BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby skylersfriend » Tue Jan 02, 2018

jcz1 wrote:
skylersfriend wrote:ALL THE THINGS I LEARNED THIS YEAR FROM THE INTERNET :shifty: :roll:

- AND THANKS TO YOUR GREAT ADVICE I can’t ever pick up $2.00 coin dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting to grab me as I bend over.

Did you move to Canada?

Nope, I stole it off the internet and either the original poster was Canadian or perhaps Australian.... 8-) But I did get a few of the "facts" in the inbox last year. :roll:
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.” Winston Churchill

The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Tue Jan 02, 2018

:clap:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018

First Blue Moon Total Lunar Eclipse in 150 Years Coming This Month

The first eclipse of 2018 will be a lunar one that comes at the very end of the month, on Jan. 31.

It will be a total eclipse that involves the second full moon of the month, popularly referred to as a Blue Moon. Such a skywatching event hasn't happened for more than 150 years.

The eclipse will take place during the middle of the night, and the Pacific Ocean will be turned toward the moon at the time. Central and eastern Asia, Indonesia, New Zealand and most of Australia will get a fine view of this moon show in the evening sky
To the east, Alaska, Hawaii and northwestern Canada will see the eclipse from start to finish. Moonset will intervene for the rest of North and Central America, however.

https://www.space.com/39241-first-blue- ... years.html
Democracy Dies in Darkness

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Thu Jan 04, 2018

It is starting to all make sense :shifty:
Attachments
service.JPG
service.JPG (60.45 KiB) Viewed 432 times
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.” Winston Churchill

The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018

damn, just lost my main furnace for main floor. pressure motor for the high efficiency piping burnt out.
have another furnace for basement, just have to get some of the heat upstairs so the pipes don't burst before I get a new motor hopefully on Monday.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Sat Jan 06, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:damn, just lost my main furnace for main floor. pressure motor for the high efficiency piping burnt out.
have another furnace for basement, just have to get some of the heat upstairs so the pipes don't burst before I get a new motor hopefully on Monday.

Good luck on the repairs.
ImageImageImage

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Sun Jan 07, 2018

Do you know any member with excess HOT AIR that could come and do their BS posting and help you heat your home? :D
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Jan 07, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:damn, just lost my main furnace for main floor. pressure motor for the high efficiency piping burnt out.

Until you get repairs done, let the water trickle through all taps and it shouldnt freeze. Open the cabinet doors below any sinks to circulate warm air too. Good luck with it, i really dont know how you guys up North make it through winter! Its times like these that im glad we have a fireplace.
ImageImageImage

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018

53 degrees upstairs overnight as I didn't want to leave the basement furnace run all night, hate the thermostat on that one, doesn't work well.
My buddy came over at 8am this morning and removed the pressure motor already, so I should have one tomorrow.
Told him if it is even close to a grand, I'll just throw out the old (12 year old) furnace and get a new one. They don't make them like they used to, that's for sure. I know many who have 30 year old furnaces running fine, he told me the metal is so thin on the new ones, they are designed for 10-15 year lives. Just ridiculous.

cmiller17363

Postby cmiller17363 » Sun Jan 07, 2018

It is super annoying that they engineer things to fail these days.
ImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sun Jan 07, 2018

Planned and engineered obsolesce should be neutered.

Silver Addict
Dunce

Postby Silver Addict » Sun Jan 07, 2018

Mines not been working very well lately, limping along (seems to be able to keep it around 62 degrees). Been turning the oven on, cracking the door, and have a pedistal fan in front of it. Keeps it a decent temp till I get the furnace guy over.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Jan 07, 2018

Silver Addict wrote:Mines not been working very well lately, limping along (seems to be able to keep it around 62 degrees). Been turning the oven on, cracking the door, and have a pedistal fan in front of it. Keeps it a decent temp till I get the furnace guy over.

Take a few kilns home. :idea:
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Sun Jan 07, 2018

I haven't tried to turn on my central heat in a few winters, I hope that it still works just in case. It's still very mild here in SoCal, it's been in the high 70's all week but probably lows 70's today.
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds

Nothing in there about this danger:

Aggressive wild turkeys in Rocky River interfere with mail delivery

ROCKY RIVER, Ohio -- A brood of aggressive wild turkeys have interfered with mail carriers' abilities to deliver mail to homes in a portion of the city.

The Rocky River branch of the United States Postal Service notified the city that the turkeys were creating unsafe conditions for the carriers delivering mail to homes on Edgewood Drive, Valley View Drive, High Parkway, Schlather Lane, East Shoreland Avenue and Winfield Avenue, Rocky River Mayor Pam Bobst said.

About 25 to 30 homes haven't been able to get their mail delivered, she said, and the problem has been lingering for about three weeks.

Mail carriers are attempting to deliver the mail, but they have nothing to steer the turkeys away. Residents have had to pick their mail up at the post office.

http://www.cleveland.com/rocky-river/in ... n_roc.html

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Sun Jan 07, 2018

I’m a hvac guy and I will admit that if you have an old furnace that I would do everything I could to get it fixed. However the new ones are a lot more efficient and use less fuel to run
Help support bullionstacker by becoming a supporting member!!!
pm me for details or click on the support Bullionstacker button to the left
WVU Fan, just ask and I will tell you!!!!!

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018

smackvay wrote:I’m a hvac guy and I will admit that if you have an old furnace that I would do everything I could to get it fixed. However the new ones are a lot more efficient and use less fuel to run

Can you define "old" in this context?

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018

If I had money to burn, the efficiency of new furnaces and A/C are well worth the cost of upgrading.
I spent quite a bit on my high efficiency A/C but settled for normal furnace. If I had to upgrade the furnace, I'd look at scratch and dent high efficiency. To get those around here, you gotta know a service guy / company owner as the big wholesalers keep those for their best customers and retail customers can't just walk in to those places anyway.

somewhat amazed that a big consolidation firm hasn't stepped in to 'open' up the a/c, furnace biz to retail. Think it's partially due to getting supplies from manufacturers who believe their best customers are tradesmen, not any kind of direct retail. I did find my induction motor assembly though at both direct online sites as well as ebay (used even for like $80!). But I can't wait until wednesday or thursday for delivery, need this fixed Monday. At least I know what a really good price is though, as I did see identical parts online close to $400 vs. ebay at $140ish shipped.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018

A new entry in the stupid criminals file:

Police say that Dustin Johnson, 22, spent seven hours filling up a shopping cart with thousands of dollars worth of products.

He wheeled the cart of stolen goods out of the store but it got stuck in the snow and tipped over.

He should have seen that coming, right? But wait, it gets worse:

Johnson tripped, abandoned the cart and fled the store on foot, police said, Grand Forks Herald reported.

Police say Johnson left behind his wallet, which contained his identification with his address.

Police arrested him at his home.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3741541

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Jan 08, 2018

Huge silver deposit discovered in Inner Mongolia

Chinese media is reporting that a large deposit of silver has been found in the autonomous region of Inner Mongolia.

According to Xinhua, the state-owned news agency, the deposit contains over 100 million tons of silver ore.

http://www.mining.com/huge-silver-depos ... -mongolia/

:shock:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”