbursed by my bank and get a new CC # at least if it happens this time, I've got a piece of silver for my troubles.

Yes, it's a risk and one this opportunist took. If they have been doing this for almost 2 years and it's a scam and have yet to get caught then they are really, really good. If not, then they are a struggling mom and pop (father and son) shop trying to build their business with a make contact sale. Not really to dissimilar to Littleton, Govmint, Nationwide Coin and Bullion, and Investment Rarities in MN who still call me back on a semi-regular basis trying to make a sale after having taken advantage of a similar offers. Where they differ are the initial contacts was either by mail or internet and bigger businesses. I'm guessing they just got it off it a list they purchased.

But, I appreciate the concern and however it turns out I'll keep you all informed. Oh, and for accuracy of the details sake (which I am not known for) it was a free 1/2 dollar and the shipping was $4.95.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”