Netflix Recommendations

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Netflix Recommendations

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Nov 27, 2012

My tastes are not main stream, but thought I'd share a few winners I've seen recently. Feel free to pile on. :D

-The Man From Earth
(Absolutely LOVE this movie and can't wait to read the book)

-The Ambassador

-A Cat in Paris

-Cave of Forgotten Dreams

-A/k/a Tommy Chong
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
Induz
Gold Supporter
Posts: 3635
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby Induz » Tue Nov 27, 2012

I watched 2 movies last week which I would recommend

God Bless America

The Magic of Belle Isle

BTW, I too liked The Man from Earth a lot and have recommended it to several people over the years :D
I accept Postal Money Orders, Personal Checks, Chase P2P and Dwolla. Shipping prices does not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.


Image Image Image Image

User avatar
GoldGoldandGold
Dunce
Posts: 3770
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009
Location: Bay Area

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby GoldGoldandGold » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Warrior

Headhunter

More to come...
I do accept free gold

User avatar
GoldGoldandGold
Dunce
Posts: 3770
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009
Location: Bay Area

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby GoldGoldandGold » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Rounder

Good will hunting

The constant gardener

Margin Call

The Hunt for red october

K-19 - the widowmaker

Ofcourse these are the ones that everyone knows of...
I do accept free gold

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Make Believe (Teen Magician competition)
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
Induz
Gold Supporter
Posts: 3635
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby Induz » Tue Nov 27, 2012

I accept Postal Money Orders, Personal Checks, Chase P2P and Dwolla. Shipping prices does not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.


Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Raddoc
Posts: 2027
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby Raddoc » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Tropic Thunder

The Watch
ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
mnymgr1
Posts: 10063
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010
Location: Midwest

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby mnymgr1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Willow
Real Genius
Independence Day
Powder, about a boy affected by lightning when he was still unborn
It's a Wonderful Life

after reading about Powders main character, I stumbled upon this one that is going into my netflix Queue, unless someone here tells me to not waste my time.... The Boondock Saints ???
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

User avatar
Raddoc
Posts: 2027
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby Raddoc » Tue Nov 27, 2012

mnymgr1 wrote:Willow
Real Genius
Independence Day
Powder, about a boy affected by lightning when he was still unborn
It's a Wonderful Life

after reading about Powders main character, I stumbled upon this one that is going into my netflix Queue, unless someone here tells me to not waste my time.... The Boondock Saints ???


Boondock Saints is great. Definitely in my top 10 movies of all time.

True Romance is another great film.
ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
captainpooby
Posts: 1778
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012
Location: USA

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby captainpooby » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Act of Valor has been on NF for a few weeks.
Being happy is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but no one can feel the warmth except you.



ImageImage

Ryan
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009
Location: California

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby Ryan » Tue Nov 27, 2012

if a documentary matters?

March of the penguins

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Ryan wrote:if a documentary matters?

March of the penguins


Great flick! And for the record, I "prefer" documentaries.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
carssman
Posts: 2229
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby carssman » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Raddoc wrote:
mnymgr1 wrote:Willow
Real Genius
Independence Day
Powder, about a boy affected by lightning when he was still unborn
It's a Wonderful Life

after reading about Powders main character, I stumbled upon this one that is going into my netflix Queue, unless someone here tells me to not waste my time.... The Boondock Saints ???


Boondock Saints is great. Definitely in my top 10 movies of all time.

True Romance is another great film.



Yes and Yes both are sweet classics and someone else mentioned Willow,, Awesome movies..!


I didnt know this but Canada Netflix is seriously underplayed vs. the US. Licensing issues have plagued the Canadian netflix market. I did not know this until my old roomate hooked me up with a US IP on my home PC.. The US netflix is wayy better!!!!!!! Its too bad I forgot how because im back to crappy Cad netflix :( Ill figure it out again soon im sure.

didochili
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby didochili » Tue Nov 27, 2012

watched a couple of good Korean movies lately:

untold scandal
revenge trilogy

DanRitz
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010
Location: The burbs of Chicago

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby DanRitz » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Bubba Ho Tep
Ralphie May
Captian America and Thor

Dan

User avatar
SilverRider
Posts: 1258
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby SilverRider » Tue Nov 27, 2012

V for Vendetta <--I had to watch this one more than once to 'get' it, now it's my favorite movie
Braveheart
Kung Fu Hustle (and/or Shaolin Soccer)
LOTR series, EXTENDED EDITION (just bought it on Blu Ray on Black Friday)
Looking to buy Pre-2010 £2 Britannias (Proof/Regular, Graded/Ungraded, must be 69-70 BU quality)

User avatar
captainpooby
Posts: 1778
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012
Location: USA

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby captainpooby » Tue Nov 27, 2012

carssman wrote:
Raddoc wrote:
mnymgr1 wrote:Willow
Real Genius
Independence Day
Powder, about a boy affected by lightning when he was still unborn
It's a Wonderful Life

after reading about Powders main character, I stumbled upon this one that is going into my netflix Queue, unless someone here tells me to not waste my time.... The Boondock Saints ???


Boondock Saints is great. Definitely in my top 10 movies of all time.

True Romance is another great film.



Yes and Yes both are sweet classics and someone else mentioned Willow,, Awesome movies..!


I didnt know this but Canada Netflix is seriously underplayed vs. the US. Licensing issues have plagued the Canadian netflix market. I did not know this until my old roomate hooked me up with a US IP on my home PC.. The US netflix is wayy better!!!!!!! Its too bad I forgot how because im back to crappy Cad netflix :( Ill figure it out again soon im sure.



Just google ip spoofer for tv. ;)
Being happy is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but no one can feel the warmth except you.



ImageImage

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Instant Watcher is a great site for searching Netflix. Much better than Netflix search. You can sort most popular, by year, recent, ratings, etc.

Documentaries:
Note by Note: The Making of Steinway L1037 8-)
The Yes Men fix the World
Stephen Fry in America
Religulous
[sarc]Justin Bieber: Never Say Never[/sarc] :lol:

For engaging lectures on a variety of topics, search for TED. Not sure if Netflix still has them, but they are free on the net.
TED: Riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world

And of course, TOP GEAR!
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
Induz
Gold Supporter
Posts: 3635
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby Induz » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Trainspotting

Everything Must Go
I accept Postal Money Orders, Personal Checks, Chase P2P and Dwolla. Shipping prices does not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.


Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Induz
Gold Supporter
Posts: 3635
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Postby Induz » Tue Nov 27, 2012

Recommend only the ones which can be watched instantly. Please?
I accept Postal Money Orders, Personal Checks, Chase P2P and Dwolla. Shipping prices does not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.


Image Image Image Image


Return to “Burgers and Beers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests