Any Vegetarians here?

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
jcz1

Any Vegetarians here?

Postby jcz1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015

Something tells me that there's not going to be many, if any, but let's see.

(And if you don't want to say so publicly here, please PM me. Thanks.)
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby Blue Angel » Sun Aug 23, 2015

MaxGravy and Splunky are vegan. They eat awesome food dishes.

Mirkkanen

Postby Mirkkanen » Sun Aug 23, 2015

I am far from a strict vegetarian, however, 80% of my meals are non-meat (ironic, as I just passed up a veggie option in favor of a tri tip rice bowl).
Shipping to the USA only.

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Sun Aug 23, 2015

Blue Angel wrote:MaxGravy and Splunky are vegan. They eat awesome food dishes.

Actually, I believe they are a variety of vegetarian as I know they love their catfish and sushi. Lets see what they claim to be.
ImageImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Aug 24, 2015

We're mostly vegan. We do enjoy sushi and catfish as feast foods occasionally, but our home kitchen is vegan. Splunky is an amazing cook!
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Tue Aug 25, 2015

I eat vegetables. :mrgreen:

Justfishin

Postby Justfishin » Tue Aug 25, 2015

fredzoyt wrote:I eat vegetables. :mrgreen:

My dinner eats vegetables :)
ImageImage ImageImage
KCCO

pitw
Gold Supporter

Postby pitw » Tue Aug 25, 2015

I suppose at least 50% of our food is vegy's. :thumbup:

xelint
Shogun Supporter

Postby xelint » Tue Aug 25, 2015

Over the years I have shifted mostly to veg and away from meat but just can't take it all out of my diet.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Aug 25, 2015

The Pleasure Trap: You know what you should do, so why is it so hard to do it?

The Pleasure Trap is also a book by Dr. Douglas Lisle. Splunky and I have had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Lisle and have heard him speak several times. High calorie dense foods are drugs and many Americans are addicted. It's not your fault though. We've been manipulated and marketed to since we were kids. In the natural world our instincts helped us survive, but in today's artificial world we're killing ourselves with over processed foods that our bodies were never intended to eat.

The Pleasure Trap is the elusive force that is actually your own nervous system’s “internal compass,” telling you what is best for you, in a world where it doesn’t serve you the way it was designed to.

As you may have guessed by now, one of the most destructive aspects of The Pleasure Trap is food. The Standard American Diet, and the marketing efforts and food science supporting it, have rendered most of us addicts—and rendered most of us sick with migraines, IBS, Interstitial Cystitis, arthritis, and other manifestations of inflammation, as well as major diseases like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. Illnesses and disease—which we medicate with pain-avoidance drugs, which make us crave processed foods, and make us rock and roll that hamster wheel.
ImageImageImage

scottcped

Postby scottcped » Tue Aug 25, 2015

My wife hasn't had meat or eggs of any kind in 25+ years. I'm ~75% there. Working on it. Dr. Fuhrman and Dr. Colin Campbell have great info about it. For ~4 months I was working the Fuhrman (lifestyle) diet really well.... Then back to the old habits. Anyway, Why do you ask?
ImageImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

scottcped wrote:My wife hasn't had meat or eggs of any kind in 25+ years. I'm ~75% there. Working on it. Dr. Fuhrman and Dr. Colin Campbell have great info about it. For ~4 months I was working the Fuhrman (lifestyle) diet really well.... Then back to the old habits. Anyway, Why do you ask?

I like Dr. Fuhrman's message but I find him to be more a salesman than someone like Dr. John McDougall who puts all of his information and recipes on the web for free.

We've met T. Colin Campbell and have an autographed copy of the China Syndrome. That man is a genius.
ImageImageImage

scottcped

Postby scottcped » Tue Aug 25, 2015

MaxGravy wrote:
scottcped wrote:My wife hasn't had meat or eggs of any kind in 25+ years. I'm ~75% there. Working on it. Dr. Fuhrman and Dr. Colin Campbell have great info about it. For ~4 months I was working the Fuhrman (lifestyle) diet really well.... Then back to the old habits. Anyway, Why do you ask?

I like Dr. Fuhrman's message but I find him to be more a salesman than someone like Dr. John McDougall who puts all of his information and recipes on the web for free.

We've met T. Colin Campbell and have an autographed copy of the China Syndrome. That man is a genius.

I agree with you on Fuhrman, I've had that feeling in my gut. Thanks for letting me know about Dr. John McDougall. I'll sick the wifey on that info.

Was it Forks over knives with T. Colin Campbell? (I remember his name so readily, b/c that is my son's name... well, minus the T). I liked the Forks video, with the exception of the extreme left bias. How'd ya meet him? Book signing?
ImageImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

scottcped wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:

I agree with you on Fuhrman, I've had that feeling in my gut. Thanks for letting me know about Dr. John McDougall. I'll sick the wifey on that info.

Was it Forks over knives with T. Colin Campbell? (I remember his name so readily, b/c that is my son's name... well, minus the T). I liked the Forks video, with the exception of the extreme left bias. How'd ya meet him? Book signing?

Splunky and I have been patients of John McDougall for many years. We've been through several of his programs, including the 12-day live-in program. We also did a 10-day fast at True North Health. Along the way we've many proponents of the vegan diet, including Dr. Campbell & Dr. Lisle.
ImageImageImage

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Tue Aug 25, 2015

I only eat meat that I know where it comes from.
And I steer clear of filter feeding seafood.

highroller4321

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Aug 25, 2015

DRP270 wrote:
Blue Angel wrote:MaxGravy and Splunky are vegan. They eat awesome food dishes.

Actually, I believe they are a variety of vegetarian as I know they love their catfish and sushi. Lets see what they claim to be.

Pescetarian is the word. :thumbup:

My girlfriend is a pescetarian so I don't eat nearly as much meat as I used to. I have cut out all pork, except for bacon of course. :lol: I try to keep my sugar in check and try not to have any hydrogenated anything!

Why do you ask? Thinking about switching?

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Aug 25, 2015

self professed carnitarian. I hate veggies.
Payments accepted via Paypal (no fee or add 2.9%), Check, USPS MO, or Cash (Item will ship when funds are received)

Check out my eBay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/barsandstars/m.html

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Tue Aug 25, 2015

thepmetalstacker wrote:self professed carnitarian. I hate veggies.

I like veggies, but also feel a moral obligation to help baby cows and pigs live a happy childhood. If I didn't eat them later in life, they'd never even be born.
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

It's all about choices.

ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015

highroller4321 wrote:
Why do you ask? Thinking about switching?

What I'm looking for right now is any first-hand opinions from those who have tried one or more of the many frozen grocery-store options, from brands such as Morningstar Farms, LightLife, and others in the Veggie/Vegan marketplace.
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Return to “Burgers and Beers”