Welcome to BS 3.1 - Questions/Comments Thread

Announcements and Info
Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Re: Welcome to BS 3.1 - Questions/Comments Thread

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Tue Oct 25, 2016

ThePowersThatBe wrote:
Mechanic4hire3 wrote:Just wondering if it's because I'm on a Phone. But I do not see a person's feedback anywhere by their name or even in the block they have add posted?

Yes, the smaller the screen, the more basic it gets. You can still click their name to see feedback. On medium and larger screens it looks like this:

profile.JPG

That's funny Powers That Be...
All I see on my screen is your name just like every one else's. It's just the name of the poster nothing else.
I'm on a Samsung galaxy 5
This is my screens shot
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Tue Oct 25, 2016

M4H, try turning your screen to landscape. I have the same deal, FB doesn't show in portrait but does in landscape. This is by design to allow less clutter and more text on smaller screens
LOOKING FOR YPS #12 BARS TO COMPLETE A COLLECTION!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY - I HAVE YOUR REPLACEMENT READY OR CAN BUY OUT RIGHT.

ImageImage Image

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

bigjohn wrote:M4H, try turning your screen to landscape. I have the same deal, FB doesn't show in portrait but does in landscape. This is by design to allow less clutter and more text on smaller screens

I guess I could Google it but I'll ask you first. Is that a BS setting of something in my phone's settings? Ty
EBay rcook21973

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Tue Oct 25, 2016

This has nothing to do with your phone setting. The larger the screen size the more options show up. The smaller the screen The fewer options show up, that's why you can't see some options and some buttons in the portrait mode as the screen is too narrow.
LOOKING FOR YPS #12 BARS TO COMPLETE A COLLECTION!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY - I HAVE YOUR REPLACEMENT READY OR CAN BUY OUT RIGHT.

ImageImage Image

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Tue Oct 25, 2016

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:M4H, try turning your screen to landscape. I have the same deal, FB doesn't show in portrait but does in landscape. This is by design to allow less clutter and more text on smaller screens

I guess I could Google it but I'll ask you first. Is that a BS setting of something in my phone's settings? Ty

Turn your phone sideways...
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Oct 25, 2016

ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

ThePowersThatBe
Site Tech

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Tue Oct 25, 2016

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:
ThePowersThatBe wrote:
Mechanic4hire3 wrote:Just wondering if it's because I'm on a Phone. But I do not see a person's feedback anywhere by their name or even in the block they have add posted?

Yes, the smaller the screen, the more basic it gets. You can still click their name to see feedback. On medium and larger screens it looks like this:

profile.JPG

All I see on my screen is your name just like every one else's. It's just the name of the poster nothing else.
This is my screens shot

I don't understand your post. I acknowledged that the feedback does not show up on a small screen, and said you can click on the user name to see it. Then you posted a screenshot of a phone screen in portrait and said it still doesn't show up. Correct, I just said it won't show up. My screenshot is "medium and larger screens."

Another member suggested you turn your phone sideways. If it's wide enough, more stuff will show up. That means physically turning your phone so you are looking at it in landscape instead of portrait. There's no setting to change (unless you have rotation locked on your phone), just turn it sideways. Depending on how big your phone is, the feedback might show up that way. I have a couple of phones to test things with but not all of the different phones, so I can't say exactly what it will look like on yours. We've already made customizations to make it look more like the old site and will continue to make adjustments based on this feedback, but some things will be different. The old site was running on a version of the forum software that was 4+ years old, which is a lifetime in web development.
(Realcent Admin)

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Tue Oct 25, 2016

Can't see feedback in the thread even with my Lumia sideways, but overall I find it much easier to navigate on my phone than the old site. No zooming or horizontal scrolling to deal with and the buttons and links are easier to click (without accidentally clicking the one next to it).

wp_ss_20161025_0001.png
wp_ss_20161025_0001.png (142.47 KiB) Viewed 1055 times

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

ThePowersThatBe wrote:
Mechanic4hire3 wrote:
ThePowersThatBe wrote:

profile.JPG

This is my screens shot

I don't understand your post. I acknowledged that the feedback does not show up on a small screen, and said you can click on the user name to see it. Then you posted a screenshot of a phone screen in portrait and said it still doesn't show up. Correct, I just said it won't show up. My screenshot is "medium and larger screens."

Another member suggested you turn your phone sideways. If it's wide enough, more stuff will show up. That means physically turning your phone so you are looking at it in landscape instead of portrait. There's no setting to change (unless you have rotation locked on your phone), just turn it sideways. Depending on how big your phone is, the feedback might show up that way. I have a couple of phones to test things with but not all of the different phones, so I can't say exactly what it will look like on yours. We've already made customizations to make it look more like the old site and will continue to make adjustments based on this feedback, but some things will be different. The old site was running on a version of the forum software that was 4+ years old, which is a lifetime in web development.

ok first off, thanks to all you guys who worked on this. as I stated in the first comment you wouldn't be doing it if it wasnt good for us.
thanks again to all those who have commented to help, ok so landscape is turning phone sideways, got that. been doing that anyhows. still no feedback under name so guess my phone is not large enough.

to PTBE. thanks for trying to answer my question...I am sorry you didn't understand my post and you have gotten my meaning incorrect. When I replied I didn't use the words " it STILL doesn't show up". I just posted a pic so you all could see what I see, that simple.
I understand some things have changed for good, but being the novice that I am I wanted to make sure it wasn't some setting I could change or if the new site just doesn't like android based phones. basically your saying the smaller the screen the less info will be able to be viewed. As I have stated before I do 99% of my surfin on the phone so for me I will be going through a long learning curve.....
EBay rcook21973

lomalu
Gold Supporter

Postby lomalu » Tue Oct 25, 2016

Ive got an iPhone 6 and it is difficult to navigate in portrait or landscape. I don't think I have figured out how to hit "view last post" yet. I'm sure the error is on my end.
Just for clarity sake, this is posted as information only (thumbs up)
Wait a minute, I just figured out you can't post an emoji in the quick reply box. (embarrassed)
Overall looks good and went off without a hitch, I can't imagine the thankless hours put in already, Thank You
Image Image Image
formerly known as melhen26

CENT1225

Postby CENT1225 » Tue Oct 25, 2016

Please put the gold and silver charts side by side with the gold and silver threads.
I rely on them all day and all this scrolling to the bottom is driving me crazy.
Was much more convenient the old way.
Thanks.
Doug
Click the following link for** 1.1% CASHBACK ** on E-Bay

http://www.topcashback.com/ref/Cent

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016

CENT1225 wrote:Please put the gold and silver charts side by side with the gold and silver threads.
I rely on them all day and all this scrolling to the bottom is driving me crazy.
Thanks.
Doug

I'm using what I consider to be a good-size monitor with my PC, and I now have to scroll down for the current spot prices. I didn't have to do that with the old layout. (They're still on the left side as always, but no longer visible without scrolling.) So you're not the only one going "crazy" about that.
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Rodebaugh
Jester

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 25, 2016

Someone get Robert a new phone that he doesn't have to flip open to use.

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Rodebaugh wrote:Someone get Robert a new phone that he doesn't have to flip open to use.

:duck: :duck: :duck: No Doubt.. and one without a cord would be even nicer.
EBay rcook21973

wolvesdad

Postby wolvesdad » Tue Oct 25, 2016

Why??? I liked the pre-shutdown format fine.
Now it has me with a ?mobile? site and I'm not impressed.
My 2 cents
Do you STEEMIT yet? Get paid to Blog and chat: www.steemit.com/@em3
If you like YouTube: e=m3 Making Metal Mine for my take on Silver and coin investing, plus a little humor and random numi stuff
;) https://youtu.be/4qtWLWogfGU :thumbup:

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Tue Oct 25, 2016

Does anyone else have a problem seeing the smilies ? Sometimes I see a bunch of them and sometimes I see a few of them. I have not seen Turtle, Duck or Cat since we went live unless I use Chrome. Heck, this old desktop aint even got chrome. I am useing windows 7 and internet explorer. I have found out that Turtle, Duck and even Cat, are right where they should be but are invisible. If I scroll over the area, my pointer will pick it up and I can click to add and that,s before I even smoke any Fritloops.

Insert
Turtle here
Vision without execution is hallucination

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Tue Oct 25, 2016

Mr. Ed wrote:Does anyone else have a problem seeing the smilies ? Sometimes I see a bunch of them and sometimes I see a few of them. I have not seen Turtle, Duck or Cat since we went live unless I use Chrome. Heck, this old desktop aint even got chrome. I am useing windows 7 and internet explorer. I have found out that Turtle, Duck and even Cat, are right where they should be but are invisible. If I scroll over the area, my pointer will pick it up and I can click to add and that,s before I even smoke any Fritloops.

Insert
Turtle here

You probably need to clean the cache in explorer...or something like that.
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Tue Oct 25, 2016

CENT1225 wrote:Please put the gold and silver charts side by side with the gold and silver threads.
Thanks.
Doug

They look like they're in the same spot on my monitor.

Dave

CENT1225

Postby CENT1225 » Wed Oct 26, 2016

CENT1225 wrote:
Please put the gold and silver charts side by side with the gold and silver threads.
Thanks.
Doug

Dave

I'm on an Android phone and the spot prices are waaaay down atcth bottom of the page.
Inconvenient to get to.
My 2 cents
Click the following link for** 1.1% CASHBACK ** on E-Bay

http://www.topcashback.com/ref/Cent

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Wed Oct 26, 2016

CENT1225 wrote:CENT1225 wrote:
Thanks.
Doug

Dave

I'm on an Android phone and the spot prices are waaaay down atcth bottom of the page.
Inconvenient to get to.
My 2 cents

I guess I take for granted my dual 26" monitor set up.

Sorry to hear it's not working out too hot with the phone.

Return to “BS News!”