BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby Rik Bitter » Sun Nov 12, 2017

MaxGravy wrote:Please close all windows and flush again.

... and hope you don't get the poo screen of death.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017

Rik Bitter wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:Please close all windows and flush again.

... and hope you don't get the poo screen of death.

Yeah, that would stink. :lol:
Democracy Dies in Darkness

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Sun Nov 12, 2017

MaxGravy wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:
jcz1 wrote:This fish is rarely seen by humans but has lived on the Earth since long before man:
http://www.newsweek.com/dinosaur-era-fr ... gal-708764

Actually, it was created only one day before man. :wave:

Gen. 1:20 20 ¶ Then God said, "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens."
Gen. 1:23 There was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.

Gen. 1:26-27 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Gen. 1:31 God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

What a cool looking creature though.

Wait a minute. That's old testament. Remember what you told me about the old testament? So if I believe this part of the OT, then should I also believe the part about stoning your kids to death when they talk back? Also, the OT clearly documents over 2.8 million people directly killed by god. So what parts do I believe? Just the supernatural stuff? This is so confusing.

Have you ever read the whole Bible? Just curious.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Sun Nov 12, 2017

MaxGravy wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:
jcz1 wrote:This fish is rarely seen by humans but has lived on the Earth since long before man:

Gen. 1:20 20 ¶ Then God said, "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens."

Gen. 1:26-27 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Gen. 1:31 God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

Wait a minute. That's old testament. Remember what you told me about the old testament? So if I believe this part of the OT, then should I also believe the part about stoning your kids to death when they talk back? Also, the OT clearly documents over 2.8 million people directly killed by god. So what parts do I believe? Just the supernatural stuff? This is so confusing.

No I don't actually remember what you're talking about.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017

MaxGravy wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:

If we're going to get an explanation of why we should ignore some stuff, here's some more stuff that could use some 'splainin':

Sacrificing as a burnt offering your young son (Genesis 22:2) or your daughter, if she comes out of the doors of your house to meet you (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5).

Having rebellious children stoned to death by all the men of the city (Deuteronomy 21:18-21).

Purchasing slaves (Leviticus 25:44-46), selling your daughter as a slave (Exodus 21:7-8) and making sure they submit to their masters, even cruel ones (1 Peter 2:18).

Executing pagan priests on their own altars and burning their bones (2 Kings 23:20-25).

Cutting off the hand of a woman if she grabs the penis of a man who is fighting with her husband (Deuteronomy 25:11-12).

Committing incest (Genesis 19:31-36) and cannibalism (2 Kings 6:28-29).

And having the military do all sorts of things to the enemy that would violate the Geneva accords:

Kill all boys and women but spare the girls who have not known man intimately for yourself (Numbers 31:17-18).

Destroy all that they have, killing man, woman, child, infant, ox, sheep, camel and donkey (1 Samuel 15:3).

If we are going to take biblical law as the literal legal standard, we’re also going to have to ban some staples of modern life:

Non-submissive women (Ephesians 5:22).

Cheeseburgers (Exodus 23:19), shrimp po’ boys (Leviticus 11:12) and ham sammiches (Leviticus 11:4).

Blended fabrics (Leviticus 19:19), rounded haircuts (Leviticus 19:27), tattoos (Leviticus 19:28), rude jokes (Ephesians 5:4), divorce (Luke 16:18) and using automobiles or electricity on the Sabbath (Exodus 35:3).

Additionally, women will not be allowed to teach in houses of worship (1 Timothy 2:12), men will not be allowed in at all if their genitals have been injured (Deuteronomy 23:1), and blind people, dwarves and the lame will not be allowed at the altar (Leviticus 21:17-23).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... fcd6bfa980

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Mon Nov 13, 2017

If you really want some "splainin" and are sincere, let me offer the perfect resource that you dig right into.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16834 ... UTF8&psc=1

I figure this would be a more thorough way of giving you what you need to understand rather than trying to type it all out here. If you don't want to spend the money I'll send you a copy free for nothing. That goes for anyone else who's skeptical.

Dave

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Nov 13, 2017

fredzoyt wrote:If you really want some "splainin" and are sincere, let me offer the perfect resource that you dig right into.

I figure this would be a more thorough way of giving you what you need to understand rather than trying to type it all out here. If you don't want to spend the money I'll send you a copy free for nothing. That goes for anyone else who's skeptical.

Dave

That is a generous offer of you Dave. In my experience, people like jcz1 sometimes want answers, but oftentimes it is just a shield for their chosen disbelief. A moral high-ground of skepticism and virtue that falls apart upon inspection of our own lives (sinners, are we all).

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Nov 13, 2017

fredzoyt wrote:If you really want some "splainin" and are sincere, let me offer the perfect resource that you dig right into.

Dave

For those that don't know, I have a lot of respect for Dave, and consider him a good friend, even though we've never met. However, when he posts things I believe are wacky, then I'm going to point them out.

We had a discussion a while back about the old testament telling parents to stone their children to death when they talk back. Dave said that the old testament wasn't to be taken literally, that it had been replaced by the new testament. This prompted my earlier comment since he was taking Genesis literally.

I'm very familiar with Jason Lisle, author of the book Dave posted. Dr. Lisle has been exposed for promoting junk science and is not respected in the scientific community. He's an outcast, and there's a ton of information on the web about his use of confirmation bias, lack of scientific methods and outright lies.

One of my favorite podcasts has done many episodes disproving the absurd claims of Jason Lisle. There are several episodes about him specifically.

Exposing PseudoAstronomy Podcast with Stuart Robbins

Debunking Young-Earth Creationism Episodes:
3, 9, 20, 36, 39, 41, 45, 69, 75, 81, 92, 103, 112, 124, 137, 138 & 166

Episodes that specifically mention Jason Lisle:
45, 112 & 138

There's a lot more on the web about Jason Lisle's junk science and bogus claims:

Debunking Jason Lisle

Bad Astronomy

Happy Jason Lisle Day

Jason Lisle and the madness on his blog

Jason Lisle and Distant Starlight

Religious Apologetics – The Science of Excuses
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017

Walmart is raising prices online to draw shoppers to stores

Walmart is experimenting with a new pricing system that is sometimes resulting in higher prices for goods sold online, the Wall Street Journal reports. "It simply costs less to sell some items in stores. Customers can access those store prices online when they choose to pick up the item in store," a Walmart spokesperson told the Journal.

https://www.axios.com/walmart-is-raisin ... 26828.html

Keep an eye on prices if you buy online from Wal-Mart. It seems you may get cheaper pricing by picking up your purchase at a store.

rottiesforever
Turtle Supporter

Postby rottiesforever » Mon Nov 13, 2017

MaxGravy wrote:

Dave

For those that don't know, I have a lot of respect for Dave, and consider him a good friend, even though we've never met. However, when he posts things I believe are wacky, then I'm going to point them out.

We had a discussion a while back about the old testament telling parents to stone their children to death when they talk back. Dave said that the old testament wasn't to be taken literally, that it had been replaced by the new testament. This prompted my earlier comment since he was taking Genesis literally.

I'm very familiar with Jason Lisle, author of the book Dave posted. Dr. Lisle has been exposed for promoting junk science and is not respected in the scientific community. He's an outcast, and there's a ton of information on the web about his use of confirmation bias, lack of scientific methods and outright lies.

One of my favorite podcasts has done many episodes disproving the absurd claims of Jason Lisle. There are several episodes about him specifically.

Exposing PseudoAstronomy Podcast with Stuart Robbins

Debunking Young-Earth Creationism Episodes:
3, 9, 20, 36, 39, 41, 45, 69, 75, 81, 92, 103, 112, 124, 137, 138 & 166

Episodes that specifically mention Jason Lisle:
45, 112 & 138

There's a lot more on the web about Jason Lisle's junk science and bogus claims:

Debunking Jason Lisle

Bad Astronomy

Happy Jason Lisle Day

Jason Lisle and the madness on his blog

Jason Lisle and Distant Starlight

Religious Apologetics – The Science of Excuses

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Turtles all the way down

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Thu Nov 16, 2017

Leonardo da Vinci painting sells for more than $450 million, breaking all-time art auction record

The painting, called "Salvator Mundi," Italian for "Savior of the World," is one of fewer than 20 paintings by Leonardo known to exist and the only one in private hands. It was sold by Christie's auction house, which didn't immediately identify the buyer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/15/leonard ... sties.html
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

mnymgr1

lithium ion batteries to become obsolete ??

Postby mnymgr1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-16/tesla-killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAg_8iCLIIw

I've always said, the way to dismantle the oil industry is through the invention of a super battery.
Not only for auto's but stationairy uses as well if they were cheap enough. For instance, whole house batteries that could hold a weekly or monthly charge, are supplied overnight when rates are sometimes negative (usually a factor of keeping nukes / wind power continuously generating) and would act as a buffer for local power outages. Not to mention a great storage medium for solar energy, if that form of electrical generation ever gets to super high efficiency rates.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

MrGaribaldi
Silver Supporter

Postby MrGaribaldi » Thu Nov 16, 2017

^^ slight misleading use of the term "battery". A capacitor is not a battery, though the principle of energy storage is similar. Still an interesting article.

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Thu Nov 16, 2017

Maybe a battery-capacitor hybrid?
All the smart people (and the greedy ones) have been working on this
for a while. Kind of a tough nut to crack.
Musk is a poseur.
"Back in '82 I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile" --Uncle Rico

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Nov 17, 2017

In only 4 days, Taylor Swift sells the most albums of 2017

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/17/in-only ... -2017.html

:clap:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Fri Nov 17, 2017

Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.” Winston Churchill

The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

Silver Addict
Dunce

Postby Silver Addict » Fri Nov 17, 2017

Navy admits its crew drew sky phallus

OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash. — U.S. Navy officials in Washington state confirmed one of its aircraft was involved with skywriting a figure of a penis in the Western air.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 874808001/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Fri Nov 17, 2017

neither rain nor sleet nor dark of night kept this Postman from his appointed rounds ..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://voleum.com/dna-results-prove-for ... -children/
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.” Winston Churchill

The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

jcz1

Re: this is absurd imho

Postby jcz1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017

mnymgr1 wrote:I guess for people who tend to get ripped off when packages are dumped at their doorsteps, this might provide some protection....but really, letting amazon delivery people have access to your home so packages can be placed inside ??
Why not instead provide a lockbox outside the door where packages could be left safely ??

https://smile.amazon.com/b?&node=172851 ... s_ann_func

One reason I'm not doing this:

Amazon Key Hack Lets Delivery Drivers Sneak Into Your House Undetected

https://www.extremetech.com/electronics ... undetected

As I mentioned, Wal-mart is trying the same thing, and are likely just as vulnerable to this, though I haven't seen a mention of it yet.

mnymgr1

any of you from the Tampa Bay FL area.....

Postby mnymgr1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017

if you have a teenage boy at home, one of these calendars with a few signatures might be a nice stocking stuffer :)

http://www.originalhooters.com/news/201 ... tampa-bay/

I met many of them last week here in the chicago burbs, don't think my son was too happy that he couldn't come along (with his mom all weekend....haha).
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

Return to “Burgers and Beers”