Welcome to BS 3.1 - Questions/Comments Thread

Announcements and Info
MaxGravy
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to BS 3.1 - Questions/Comments Thread

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Oct 26, 2016

We're looking for solutions to the layout issues. It should be possible to either lock down the scaling (like the old site) or build a separate mobile version. I'm leaning toward the former.

As for Mr. Ed's problem, we'll be posting flyers on telephone poles.
Attachments
missing-turtle.png
missing-turtle.png (13.71 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

MrGaribaldi
Silver Supporter

Postby MrGaribaldi » Wed Oct 26, 2016

This may have been an oversight or this existed on the last board don't know, but :MrEd :turtle: is not listed on "The Team". Quick Links --> The team

MaxGravy
Site Admin

MrGaribaldi wrote:This may have been an oversight or this existed on the last board don't know, but :MrEd :turtle: is not listed on "The Team". Quick Links --> The team

I think "The Team" is based on a global moderator setting. It was like that before but there wasn't a "The Team" button.

Mr. Ed is listed under moderators.
ImageImageImage

ZIPS5000
Gold Supporter

Postby ZIPS5000 » Wed Oct 26, 2016

My request - is it possible to put the "view new posts" link on the main page rather than in a drop down box (like it was previously)? Or am I missing it somewhere?

db23

Postby db23 » Wed Oct 26, 2016

I like the upgrade, my only complaint is the change of some of the button to symbols rather than words. Like " instead of Quote.

ThePowersThatBe
Site Tech

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Wed Oct 26, 2016

ZIPS5000 wrote:My request - is it possible to put the "view new posts" link on the main page rather than in a drop down box (like it was previously)? Or am I missing it somewhere?

It is on the main page unless your screen is too small to show it, then it moves to Quick Links.

newposts2.jpg
newposts2.jpg (43.16 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
(Realcent Admin)

ZIPS5000
Gold Supporter

Postby ZIPS5000 » Wed Oct 26, 2016

ThePowersThatBe wrote:
ZIPS5000 wrote:My request - is it possible to put the "view new posts" link on the main page rather than in a drop down box (like it was previously)? Or am I missing it somewhere?

It is on the main page unless your screen is too small to show it, then it moves to Quick Links.

newposts2.jpg

Gotcha...using my phone, so that is likely the reason why!

Thanks.

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Wed Oct 26, 2016

Thankyou for helping me find the Turtle
Vision without execution is hallucination

grantwoodisgold

Postby grantwoodisgold » Wed Oct 26, 2016

iirc

there was talk before about wanting clicked on links opening in a new tab, is scroll wheel still the solution?

tia

:pop:
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

MaxGravy
Site Admin

grantwoodisgold wrote:iirc

there was talk before about wanting clicked on links opening in a new tab, is scroll wheel still the solution?

tia

:pop:

Keep using the scroll wheel for now. This is on the list. We'll be making changes and adding features but first we need to get the site optimized. A better layout on small screens is the first priority.

We read and make note of every comment here. Keep 'em coming. :wave:
ImageImageImage

Kutzy
Turtle Supporter

Postby Kutzy » Wed Oct 26, 2016

Website keeps crashing for me... Wont load up most of the stuff.

Is it just me?
I accept payment through Dwolla, PPG, check or money order. Accommodation available for international orders as well.

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Wed Oct 26, 2016

Kutzy wrote:Website keeps crashing for me... Wont load up most of the stuff.

Is it just me?

It's not just you. It seems like I need to try to load page twice to get on....
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Wed Oct 26, 2016

Not a fan so far. Won't easily load on my smartphone. Hard to navigate. Just like Kutzy. Same issues.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

WiredTree is having an outage. This isn't related to the upgrade. Many websites are having issues right now.
ImageImageImage

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Wed Oct 26, 2016

not a fan of the new layout, BUT I really do not like change of any kind

Mike
Help support bullionstacker by becoming a supporting member!!!
pm me for details or click on the support Bullionstacker button to the left
WVU Fan, just ask and I will tell you!!!!!

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Wed Oct 26, 2016

To be fair, for all intents and purposes, it's the same board with a few things moved around and a few additional features.... Give it a couple weeks, you'll get a solid feel for where everything is and how it works and you'll forget all about the old one...
ImageImageImage

vanquish
Gold Supporter

Postby vanquish » Wed Oct 26, 2016

PeacePeople wrote:To be fair, for all intents and purposes, it's the same board with a few things moved around and a few additional features.... Give it a couple weeks, you'll get a solid feel for where everything is and how it works and you'll forget all about the old one...

Agreed. I have been through this many times over the years with many different forums and after a couple of weeks of getting used to it and some complaints here and there it all works out in time.

ThePowersThatBe
Site Tech

MaxGravy wrote:WiredTree is having an outage. This isn't related to the upgrade. Many websites are having issues right now.

This. WiredTree is having network issues. All of their sites (including their support system) have been down off and on this afternoon. Bad timing coming right after the site upgrade, but it has nothing to do with the upgrade.

Complaints about the layout and colors you can keep directing at me. If the site is unreachable or slow right now...not my doing :lol:
(Realcent Admin)

ThePowersThatBe
Site Tech

Mr. Ed wrote:Does anyone else have a problem seeing the smilies ? Sometimes I see a bunch of them and sometimes I see a few of them. I have not seen Turtle, Duck or Cat since we went live unless I use Chrome. Heck, this old desktop aint even got chrome. I am useing windows 7 and internet explorer. I have found out that Turtle, Duck and even Cat, are right where they should be but are invisible. If I scroll over the area, my pointer will pick it up and I can click to add and that,s before I even smoke any Fritloops.

Insert
Turtle here

That's a weird Internet Explorer thing. I was able to replicate exactly what you are describing. Try making your browser window a little bit narrower or a little bit wider and those missing smilies should reappear. For some reason there is small range of browser window widths where Internet Explorer does not display those images correctly. No problem in Chrome or Firefox.
(Realcent Admin)

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Wed Oct 26, 2016

ThePowersThatBe wrote:
Mr. Ed wrote:Does anyone else have a problem seeing the smilies ? Sometimes I see a bunch of them and sometimes I see a few of them. I have not seen Turtle, Duck or Cat since we went live unless I use Chrome. Heck, this old desktop aint even got chrome. I am useing windows 7 and internet explorer. I have found out that Turtle, Duck and even Cat, are right where they should be but are invisible. If I scroll over the area, my pointer will pick it up and I can click to add and that,s before I even smoke any Fritloops.

Insert
Turtle here

That's a weird Internet Explorer thing. I was able to replicate exactly what you are describing. Try making your browser window a little bit narrower or a little bit wider and those missing smilies should reappear. For some reason there is small range of browser window widths where Internet Explorer does not display those images correctly. No problem in Chrome or Firefox.

:clap: :clap: You sir, are now on the Good Egg list. :turtle: :duck: and even the pesky :kitty: are all back. I adjusted my screen just a tad and everything is fine. My work computer is doing the same thing so, I will try it when I get to my office tomorrow.

:turtle:
Vision without execution is hallucination

Return to “BS News!”