BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
User avatar
Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter
Posts: 1386
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed May 09, 2018

iron-pyrite wrote:
Diggin4copper wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Brick's wrote:And while I ~love~ good coffee, I just can't get my brain to spend the ching on an expresso machine over 7 1/2 oz of silver or co-signing student loans for my kids. Which I will probably have to do anyway but every cent less is better.


After living in Italy for some time, my wife bought a cappuccino / espresso machine that I wish was that cheap. Way better than standard black coffee though, so I can't complain too much.


I’m in Venice now.. I had forgotten how good italian coffee is..




A good cup of coffee can make all the difference in the world.

And, for the quality of this. It really does not get much better unless you get a real professional machine that would be more than a Kilo or three of silver. Nespresso has them as well. You can spend as much as $2k and more. This really is a deal. I'm picking up mine in a few hours and I can't wait.

All though I am more excited about my next box from David. If I had to choose between the two.... Hmm..


Kinda funny.. the reason we are in Italy is to source a machine to make the pods for the nespresso for my wife’s company...
Outstanding!

User avatar
Brick's
Supporter
Posts: 1691
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012
Location: 'Cuse

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby Brick's » Wed May 09, 2018

I think my "while I ~love~ good coffee" has just set a personal record for being re-quoted. Perhaps I should stop talking about politics, the economy and the demise of civilization and blog about coffee?

It all started with the Original Trader Joe's in Santa Ana, CA located between our rented student's house and what was then called Santa Ana Community College . . .
"You pompously call your selves Republicans and Democrats. There is no Republican Party. There is no Democratic Party. There are no Republicans or Democrats in this house. You are Lick-Spittlers and panderers, the creatures of the plutocracy".
- Jack London

"It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
- Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President

User avatar
iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter
Posts: 1364
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017
Location: California

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby iron-pyrite » Wed May 09, 2018

Diggin4copper wrote:
iron-pyrite wrote:
Diggin4copper wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Brick's wrote:And while I ~love~ good coffee, I just can't get my brain to spend the ching on an expresso machine over 7 1/2 oz of silver or co-signing student loans for my kids. Which I will probably have to do anyway but every cent less is better.


After living in Italy for some time, my wife bought a cappuccino / espresso machine that I wish was that cheap. Way better than standard black coffee though, so I can't complain too much.


I’m in Venice now.. I had forgotten how good italian coffee is..




A good cup of coffee can make all the difference in the world.

And, for the quality of this. It really does not get much better unless you get a real professional machine that would be more than a Kilo or three of silver. Nespresso has them as well. You can spend as much as $2k and more. This really is a deal. I'm picking up mine in a few hours and I can't wait.

All though I am more excited about my next box from David. If I had to choose between the two.... Hmm..


Kinda funny.. the reason we are in Italy is to source a machine to make the pods for the nespresso for my wife’s company...



IMG_20180509_195846626.jpg
IMG_20180509_195846626.jpg (812.15 KiB) Viewed 498 times


This is a cup I can get behind!

And coffee is so much better than politics.

Diggin. We NEED to talk.
ImageImageImage

silverhead
Silver Supporter
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012
Location: Taxafornia

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby silverhead » Wed May 09, 2018

I am good with just a couple cups of Maxwell House a day. It fits my fixed income situation just fine. ;)
More power to all you foo foo coffee drinkers. :thumbup:
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter
Posts: 5870
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009
Location: "Live Free Or Die"

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby MasterBlaster » Wed May 09, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:Locally made Community Dark roast coffee brewed in a coffee maker from Walmart. No sugar, no cream, it doesnt get any better :P

Gotta love a splash of Grand Marnier or Sambuca in an after dinner cup :D Pure heaven :thumbup:
ImageImageImage

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4531
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Italy

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby SilverDoge » Thu May 10, 2018

natsb88 wrote:If you spend any time on YouTube or social media, you've probably seen the celebrity "dad joke" and "try not to laugh" stuff. Here's the much funnier libertarian version :lol:


How do you disappoint a libertarian with only one leppo? What's A-Leppo!?!?

:lol: :grinch: :lol: :grinch:

These guys are killing it
Image

User avatar
Purple and Gold
Posts: 7820
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu May 10, 2018

MasterBlaster wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:Locally made Community Dark roast coffee brewed in a coffee maker from Walmart. No sugar, no cream, it doesnt get any better :P

Gotta love a splash of Grand Marnier or Sambuca in an after dinner cup :D Pure heaven :thumbup:


I will have to try this :idea:
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Tractor Man
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Out standing in my field.

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby Tractor Man » Thu May 10, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
natsb88 wrote:If you spend any time on YouTube or social media, you've probably seen the celebrity "dad joke" and "try not to laugh" stuff. Here's the much funnier libertarian version :lol:


How do you disappoint a libertarian with only one leppo? What's A-Leppo!?!?

:lol: :grinch: :lol: :grinch:

These guys are killing it


That was the best one!
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Image Image Image

User avatar
mnymgr1
Posts: 10319
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010
Location: Midwest

I know this young lady isn't the perfect look for a lot of guys but

Postby mnymgr1 » Thu May 10, 2018

oh my gosh, she is just absolutely gorgeous imho
possibly a touch too 'muscle-y' but I'll fix that when I start cooking for her :D

banker by day, athlete/model/body builder by night :P

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2018/0 ... hours.html
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

User avatar
MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter
Posts: 5870
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009
Location: "Live Free Or Die"

Re: I know this young lady isn't the perfect look for a lot of guys but

Postby MasterBlaster » Fri May 11, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:oh my gosh, she is just absolutely gorgeous imho
possibly a touch too 'muscle-y' but I'll fix that when I start cooking for her :D

banker by day, athlete/model/body builder by night :P

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2018/0 ... hours.html

Dorian isn't that your Ex?
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1314
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015
Location: PCB FL

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Fri May 11, 2018

Peter Pan's Neverland exists and those named Peter or Wendy can get a free trip there

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/05/1 ... there.html

Any Peter’s and Wendy’s here?
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14945
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby MaxGravy » Thu May 17, 2018

Image

Russian pilot Valentin Privalov flying under the central span the bridge over river Ob. June 14, 1965.
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
Purple and Gold
Posts: 7820
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri May 18, 2018

24K wings anyone?

ImageImageImage

User avatar
Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1314
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015
Location: PCB FL

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Sun May 20, 2018

Didn’t want to start a new thread, but wondering if anyone else does any star gazing? I just got into it and really don’t know much about the equipment. Right now all I have is basically a cheap Walmart telescope(a gift that kind of triggered the fun). Does anyone know of a cheap set up for the average guy? I know some are using some sort of Nikon camera’s and getting some great shots, but that is outside my budget for right now. Looking for something for a beginner with a small budget($500-$600 at the absolute highest, lower would be better). Any ideas or experiences for the beginner? Or should I keep going with my Walmart telescope? I feel like I can do and see better, just I’m budget strapped.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

User avatar
Brick's
Supporter
Posts: 1691
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012
Location: 'Cuse

Re: I know this young lady isn't the perfect look for a lot of guys but

Postby Brick's » Sun May 20, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:oh my gosh, she is just absolutely gorgeous imho
possibly a touch too 'muscle-y' but I'll fix that when I start cooking for her :D

banker by day, athlete/model/body builder by night :P


Absolutely gorgeous - especially when not made up

A touch to muscle-y - naaa, I'm good with what she's got

A hair to lean - yea, when the ribs are sticking out she's to lean. But just a hair. Won't take much cooking at all to smooth those rumble strips out.
"You pompously call your selves Republicans and Democrats. There is no Republican Party. There is no Democratic Party. There are no Republicans or Democrats in this house. You are Lick-Spittlers and panderers, the creatures of the plutocracy".
- Jack London

"It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
- Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President


Return to “Burgers and Beers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest