New user registrations

Announcements and Info
GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

New user registrations

Postby GoldGoldandGold » Tue Jan 18, 2011

Folks,

Due to some operational and security reasons (from spammers) and other anti-BS elements, we (admins) have decided to close the new registrations for now unless it comes to us through reference by one of you.

So if you have friends who are trying to sign up, you can PM the moderators and admins. We will then sign them up. We believe in quality over quantity and as a fellow PM stacker you know what I mean :P . Also we have installed the latest versions of anti-spam bot software and have our programmer work on some issues.

We understand that spammers can get through easily and we try to keep them out to our best. The mods here are fine people who help us do the same and I cannot be more thankful to each one of them. But from time to time some spam does get through here. Believe me, it is tough to control, but we are one resilient community and the people who do not like BS may try harder, but we will try to stand firm. I hereby request you all to alert any moderator or admin if you see any spam posting asap. Never click on any links provided by the spammer. If things looks like out of control then you can always email me and Jeremy. Most of you have my contact info and I am on this website most of the time.

As our website grows, we will be asking for couple of you to take a lead in moderation in addition to people who already take care of it right now. I am proud to say you all as my friends and I hope to work with you to build this a better and more family-type place as we go forward. After discussing with my fellow admins and moderators, I thought, I should take this time and let you know of this temporary change in new user registration.

Please feel free to contact me and I will try my best to answer your questions. Any help needed, you know where you can ask. I appreciate the patience from all of you all along this process and will keep you guys posted on further developments.

Thank you all
I do accept free gold

GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

Re: New user registrations

Postby GoldGoldandGold » Tue Jan 18, 2011

Also please note that our programmer has done some changes and you must be getting notifications from one of the admin's email. That soon would be changed soon, so do not consider it a spam or something.

Thanks to flyingboujanero to pointing this out too.
I do accept free gold

silverdude

Postby silverdude » Tue Jan 18, 2011

I applaud all of the mods for their efforts in keeping spam off of BS.

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011

if 3g's ever buys something of mine, I am going to include a free can of spam. It's not only funky and cool to eat (Hawaiians eat it like crazy) but will show that we are all thankful of his vanquishing of spam. I will of course send the package only to his winter home in Hawaii where he can share it with the Hawaiian natives.

3g's, The Spam Vanquisher. Now that has a nice ring to it. Actually, The Spaminator sounds even better.

lol. sorry, no sleep last night. Thanks guys for killing the spam.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

AndeanCat

Postby AndeanCat » Sun Apr 10, 2011

no wonder I got locked out...haha
ImageImage

Silver Spike

Postby Silver Spike » Sun Apr 10, 2011

Excellent idea! I am very happy nubz told me about this forum. It rocks!

Elapid

Postby Elapid » Sun May 08, 2011

Looks like I got in just under the wire. Now I am honored to be part of such an elite group. I agree that the moderators should chastise spammers right out of the gate. :D

AndeanCat

Postby AndeanCat » Fri Jul 08, 2011

I tried to change my e-mail address to a different one (it's an account that I tried to create another BS account with and it didn't work for me...for whatever reason). it won't let me change it.

is there any way that I can change it to this particular e-mail address? the reason why I ask is that the e-mails go to my phone. hehe

thank you in advance,
Lynn
ImageImage

synoptic12

Postby synoptic12 » Mon Nov 21, 2011

+++ We hope this has no bearing on us.

Chaboo
Turtle Supporter

Postby Chaboo » Mon Nov 21, 2011

mnymgr1 wrote:if 3g's ever buys something of mine, I am going to include a free can of spam. It's not only funky and cool to eat (Hawaiians eat it like crazy) but will show that we are all thankful of his vanquishing of spam. I will of course send the package only to his winter home in Hawaii where he can share it with the Hawaiian natives.

3g's, The Spam Vanquisher. Now that has a nice ring to it. Actually, The Spaminator sounds even better.

lol. sorry, no sleep last night. Thanks guys for killing the spam.

+1 on the kudos!

...spam musubi! Gotta love them...
New to crypto-coins, join coinbase and get $10 (after you spend $100) https://www.coinbase.com/join/58d979166908ae017761881d

Get cash back from Mr Rebates for shopping online.
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=626685

300Braveheart

Postby 300Braveheart » Tue Mar 20, 2012

Thank you admins and moderators for all you do.
ImageImage
Get $175 cash back for $500 spend on Chase Freedom no-annual-fee credit card. Apply here and let me know if you're approved, thanks!!
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/r ... 1511906871

Return to “BS News!”