Input Needed for Website Improvements

Announcements and Info
mryoga

Re: Input Needed for Website Improvements

Postby mryoga » Wed Nov 18, 2009

Put spot prices somewhere on every page so that we won't have to keep going back and forth when checking "Great Deals."
ImageImage
Life Is But A Dream

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Wed Nov 18, 2009

There was a thread where folks made suggestions so you may want to check there. One I have is that when you click a link it opens a new window so you do not lose your place on BS.
ImageImageImage

Jangles

Postby Jangles » Wed Nov 18, 2009

It would be nice to have the "View New Posts" link at the top & bottom of the page.

unixmd5crypt
Location: Somedays You're The Bug, and Other Days the Windshield.

Postby unixmd5crypt » Wed Nov 18, 2009

Have a news page that aggregates all of the top stories from our favorite places like 123 gold etc. This can be accomplished for free by combining the various news sites RSS feeds with Yahoo Pipes.

unixmd5crypt

Postby unixmd5crypt » Wed Nov 18, 2009

Also,

Try and negotiate deals with some sellers like Monarch to give a discount to members, this would add value to becoming a member here and should also be free for Ice to do, less the time spent asking.

apdigs8

Postby apdigs8 » Wed Nov 18, 2009

Maybe a 'paypal' donate button so the rest of you guys can help keep the site going. Also maybe a PO box address to send donations to or contact the owners of the site. Maybe the PO box would be an unnecessary expense though.

Also I like Unix's idea, if we could get discounts from MPM or anyone else, or get any type of business to advertise here that would be cool, even if you have to offer to advertise for free at first, eventually as we get bigger they will see some value in it, and hopefully pay money to BS in exchange for the ad space or pass on discounts to all of us, etc.
"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies soon will be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson ( 1778 )

standjw

Postby standjw » Thu Nov 19, 2009

We should have a side bar with an up to date type ticker for current auctions, when they end, current bids, and such. Having the auctions tucked away at the bottom of the site limits their visibility, thus limiting bids.
"The strong do what they will, and the weak suffer what they must."
-Thucydides

mryoga

Postby mryoga » Thu Nov 19, 2009

standjw wrote:We should have a side bar with an up to date type ticker for current auctions, when they end, current bids, and such. Having the auctions tucked away at the bottom of the site limits their visibility, thus limiting bids.

:idea: Great Idea :!:
ImageImage
Life Is But A Dream

Silver Addict
Dunce

Postby Silver Addict » Thu Nov 19, 2009

mryoga wrote:
standjw wrote:We should have a side bar with an up to date type ticker for current auctions, when they end, current bids, and such. Having the auctions tucked away at the bottom of the site limits their visibility, thus limiting bids.

I 3rd that idea. Most time the auctions get lost in the shuffle and forgotten about. I guess for someone that pays attention, they can score some great deals. Right Ben?

patriot4316

Postby patriot4316 » Thu Nov 19, 2009

Silver Addict wrote:
mryoga wrote:

I 3rd that idea. Most time the auctions get lost in the shuffle and forgotten about. I guess for someone that pays attention, they can score some great deals. Right Ben?

I just threw out a $90 bid and I won the (5) Ox coins. Thats under spot now :mrgreen:
We're your friends. We're not like the others, man, really.- Dr. Gonzo
Looking for 2 and 10oz 2008 Kooks

nubktobk

Postby nubktobk » Thu Nov 19, 2009

Post that one site that HW had with the naked dancing girls!!! :P :P

mryoga

Postby mryoga » Sun Nov 29, 2009

How about us members using Bullionstackers as a domain? name for our emails. Such as: bullionstacker@bullionstacker.com. BTW If it happens, I claim that email address unless Iceman wants it. Call me romarkin and I'll copywrite it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Life Is But A Dream

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Thu Dec 03, 2009

Thanks, I can hardly wait to see the improvements :D .
ImageImageImage

nubktobk

Postby nubktobk » Thu Dec 03, 2009

goldgoldandgold wrote:Ok folks

Just a quick update

As you all must have seen the name Chrisrutherford in you emails when you get a PM?

Well he is our programmer who built our website and has been paid an initial sum for the work on changes and add ons.

Currently he is busy on another website and will be freed up soon. Then he will get going on our bullionstacker

We will probably owe him another 200-300 bucks by the time he does all the work but we will come up with the funds later

Just wanted you all to know

Either me or Ice will obviously keep you all posted

If you have any questions - please contact me, Ice or standjw

Thank you!

Wasn't the raffle held to raise funds for this upgrade?

nubktobk

Postby nubktobk » Mon Dec 07, 2009

Have a centralized clock set to EST. It seems like everyone ends their auctions based on EST so it would be nice to have a clock at the top of auction page so we know when they end for sure.

Iceman

Postby Iceman » Mon Dec 07, 2009

Yes thats why the raffle took place, But it did not cover all the expenses..Not all the money raised went into the upgrades, We had to buy all the prizes with that money also, except for the donated prizes... Every time we added a prize to the raffle it was purchased with the raffle money, I think some folks might be a little confused thinking every ticket sold was Going towards the upgrades, A big chunk of the funds were spent on the gold and silver prizes. Off the top of my head I know I purchased over 20oz+ of silver, and over a 1/2oz of gold. I can get the exact total of money spent if anyone needs to see..
Gold is Gold Silver Is Silver! When The SHTF its all the same!

digitalfour

Postby digitalfour » Mon Dec 07, 2009

There is probably a Greasemonkey script to do this, but I think there should be a way to open all or a certain number of new posts in tabs.
ImageImage

unixmd5crypt

Postby unixmd5crypt » Mon Dec 07, 2009

digitalfour wrote:There is probably a Greasemonkey script to do this, but I think there should be a way to open all or a certain number of new posts in tabs.

Internet explorer 7 & 8, and newer versions of firefox allow you to do this. Just click on the "View new Posts" link then on each individual thread, right click the title and clik on "open in new tab" and that should do it for you. I always do this so I can read about 8 - 10 new threads without using that annoying "Back" button in the browser. Hope this helps you out my friend. :)

Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 07, 2009

unixmd5crypt wrote:
digitalfour wrote:There is probably a Greasemonkey script to do this, but I think there should be a way to open all or a certain number of new posts in tabs.

Internet explorer 7 & 8, and newer versions of firefox allow you to do this. Just click on the "View new Posts" link then on each individual thread, right click the title and clik on "open in new tab" and that should do it for you. I always do this so I can read about 8 - 10 new threads without using that annoying "Back" button in the browser. Hope this helps you out my friend. :)

In firefox or safari, you can do the same by "middle-clicking", ie-clicking with the scroll wheel.

unixmd5crypt

Postby unixmd5crypt » Mon Dec 07, 2009

rufinatti wrote:
unixmd5crypt wrote:

In firefox or safari, you can do the same by "middle-clicking", ie-clicking with the scroll wheel.

thanks ruf! I never really work on Macs so it is nice to see there is someone else that can chime in on that front. :)

Return to “BS News!”