BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
skylersfriend
Gold Jester

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby skylersfriend » Wed Oct 31, 2018

Dressed up with my nephew for a little early TRICK OR TREATING!! :angel:

Some how his neighbors thought our costume selection was not appropriate :shock:
Attachments
Happy Halloween.JPG
Happy Halloween.JPG (46.06 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“To think things out properly and fairly, a fellow's got to be calm and old and toothless: When you're an old gaffer with no teeth, it's easy to say: 'Damn it, boys, you mustn't bite!' But, when you've got all thirty-two teeth...” Nikos Kazantzakis..ZORBA THE GREEK

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Thu Nov 01, 2018

British woman claims she's had sex with 20 ghosts, is now engaged to one

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/briti ... o-a-spirit
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Nov 03, 2018

Rare Mandarin Duck Makes A Splash In Central Park

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/10/31 ... tral-park/

:duck:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Sat Nov 03, 2018

^^
Arkansas has the so called "duck hunting capital of the World".
The r#dnecks around here would super drool, hyperventilate and spaz out trying to bag that duck! :roll:
>What a beauty!
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Nov 03, 2018

Mmmmmm....
Attachments
CA57A387-CF3F-4D16-AB1C-A121D5A47E18.jpeg
CA57A387-CF3F-4D16-AB1C-A121D5A47E18.jpeg (373.27 KiB) Viewed 395 times
Outstanding!

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Sat Nov 03, 2018

AGhead wrote:^^
Arkansas has the so called "duck hunting capital of the World".
The r#dnecks around here would super drool, hyperventilate and spaz out trying to bag that duck! :roll:
>What a beauty!

be a nice mount
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Sat Nov 03, 2018

Honestly, I thought Mandarin Duck was just a recipe, like in Diggin's pic. :lol: :lol: It is a different-looking duck. If I hunted ducks, I'd like to take it. Is it a legal game bird, I wonder?
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Image Image Image

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Sat Nov 03, 2018

Diggin4copper wrote:Mmmmmm....

WOW! That looks so good!
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018

Reports are that Amazon will select Northern Virginia for its HQ2, specifically Crystal City:

Separately, sources told CNBC that Amazon and local officials had a "very productive" and "very long" conference call on Friday. A potential incentive package may include a "very generous" transportation incentive to alleviate traffic fears, as well as educational aspects to ensure Amazon has a pipeline to a skilled workforce.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/03/amazon- ... rters.html

I hope that "transportation incentive" doesn't include Metro (our subway), which can't handle the current load, even though that load has been declining.

These sources told CNBC that a final decision is "close" and may come down to Northern Virginia or Austin, Texas — or perhaps a split between both cities.

Go away Amazon. Pick Austin.

skylersfriend
Gold Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Sun Nov 04, 2018

hunting season

;)
Attachments
moose.JPG
moose.JPG (79.92 KiB) Viewed 303 times

“To think things out properly and fairly, a fellow's got to be calm and old and toothless: When you're an old gaffer with no teeth, it's easy to say: 'Damn it, boys, you mustn't bite!' But, when you've got all thirty-two teeth...” Nikos Kazantzakis..ZORBA THE GREEK

skylersfriend
Gold Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Sun Nov 04, 2018

:roll:
Attachments
people skills.jpg
people skills.jpg (35.05 KiB) Viewed 300 times

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Nov 05, 2018

Senior Citizens Are Replacing Teenagers at Fast-Food Joints

Fast-food chains are recruiting in senior centers and churches. They’re placing want ads on the website of AARP, an advocacy group for Americans over 50. Recruiters say older workers have soft skills—a friendly demeanor, punctuality—that their younger cohorts sometimes lack.

Two powerful trends are at work: a labor shortage amid the tightest job market in almost five decades, and the propensity for longer-living Americans to keep working—even part-time—to supplement often-meager retirement savings. Between 2014 and 2024, the number of working Americans aged 65 to 74 is expected to grow 4.5 percent, while those aged 16 to 24 is expected to shrink 1.4 percent, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business ... gs.OAcjAnA

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Mon Nov 05, 2018

I try to dine out only once a month. It amazes me how filthy some restaurants are.
A few years back I really enjoyed Waffle House. In between customers they'd be cleaning the grill, washing dishes, cleaning tables...they had good food, management, workers and attitudes.
My last time there, all 4 were on cells, everything was greasy (esp. the floor), The condiment bottles were super filthy, food was just falling sloppily on the plate, gross restrooms... This was in the best part of town.
It seems there is no distinction between managers and laborers. Maybe older help could teach pride again.

Mercuryman

Postby Mercuryman » Mon Nov 05, 2018

AGhead wrote:I try to dine out only once a month. It amazes me how filthy some restaurants are.
A few years back I really enjoyed Waffle House. In between customers they'd be cleaning the grill, washing dishes, cleaning tables...they had good food, management, workers and attitudes.
My last time there, all 4 were on cells, everything was greasy (esp. the floor), The condiment bottles were super filthy, food was just falling sloppily on the plate, gross restrooms... This was in the best part of town.
It seems there is no distinction between managers and laborers. Maybe older help could teach pride again.

I worked at a waffle house for a summer during high school. I will never eat at one again... The cook i worked with sold drugs out of the back of the store all day... The dishwasher was almost always below the regulatory temperature for killing bacteria. I've seen rotting pork chops be served to people. I could go on and on... Just stay away!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Mon Nov 05, 2018

Mercuryman wrote:
AGhead wrote:I try to dine out only once a month. It amazes me how filthy some restaurants are.

I worked at a waffle house for a summer during high school. I will never eat at one again... The cook i worked with sold drugs out of the back of the store all day... The dishwasher was almost always below the regulatory temperature for killing bacteria. I've seen rotting pork chops be served to people. I could go on and on... Just stay away!

:shock: , :sick:

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Nov 06, 2018

China unveils new 'Heavenly Palace' space station as ISS days numbered

Three astronauts will be permanently stationed in the 60-tonne orbiting lab, which will enable the crew to conduct biological and microgravity research.

Assembly is expected to be completed around 2022 and the station would have a lifespan of around 10 years.

The International Space Station -- a collaboration between the United States, Russia, Canada, Europe and Japan -- has been in operation since 1998 but is due to be retired in 2024.

China will then have the only space station in orbit, though it will be much smaller than the ISS which weighs 400 tonnes and is as large as a football pitch.

https://www.france24.com/en/20181106-ch ... numbered-0

MrGaribaldi
Silver Supporter

Postby MrGaribaldi » Tue Nov 06, 2018

Nominee for the 2018 Darwin Award.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/health/m ... index.html

He ate a slug on a dare, became paralyzed and died
And life goes on ......

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Tue Nov 06, 2018

The parasite cycle of the worm that got him is pretty gross. Don't advise researching that one out unless you have a stronger stomach that the kid that ate it.
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Nov 07, 2018

Russia plans to set up moon base inhabited by ‘avatar robots’

After unveiling an ambitious plan to install a permanent base on the moon, Russia’s space boss Dmitry Rogozin has now added a truly sci-fi-esque detail: humans will control it from Earth through sophisticated ‘avatar robotics.’

“We’re talking about creating a long-term base, not constantly manned, but visitable,” Rogozin, who leads Russia’s national space agency, ‘Roscosmos’ told RIA Novosti on Tuesday.

The base will be chiefly managed by “robotized systems, avatars that will be executing tasks on the moon’s surface,” he said, noting that whole project will be larger than the US ‘Apollo’ program of the ‘60s and ‘70s.

https://www.rt.com/russia/443196-russia ... ar-robots/

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Thu Nov 08, 2018

China ‘will move clouds and make it rain in different places using satellites’

CHINA is launching a bizarre bid to control Earth’s weather so it can shift rain clouds thousands of miles from its soaking south to its parched north.

Six satellites will form a ring to spot water-laden clouds and create an atmospheric corridor to allow them to move to the arid regions, state media said.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7682561/c ... atellites/

:pop:

Return to “Burgers and Beers”