Input Needed for Website Improvements

Announcements and Info
User avatar
DRP270
Site Admin
Posts: 8577
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby DRP270 » Sun May 10, 2015

lucky43113 wrote:
joefro wrote:I think I recall someone else already suggesting this, but it would be nice if when you click a link in a thread that it would open it in a new tab instead of redirecting your current tab away from BS. I don't always remember to hit Cnrt+click to make it open in a new tab. Very minor suggestion, but if you're already working on the code... ;)

I just click the link with the scroll wheel of my mouse


+1 scroll wheel does it.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
joefro
Site Tech
Posts: 2962
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby joefro » Sun May 10, 2015

Who uses a desktop computer with a mouse these days? :lol: ;)

User avatar
lucky43113
Posts: 2630
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby lucky43113 » Sun May 10, 2015

joefro wrote:Who uses a desktop computer with a mouse these days? :lol: ;)



lol when using a mouse is considered old school
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin


ImageImage Image

User avatar
RookieStacker
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013
Location: Sonova Beach

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby RookieStacker » Mon May 11, 2015

joefro wrote:I think I recall someone else already suggesting this, but it would be nice if when you click a link in a thread that it would open it in a new tab instead of redirecting your current tab away from BS. I don't always remember to hit Cnrt+click to make it open in a new tab. Very minor suggestion, but if you're already working on the code... ;)


x2

:thumbup:

User avatar
Townes
Gold Supporter
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012
Location: The Republic of Texas

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby Townes » Mon May 11, 2015

Likely to already have been suggested, but a BS app would rock my house :angel:

User avatar
dae2dae
Gold Jester
Posts: 8056
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012
Location: Los angeles

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby dae2dae » Mon Jun 01, 2015

a separate bst for palladium if it is not difficult
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
DRP270
Site Admin
Posts: 8577
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby DRP270 » Mon Jun 01, 2015

dae2dae wrote:a separate bst for palladium if it is not difficult


Why? Not that much Pd comes through here.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
grantwoodisgold
Posts: 1602
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby grantwoodisgold » Sun Jun 07, 2015

gents,

i was trying attach a pic in a pm and all formats i tried were not accepted,

what pic format works for pm"s ?

thanks
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

User avatar
PeacePeople
Moderator
Posts: 13294
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011
Location: Canyonlands National Park, USA

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby PeacePeople » Sun Jun 07, 2015

grantwoodisgold wrote:gents,

i was trying attach a pic in a pm and all formats i tried were not accepted,

what pic format works for pm"s ?

thanks


I attach the thumbnail from photobucket, they click it and get the full sized pic.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
grantwoodisgold
Posts: 1602
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby grantwoodisgold » Sun Jun 07, 2015

thanks PeacePeople,

i was trying to upload from my computer w/o having to photobucket it, is this possible?

jpg, tif, png. etc didn't work
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

User avatar
PeacePeople
Moderator
Posts: 13294
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011
Location: Canyonlands National Park, USA

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby PeacePeople » Sun Jun 07, 2015

grantwoodisgold wrote:thanks PeacePeople,

i was trying to upload from my computer w/o having to photobucket it, is this possible?

jpg, tif, png. etc didn't work


I haven't found a way, that's the main reason I use photobucket.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
grantwoodisgold
Posts: 1602
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby grantwoodisgold » Sun Jun 07, 2015

ok, photobucket or nothing it is (i kinda don't like photobucket)

thanks
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

User avatar
grantwoodisgold
Posts: 1602
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby grantwoodisgold » Mon Jun 08, 2015

i really appreciate the help, humor, etc here and maybe a reputation, like, thumbs up etc system so we don't burn PM's or pump post counts with thanks, lols, etc.
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

User avatar
TTrav
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011
Location: USA

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby TTrav » Mon Jun 22, 2015

If this exists, I think I should have stumbled on it here, or I am blind. The latter is certainly a possibility.

Is there a way to mark all topics on all forums as read. I know that I can click on the mark topics read for the individual sub-forums, but I would like to have a broad and sweeping mark everything read if that's possible.

Again, I might be blind...

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Jun 22, 2015

TTrav wrote:If this exists, I think I should have stumbled on it here, or I am blind. The latter is certainly a possibility.

Is there a way to mark all topics on all forums as read. I know that I can click on the mark topics read for the individual sub-forums, but I would like to have a broad and sweeping mark everything read if that's possible.

Again, I might be blind...


Go to the homepage and click "General Forums" at the top of the page.

Then at the bottom right you'll see a button that says: "Mark Forums Read"

You'll need to do this for "Marketplace" as well.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

pitw
Gold Supporter
Posts: 2081
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014
Location: Alberta

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby pitw » Mon Jun 22, 2015

I don't see that but my eyesight is going. :oops:

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Jun 22, 2015

pitw wrote:I don't see that but my eyesight is going. :oops:


Image


Image
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

pitw
Gold Supporter
Posts: 2081
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014
Location: Alberta

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby pitw » Mon Jun 22, 2015

Yep that is where I'm looking and no such thing on my computer. :shock:
Thanks for being sooooooooo good with screen shots and such. :thumbup:

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Jun 22, 2015

pitw wrote:Yep that is where I'm looking and no such thing on my computer. :shock:
Thanks for being sooooooooo good with screen shots and such. :thumbup:


That's odd. I just tried from my test account (GavyMarx) and also "assumed" your permissions and the button is definitely there.

Is anyone else NOT seeing the "Mark Forums Read" button?
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14088
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Jun 22, 2015

Click "General Forums" first.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!


Return to “BS News!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest