BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
mnymgr1

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby mnymgr1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018

so I now have heat, woohoo
didn't kill the wallet either at $136
so the only big negative on this weekend was me thinking I could kill 2 birds with one stone.
I decided I'd turn the oven on to Clean, and get a warm house out of it as a bonus.
Turned it on, ran for 20 minutes and I'm like cool, no smoke, cleaner oven than I thought.
So I left for BK for 20 minutes, come home and the entire home is engulfed in smoke from the oven....lol
Every room, the basement, probably the closets.
So with the furnace working, I'm going to open some doors and windows to try and get rid of this smell before spring.
lmao
I do have one nearly brand new oven now too 8-)
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Mon Jan 08, 2018

jcz1 wrote:
smackvay wrote:I’m a hvac guy and I will admit that if you have an old furnace that I would do everything I could to get it fixed. However the new ones are a lot more efficient and use less fuel to run

Can you define "old" in this context?

Anything pre 1995 or so as they were built like tanks

Like I said before the new ones will run circles around old ones when it comes to efficiency.
Help support bullionstacker by becoming a supporting member!!!
pm me for details or click on the support Bullionstacker button to the left
WVU Fan, just ask and I will tell you!!!!!

MrGaribaldi
Silver Supporter

Postby MrGaribaldi » Mon Jan 08, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:So I left for BK for 20 minutes, come home and the entire home is engulfed in smoke from the oven....lol
Every room, the basement, probably the closets.

Time to change the batteries in the smoke detectors. From your report it seems they didn't go off. Or if they did, you didn't mention it.
RIP Mom, 1928 - 2018

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018

I wasn't home, wouldn't have heard them from 3 miles away
I need a couple new units I think, mine are so sensitive, someone could have a firepit going outside and my units go off.
haha

mnymgr1

pretty damn good kite dance....

Postby mnymgr1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018

while they are 'just' kites, the work put into the whole routine by 6 people, pretty amazing to me.
and a great song on top of it all :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... SHLu51TS84

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Jan 10, 2018

Diet Coke fizzes up its line-up with 4 new flavors

Coca-Cola is launching four new flavors of Diet Coke aimed at Millennials. The new fruity flavors will arrive on shelves later this month. They'll feature new packaging in the form of a skinny 12-ounce can.

The iconic no-calorie drink will come in Ginger Lime, Feisty Cherry, Zesty Blood Orange and Twisted Mango, the company announced Wednesday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/diet-co ... avors.html
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Wed Jan 10, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:Diet Coke fizzes up its line-up with 4 new flavors

Coca-Cola is launching four new flavors of Diet Coke aimed at Millennials. The new fruity flavors will arrive on shelves later this month. They'll feature new packaging in the form of a skinny 12-ounce can.

The iconic no-calorie drink will come in Ginger Lime, Feisty Cherry, Zesty Blood Orange and Twisted Mango, the company announced Wednesday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/diet-co ... avors.html

Sounds like a new line of mixers.
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018

For lack of a better place to put this...

How to Protect Your Devices Against Meltdown, Spectre Bugs

https://www.pcmag.com/news/358286/how-t ... ectre-bugs

The thing I'm doing is a fix in the browser, since that is where most if not all of my internet activity originates:

Google Chrome users can enable Site Isolation, as discussed above. Meanwhile, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox have been updated to increase the time it takes to execute certain Java commands, which should mitigate the issue, according to a Mozilla blog post. Edge updates are rolled into the Microsoft security patch released on Wednesday, while Firefox users can click on About Firefox in the Help menu to see their update status.

Apple has its own fix for the Safari browser that is included in the Jan. 8 patches. According to the company's benchmark tests, the patch has little or no measurable impact on the browser's performance, the company said.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018

Blast from the Past:

Circuit City to relaunch as online store in February

Shmoel said Circuit City will launch a personalized online shopping experience Feb. 15 that melds e-commerce, social networking and solution selling to "allow the products to find the consumers" as they browse the site, Twice reported.

The site will include features such as videos, virtual vignettes, search-by-photo, augmented reality and real-time tech support through video chat.

IBM Watson's artificial intelligence commerce platform, which can learn customers' interests, will be used to support the site.

"The IBM web commerce platform will allow Circuit City to expand offerings for a personalized shopping experience and enhance the product discovery journey," Circuit City said.

Products available on the site will include computers, small appliances and smart-home products by vendors such as Samsung, Panasonic and Canon as well as smaller brands.

Following the launch of the site, Circuit City plans to expand to kiosks, then store-in-stores and finally showrooms.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018/01 ... 515715692/

If they make it back to "showrooms" I will be shocked. That was where they failed the first time.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Jan 13, 2018

Lost in space? Questions mount over fate of secret satellite as SpaceX pushes ahead

After reports Monday that the satellite suffered some sort of failure, SpaceX rushed to defend its reputation, denying that it had done anything wrong. Its Falcon 9 rocket “performed nominally,” it said.

NASA is counting on Elon Musk’s company to fly astronauts to the International Space Station, with test flights as early as this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 0f8243f772

:pop:

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sun Jan 14, 2018

Women taking their right to go topless to state's high court

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — In a case that pits freedom of expression and equality against public decency, three women are challenging a New Hampshire city ordinance prohibiting public nudity and taking it to the state's highest court.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/women-taking ... 32872.html

:thumbup:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Jan 14, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:Women taking their right to go topless to state's high court

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — In a case that pits freedom of expression and equality against public decency, three women are challenging a New Hampshire city ordinance prohibiting public nudity and taking it to the state's highest court.

"The law in the state of New Hampshire is that it is legal for a woman to go topless so we're trying to get the town of Laconia to recognize and to stay with the state,"

Yet another reason to move to N.H. :thumbup:

I've seen some gorgeous topless women sunbathing in Europe. The difficulty is not staring. Unfortunately the women in that photo who are all tatted up (tramp stamps and all) couldn't hold a candle to that type of beauty. I will miss some sweet things from Italy.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018

bankmining

Postby bankmining » Sun Jan 14, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:

"The law in the state of New Hampshire is that it is legal for a woman to go topless so we're trying to get the town of Laconia to recognize and to stay with the state,"

I've seen some gorgeous topless women sunbathing in Europe. The difficulty is not staring. Unfortunately the women in that photo who are all tatted up (tramp stamps and all) couldn't hold a candle to that type of beauty. I will miss some sweet things from Italy.

OK, at first I didn't click on tdtwedt's link, but after your comments I couldn't help but peek. :lol:

rottiesforever
Turtle Supporter

Postby rottiesforever » Sun Jan 14, 2018

Thanks for my Endorphin Rush! Funniest Thing I have seen in a long time! :lol:
Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
Turtles all the way down

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Tue Jan 16, 2018

this link is neither banter or drivel..................
http://slopeofhope.com/2012/01/inspirat ... kdale.html

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -- George S. Patton
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.” Winston Churchill

The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

chris6084

Postby chris6084 » Tue Jan 16, 2018

bankmining wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

OK, at first I didn't click on tdtwedt's link, but after your comments I couldn't help but peek. :lol:

A story about topless women. Wouldn't anybody click thinking "I hope there are pictures!"

MrGaribaldi
Silver Supporter

Postby MrGaribaldi » Wed Jan 17, 2018

Redefines - Drive thru Window -
RIP Mom, 1928 - 2018

Return to “Burgers and Beers”