To all our members in the way of bad weather....

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Re: To all our members in the way of bad weather....

Postby tdtwedt » Thu Sep 13, 2018

There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Sep 14, 2018

Florence made landfall as a Category 1 hurricane at 7:15 a.m. at Wrightsville Beach, a few miles east of Wilmington, as the center of its eye moved onshore, the National Hurricane Center said.

https://apnews.com/b8f08c9c8ae648a19dbf ... .-Carolina

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Video: Cajun Navy rescuing residents from rapidly rising tidal surge in New Bern, NC

https://twitter.com/ReedTimmerAccu/stat ... 4526473216

rottiesforever
Turtle Supporter

Postby rottiesforever » Fri Sep 14, 2018

Saying prayers for all the folks caught in this latest Storm. After several months of crazy weather and weather threats here in Hawaii, I really feel for everyone in the path of Florence.
Stay Safe everyone! Prayers going your way!!

:turtle: :turtle:
Turtles all the way down

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Fri Sep 14, 2018

:lol: :clap: :lol:

Remember this when paying your cable bill, folks... Actors ain't cheap! :mrgreen:

spacemanx

Postby spacemanx » Fri Sep 14, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:Weather channel drama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFh-X1bv4P0

:lol:

priceless, living in florida, it reminds me of a few years ago when a 'new' newscaster saying how windy it is while shaking a cabbage palm branch. never saw that newsman again.

likely blew over like a snowflake.

on a serious note. praying for those affected by Florence for safety. along with the first responders

slickeast

Postby slickeast » Fri Sep 14, 2018

I'm in Lancaster SC. About 30 miles south of Charlotte. They are saying we will get 12-15" of rain. I live on the top of a hill so i'm not concerned about flooding. I have a generator if we lose power.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
Image Image Image

pitw
Gold Supporter

Postby pitw » Sat Sep 15, 2018

rottiesforever wrote:Saying prayers for all the folks caught in this latest Storm. After several months of crazy weather and weather threats here in Hawaii, I really feel for everyone in the path of Florence.
Stay Safe everyone! Prayers going your way!!

:turtle: :turtle:

Was just thinking about you and am hoping you are safe as well as everyone involved with this latest wreck.

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Sat Sep 15, 2018

Praying for the best in the Philippines as Super typhoon Mangkhut hits. It's a Cat5 as apposed to our local one here in the States that checks in as a Cat1. Hell being unleashed.
ImageAlways buying 2016 Rodebaugh Rolos

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Sat Sep 15, 2018

Weather Channel defends reporter captured swaying in Florence winds as 2 people walk behind him

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/15/we ... d-him.html
:pop:
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Sat Sep 15, 2018

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/15/us ... ve-tv.html

I didn’t know that the hand gesture for “ok” was racist. Is it just me or are they really teaching on this?
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

CCC2010
Turtle Supporter

Postby CCC2010 » Sat Sep 15, 2018

That is freaking ridiculous!!! If that was the case then were all racist at some point in our lives because we used the OK sign. Is this really for real? He was removed for scratching the side of his face and making an OK sign? What if he was just signaling his loved ones that he is OK? Racist? For real!? That's kind of dumb. Next time they will say I'm a Lefty if i use the Peace sign with my fingers.
Image WTB:6 oz YPS Golf Ball. Pls.PM me.

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Sat Sep 15, 2018

Super Stacker PCB wrote:US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/15/us ... ve-tv.html

I didn’t know that the hand gesture for “ok” was racist. Is it just me or are they really teaching on this?

I agree its stupid but the left has been offended over that symbol for a while. But what arnt they offended by
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Sep 15, 2018

Forgot to mention to charge all cell phones and extra batteries. Try not to open your fridge or freezer.
From my experience of working hurricane repair, If your power goes off the repair crews wont come out until it is safe for them. If you live near a police/ fire station or hospital, or you happen to be on the same circuit as they are, you will get your service back on first. If you are isolated or on a circuit with few people its going to be awhile. They will concentrate on getting the most homes on as possible, also the crews will isolate problem areas by switching and opening line fuses between problem areas.
The line crews have to wait on tree trimming crews to clear the downed trees and large limbs before they can begin restoration repairs. First thing the linemen have to do is to patrol every foot of power lines and report their findings. Been there done that hundreds of times, it aint no joy ride, some lines have to be walked out. They can not renew the electricity until the entire circuit is confirmed to be clear of any obstructions, poles/cross arms or lines down.
May God Bless the people of NC and SC
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Sep 15, 2018

CNN Anderson Cooper standing in a roadside ditch :roll:
Attachments
41767574_716946928656708_1218029497962463232_n.jpg
41767574_716946928656708_1218029497962463232_n.jpg (87.48 KiB) Viewed 262 times
ImageImageImage

deenz
Silver Supporter

Postby deenz » Mon Sep 17, 2018

Florence's impact locally was minimal here- it was like a 5 day thunderstorm with some debris. Part of my neighborhood lost power for 2 days, but we had ours the whole time. The kids are out of school again today as other parts of my city and county (Wake) got hit harder by floods and winds. Still some tornadoes in the southeast area and surrounding counties. I know other parts of the state were hit much harder, and will continue to be in trouble with the rain heading down the rivers.
If you haven't seen any of the home videos mocking CNN/TWC, please find one- blowers, hoses, people tossing stuff at the 'reporter'. They have lightened the mood after being stuck inside for a few days.

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Mon Sep 17, 2018

I'm better off than many,but this one has put a whooping on me. Roof,insulation,drywall damage, no power since thursday and counting. $172 just in gas for generator . Not to mention the 799 for the Gen. All roads out from my neighborhood are under water except 1. Hope it will remain open. Food? Gas? Wah ha ha ha... riiiiight.... river Won't crest till Thursday. The chaos has/is been so much fun. At the end of the day I'm still very blessed. Just a little inconvenienced for the time being
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Mon Sep 17, 2018

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:I'm better off than many,but this one has put a whooping on me. Roof,insulation,drywall damage, no power since thursday and counting. $172 just in gas for generator . Not to mention the 799 for the Gen. All roads out from my neighborhood are under water except 1. Hope it will remain open. Food? Gas? Wah ha ha ha... riiiiight.... river Won't crest till Thursday. The chaos has/is been so much fun. At the end of the day I'm still very blessed. Just a little inconvenienced for the time being

My newspaper had a story about a food store opening up in Wilmington and reported that some of the people lined up were shouting " We need Dog food and wine!" :? :lol:
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Sep 17, 2018

Return to “Burgers and Beers”