Netflix/Amazon Recommendations

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Rastatodd

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Dec 27, 2014

I love "Sherlock" watch both seasons and I'm high and dry waiting for the new season to begin. Benedict Cumberbatch is a great Sherlock. Problem with this series is that each season consists of maybe three or four episodes and that's it. On my Roku I have the BBC Chanel. BBC kicks azz.

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Sat Dec 27, 2014

Marco Polo is a great series. If your into history and war fighting scenes
Like Gladiator and 300. Blasted through the series in like 4 days!

Bham
Gold Supporter

Postby Bham » Sat Dec 27, 2014

I can't beleieve nobody has mentioned Lilyhammer. The series is filmed mostly in Norway and stars Steven Van Zandt. Sorta like the Sopranos but funny as hell. Two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup:!
ImageImageImage

silverhoarder3
Gold Supporter

Postby silverhoarder3 » Sat Dec 27, 2014

Bham wrote:I can't beleieve nobody has mentioned Lilyhammer. The series is filmed mostly in Norway and stars Steven Van Zandt. Sorta like the Sopranos but funny as hell. Two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup:!

Bham- I agree with you for the first series. I enjoyed the second series, but it was more difficult to follow due to no subtitles. I haven't started the third, I'm assuming you liked it.
ImageImageImage

Bham
Gold Supporter

Postby Bham » Sat Dec 27, 2014

That's odd, I thought it had subtitles on the second season too. I'll check that...could you have had the subtitles turned off :?

silverhoarder3 wrote:
Bham wrote:I can't beleieve nobody has mentioned Lilyhammer. The series is filmed mostly in Norway and stars Steven Van Zandt. Sorta like the Sopranos but funny as hell. Two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup:!

Bham- I agree with you for the first series. I enjoyed the second series, but it was more difficult to follow due to no subtitles. I haven't started the third, I'm assuming you liked it.
ImageImageImage

dae2dae
Gold Jester

Postby dae2dae » Sat Dec 27, 2014

had subtitles for me as well. :? :?
Bham wrote:That's odd, I thought it had subtitles on the second season too. I'll check that...could you have had the subtitles turned off :?

silverhoarder3 wrote:

“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

silverhoarder3
Gold Supporter

Postby silverhoarder3 » Sat Dec 27, 2014

dae2dae wrote:had subtitles for me as well. :? :?
Bham wrote:That's odd, I thought it had subtitles on the second season too. I'll check that...could you have had the subtitles turned off :?

silverhoarder3 wrote:

My bad, must of had them turned off ;)
ImageImageImage

Coinfolio

Postby Coinfolio » Sat Dec 27, 2014

For those who liked Orange is the new Black, (me) Wentworth is very similar and yet very entertaining. I also like : IP man, 4 minute mile and marco polo.
Get free money back on many internet purchases. Click on link for ez sign up, message me with any questions and I will help you. http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=373651

Gaby_Collectibles

Postby Gaby_Collectibles » Sat Dec 27, 2014

Longmire is another good series to watch
Modern day sheriff in Montana

Copper - set in the 1860's - about an Irish cop in New York City

The 100 - set in the future and about a group of people that return to earth years after a nuclear war

all 3 are pretty fun to watch

Marsh

Postby Marsh » Sat Dec 27, 2014

AndeanCat wrote:Orange is the New Black. A friend gave me the first series on DVD. Was funny.

I want to watch the second season.

I like Dexter. But, some seasons are better than others.

Up to the fourth season of dexter was amazing

quitquit

Postby quitquit » Sun Dec 28, 2014

200 pounds of beauty
flowers of war
I accept cash, check/mo, zelle, bank of america transfer, chase quickpay, wells fargo surepay, popmoney, bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin

join mr.rebates for great deals including 1% cashback at ebay! use this link for my referral

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=368229

Get $10 if you buy or sell bitcoin, ethereum, or litecoin here
https://www.coinbase.com/join/58acf90fb33c48007f8ebb27

Brucifer
Silver Supporter

Postby Brucifer » Mon Dec 29, 2014

After seeing the name of the series here, I started watching Dexter. I’m a couple episodes into it now and I just took a look at the Silver BST. I find that pix of stuff for sale that have hands and fingers showing in the shots are now eerily unsettling...

Kobeck

Postby Kobeck » Sat Jan 03, 2015

Commanding Heights

Who would have thought a documentary about economics would be so exciting. Anyways its a PBS miniseries/documentary.
Go Titans

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Jan 06, 2015

mnymgr1 wrote:Willow
Real Genius
Independence Day
Powder, about a boy affected by lightning when he was still unborn
It's a Wonderful Life

after reading about Powders main character, I stumbled upon this one that is going into my netflix Queue, unless someone here tells me to not waste my time.... The Boondock Saints ???

LOL you are the only person besides myself that I've ever heard reference that movie. We had a friend in high school that was pale as a ghost that we nicknamed "powderson" after that movie. Yeah we were jerks. lol

Great show if it hasn't already been mentioned is Hell on Wheels.
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

lookinfordeals

Postby lookinfordeals » Thu Feb 05, 2015

Watching that right now. Great series! Thanks.

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Thu Feb 05, 2015

a couple years old. but I really enjoyed Princess of Versailles!

documentary about a rich azz couple building Americas largest house. at the midst of building the dream house the financial crisis of 2008 hit.

one of my most memorable docs for sure

DeLorean Boy

Postby DeLorean Boy » Thu Feb 05, 2015

I admit I only read the last page so it's probably been mentioned, but "House of Cards" is worth the Netflix subscription alone.

Another one was Breaking Bad...I never saw a single episode until it was out on Netflix...had no idea what I was missing, awesome series

I watched the entire series over a 2 to 3 month span while either in my office or on the treadmill.

Cointreau

Postby Cointreau » Sun Feb 08, 2015

Orphan Black looks interesting.
Anyway, if you like costume dramas then Wolf Hall is for you. Set during the reign of Henry V111.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... eview.html.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Feb 08, 2015

Rocket City Rednecks

I'm clearly not very bright.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Feb 19, 2015

Brain Games

Very cool 3 part series.

In this episode about memory, we're going to show you what memory is, why you even have one, and why you keep forgetting where you put those darn keys!
I'm clearly not very bright.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”