Fantasy Football info

Announcements and Info
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Re: Fantasy Football info

Postby BarsandStars » Thu Jul 30, 2015

I want in this year!
Payments accepted via Paypal (no fee or add 2.9%), Check, USPS MO, or Cash (Item will ship when funds are received)

Check out my eBay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/barsandstars/m.html

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Sat Aug 01, 2015

I'm not seeing where our league is a keeper league. Are we changing that this year? I'd prefer it stays as a keeper league...
ImageImageImage

ZIPS5000
Gold Supporter

Postby ZIPS5000 » Sat Aug 01, 2015

PeacePeople wrote:I'm not seeing where our league is a keeper league. Are we changing that this year? I'd prefer it stays as a keeper league...

Yeah, I think it just has to be switched to that (i.e. click a button), it's pretty easy.

standjw

Postby standjw » Fri Aug 07, 2015

Keeper league draft set for September 5th at 9pm EST. any objections, lemme hear them
Also, keeper declaration deadline is September 1st. Don't forget. The draft this year will be reverse of last year's finish spots as requested last season. We have three teams still not renewed. Tyco, Thunderducks, and Spider Monkeys. Guys? Where you at?

Refresh of Keeper rules:
# of Keepers -2 - You can keep 0 1 or 2 players from your team this year. You do not have to keep any if you do not want to.

Penalty for keepers - 1 round higher then they were drafted. If you have 2 guys from the same round to keep then the second player makes you lose your next round higher. Example, I want to keep Alshon Jeffrey who was drafted in the 10th round. Next season Jeffrey will automatically be sloted into my 9th round pick and will not be available for anyone else to draft him.

Limit to keepers - No player drafted in the first 2 rounds can be kept. You can only keep players that were drafted in round 3 or later. Undrafted players will cound as 17th round picks and if you keep 2 undrafted players they will go against your 16th and 17th round picks.
"The strong do what they will, and the weak suffer what they must."
-Thucydides

standjw

Annual BS league we have 6 members that have not renewed as of yet, and two open slots will put us at 14 team league. I have one name on the queue thus far. I have sent two emails as reminders to the email addresses used last year, if you had a team, and are using a new address you need to let me know or re-up by August 21st or you will be dropped :thumbdown: . In the meantime, I'm making a list for new players, in the order received. Buy in is $100. 65-25-10 payout for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively. If the response is overwhelming, I will start another league. PM me with any questions.
-Thucydides

ZIPS5000
Gold Supporter

Postby ZIPS5000 » Fri Aug 07, 2015

standjw wrote:Keeper league draft set for September 5th at 9pm EST. any objections, lemme hear them
Also, keeper declaration deadline is September 1st. Don't forget. The draft this year will be reverse of last year's finish spots as requested last season. We have three teams still not renewed. Tyco, Thunderducks, and Spider Monkeys. Guys? Where you at?

Refresh of Keeper rules:
# of Keepers -2 - You can keep 0 1 or 2 players from your team this year. You do not have to keep any if you do not want to.

Penalty for keepers - 1 round higher then they were drafted. If you have 2 guys from the same round to keep then the second player makes you lose your next round higher. Example, I want to keep Alshon Jeffrey who was drafted in the 10th round. Next season Jeffrey will automatically be sloted into my 9th round pick and will not be available for anyone else to draft him.

Limit to keepers - No player drafted in the first 2 rounds can be kept. You can only keep players that were drafted in round 3 or later. Undrafted players will cound as 17th round picks and if you keep 2 undrafted players they will go against your 16th and 17th round picks.

I can't do the 5th - I have a wedding. I can do the 4th, 6th, or 7th though...

standjw

Anybody got a problem with 9pm Est on the 4th?
-Thucydides

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Fri Aug 07, 2015

I'm in. ThunderDucks in the keeper and Aggies in the silver. :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Aug 09, 2015

So far 10 of 12 are signed up in the keeper league, but only 7 of 12 in the silver league.

I can see adding 2 players in silver but not the keeper league. It wouldn't be fair to the new players.

Thunderducks!

Aggies!
ImageImageImage

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Sun Aug 09, 2015

MaxGravy wrote:So far 10 of 12 are signed up in the keeper league, but only 7 of 12 in the silver league.

I can see adding 2 players in silver but not the keeper league. It wouldn't be fair to the new players.

Thunderducks!

Aggies!

I don't think it's unfair. It may put them at a bit of a disadvantage this year, but there is a price that needs to be paid to get into established keeper leagues. You can also add into that the risk keepers present, sometimes they can be a great value and other times they can cost you dearly. The 2 guys I kept last year did nothing all year, so they may seem like good risks, they are still risks.
ImageImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Aug 09, 2015

PeacePeople wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:So far 10 of 12 are signed up in the keeper league, but only 7 of 12 in the silver league.

I don't think it's unfair. It may put them at a bit of a disadvantage this year, but there is a price that needs to be paid to get into established keeper leagues. You can also add into that the risk keepers present, sometimes they can be a great value and other times they can cost you dearly. The 2 guys I kept last year did nothing all year, so they may seem like good risks, they are still risks.

Works for me. 14 teams would mean a higher payout. Looks like we're missing Spider Monkeys and Tyco in the keeper league.

I'd also like to play the pick'em league again this year. I'll even volunteer to run it if Tyco isn't available.
ImageImageImage

ZIPS5000
Gold Supporter

Postby ZIPS5000 » Sun Aug 09, 2015

Other thing is they could just take over the teams they are replacing.

Recluse
Gold Supporter

Postby Recluse » Sun Aug 09, 2015

MaxGravy wrote:d also like to play the pick'em league again this year. I'll even volunteer to run it if Tyco isn't available.

I pm`d Tyco a couple days ago to inquire about the pickem contest but I havn`t heard anything yet.

hkut7835

Postby hkut7835 » Mon Aug 10, 2015

PeacePeople wrote:

Thunderducks!

Aggies!

Both teams have quality keeper options if that's the way it would go. Some leagues make new teams have 0 keepers, while others just let them take over the teams they replace. No idea how Yahoo works, I'm guessing they would start with 0 keepers though.
ImageImage

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Mon Aug 17, 2015

When is the draft and signup for the pick em league for those of us that do not want to be in a keeper league?

This is my first year donating to the cause so be easy on me :wave:
Payments accepted via Paypal (no fee or add 2.9%), Check, USPS MO, or Cash (Item will ship when funds are received)

Check out my eBay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/barsandstars/m.html

standjw

Postby standjw » Mon Aug 17, 2015

I will set the draft time and date tonight. All participants for either league pm me for buy in information I will send payment details tonight.
-Thucydides

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Aug 17, 2015

thepmetalstacker wrote:When is the draft and signup for the pick em league for those of us that do not want to be in a keeper league?

Tyco should be setting up the keeper league soon.
ImageImageImage

ZIPS5000
Gold Supporter

Postby ZIPS5000 » Mon Aug 17, 2015

MaxGravy wrote:
thepmetalstacker wrote:When is the draft and signup for the pick em league for those of us that do not want to be in a keeper league?

That will put us at 11. Who is the 12th from last year?

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Aug 17, 2015

ZIPS5000 wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:

My bad. I meant the pick'em league.
ImageImageImage

ZIPS5000
Gold Supporter

Postby ZIPS5000 » Mon Aug 17, 2015

MaxGravy wrote:
ZIPS5000 wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:

My bad. I meant the pick'em league.

No worries.

Are we picking up 2 newbies or are we rolling with 10 in the keeper league? That question is open to anyone.

Return to “BS News!”