Any Vegetarians here?

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
User avatar
jcz1
Posts: 3791
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011
Location: USA

Any Vegetarians here?

Postby jcz1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015

Something tells me that there's not going to be many, if any, but let's see.

(And if you don't want to say so publicly here, please PM me. Thanks.)
Democracy Dies in Darkness

User avatar
Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Location: Texas

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby Blue Angel » Sun Aug 23, 2015

MaxGravy and Splunky are vegan. They eat awesome food dishes.

User avatar
Mirkkanen
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby Mirkkanen » Sun Aug 23, 2015

I am far from a strict vegetarian, however, 80% of my meals are non-meat (ironic, as I just passed up a veggie option in favor of a tri tip rice bowl).
Shipping to the USA only.

User avatar
DRP270
Site Admin
Posts: 8576
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby DRP270 » Sun Aug 23, 2015

Blue Angel wrote:MaxGravy and Splunky are vegan. They eat awesome food dishes.


Actually, I believe they are a variety of vegetarian as I know they love their catfish and sushi. Lets see what they claim to be.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Aug 24, 2015

We're mostly vegan. We do enjoy sushi and catfish as feast foods occasionally, but our home kitchen is vegan. Splunky is an amazing cook!
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 5265
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby fredzoyt » Tue Aug 25, 2015

I eat vegetables. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Justfishin
Posts: 6284
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby Justfishin » Tue Aug 25, 2015

fredzoyt wrote:I eat vegetables. :mrgreen:


My dinner eats vegetables :)
ImageImage ImageImage
KCCO

pitw
Gold Supporter
Posts: 2081
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014
Location: Alberta

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby pitw » Tue Aug 25, 2015

I suppose at least 50% of our food is vegy's. :thumbup:

User avatar
xelint
Shogun Supporter
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014
Location: IN

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby xelint » Tue Aug 25, 2015

Over the years I have shifted mostly to veg and away from meat but just can't take it all out of my diet.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Aug 25, 2015

The Pleasure Trap: You know what you should do, so why is it so hard to do it?

The Pleasure Trap is also a book by Dr. Douglas Lisle. Splunky and I have had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Lisle and have heard him speak several times. High calorie dense foods are drugs and many Americans are addicted. It's not your fault though. We've been manipulated and marketed to since we were kids. In the natural world our instincts helped us survive, but in today's artificial world we're killing ourselves with over processed foods that our bodies were never intended to eat.

The Pleasure Trap is the elusive force that is actually your own nervous system’s “internal compass,” telling you what is best for you, in a world where it doesn’t serve you the way it was designed to.

As you may have guessed by now, one of the most destructive aspects of The Pleasure Trap is food. The Standard American Diet, and the marketing efforts and food science supporting it, have rendered most of us addicts—and rendered most of us sick with migraines, IBS, Interstitial Cystitis, arthritis, and other manifestations of inflammation, as well as major diseases like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. Illnesses and disease—which we medicate with pain-avoidance drugs, which make us crave processed foods, and make us rock and roll that hamster wheel.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
scottcped
Posts: 1180
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014
Location: Richmond VA

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby scottcped » Tue Aug 25, 2015

My wife hasn't had meat or eggs of any kind in 25+ years. I'm ~75% there. Working on it. Dr. Fuhrman and Dr. Colin Campbell have great info about it. For ~4 months I was working the Fuhrman (lifestyle) diet really well.... Then back to the old habits. Anyway, Why do you ask?
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Aug 25, 2015

scottcped wrote:My wife hasn't had meat or eggs of any kind in 25+ years. I'm ~75% there. Working on it. Dr. Fuhrman and Dr. Colin Campbell have great info about it. For ~4 months I was working the Fuhrman (lifestyle) diet really well.... Then back to the old habits. Anyway, Why do you ask?


I like Dr. Fuhrman's message but I find him to be more a salesman than someone like Dr. John McDougall who puts all of his information and recipes on the web for free.

We've met T. Colin Campbell and have an autographed copy of the China Syndrome. That man is a genius.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
scottcped
Posts: 1180
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014
Location: Richmond VA

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby scottcped » Tue Aug 25, 2015

MaxGravy wrote:
scottcped wrote:My wife hasn't had meat or eggs of any kind in 25+ years. I'm ~75% there. Working on it. Dr. Fuhrman and Dr. Colin Campbell have great info about it. For ~4 months I was working the Fuhrman (lifestyle) diet really well.... Then back to the old habits. Anyway, Why do you ask?


I like Dr. Fuhrman's message but I find him to be more a salesman than someone like Dr. John McDougall who puts all of his information and recipes on the web for free.

We've met T. Colin Campbell and have an autographed copy of the China Syndrome. That man is a genius.


I agree with you on Fuhrman, I've had that feeling in my gut. Thanks for letting me know about Dr. John McDougall. I'll sick the wifey on that info.

Was it Forks over knives with T. Colin Campbell? (I remember his name so readily, b/c that is my son's name... well, minus the T). I liked the Forks video, with the exception of the extreme left bias. How'd ya meet him? Book signing?
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Aug 25, 2015

scottcped wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
scottcped wrote:My wife hasn't had meat or eggs of any kind in 25+ years. I'm ~75% there. Working on it. Dr. Fuhrman and Dr. Colin Campbell have great info about it. For ~4 months I was working the Fuhrman (lifestyle) diet really well.... Then back to the old habits. Anyway, Why do you ask?


I like Dr. Fuhrman's message but I find him to be more a salesman than someone like Dr. John McDougall who puts all of his information and recipes on the web for free.

We've met T. Colin Campbell and have an autographed copy of the China Syndrome. That man is a genius.


I agree with you on Fuhrman, I've had that feeling in my gut. Thanks for letting me know about Dr. John McDougall. I'll sick the wifey on that info.

Was it Forks over knives with T. Colin Campbell? (I remember his name so readily, b/c that is my son's name... well, minus the T). I liked the Forks video, with the exception of the extreme left bias. How'd ya meet him? Book signing?


Splunky and I have been patients of John McDougall for many years. We've been through several of his programs, including the 12-day live-in program. We also did a 10-day fast at True North Health. Along the way we've many proponents of the vegan diet, including Dr. Campbell & Dr. Lisle.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
agnostic
BS Supporter
Posts: 1796
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014
Location: PNW

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby agnostic » Tue Aug 25, 2015

I only eat meat that I know where it comes from.
And I steer clear of filter feeding seafood.

highroller4321
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011
Location: Portland Oregon

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Aug 25, 2015

DRP270 wrote:
Blue Angel wrote:MaxGravy and Splunky are vegan. They eat awesome food dishes.


Actually, I believe they are a variety of vegetarian as I know they love their catfish and sushi. Lets see what they claim to be.



Pescetarian is the word. :thumbup:


My girlfriend is a pescetarian so I don't eat nearly as much meat as I used to. I have cut out all pork, except for bacon of course. :lol: I try to keep my sugar in check and try not to have any hydrogenated anything!


Why do you ask? Thinking about switching?

User avatar
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3145
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Aug 25, 2015

self professed carnitarian. I hate veggies.
Payments accepted via Paypal (no fee or add 2.9%), Check, USPS MO, or Cash (Item will ship when funds are received)

Check out my eBay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/barsandstars/m.html

User avatar
Engineer
Pirate Jester
Posts: 6522
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby Engineer » Tue Aug 25, 2015

thepmetalstacker wrote:self professed carnitarian. I hate veggies.


I like veggies, but also feel a moral obligation to help baby cows and pigs live a happy childhood. If I didn't eat them later in life, they'd never even be born.
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Aug 25, 2015

It's all about choices.

Image
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
jcz1
Posts: 3791
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011
Location: USA

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby jcz1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015

highroller4321 wrote:
Why do you ask? Thinking about switching?


What I'm looking for right now is any first-hand opinions from those who have tried one or more of the many frozen grocery-store options, from brands such as Morningstar Farms, LightLife, and others in the Veggie/Vegan marketplace.
Democracy Dies in Darkness


Return to “Burgers and Beers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests