WFTW Trackchair Fundraiser

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Re: Trackchair Fundraiser - Please read!

Postby cmiller17363 » Wed May 23, 2018

I'm in! This is cool!!
ImageImageImage

silverhoarder3
Gold Supporter

Postby silverhoarder3 » Wed May 23, 2018

I’d be willing to help.
ImageImageImage

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Thu May 24, 2018

Jerry Sargent wrote:WFTW is willing to help in whatever way needed. While I’m not sure if the MOPH can accept crypto and I know we currently cannot, I should be able to remedy that if needed.

I'd hazard a guess it would be well worth your time if you are able to set that up. More then a few of us here have deep crypto pockets and are happy to contribute to good causes.
ImageAlways buying 2016 Rodebaugh Rolos

skylersfriend
Gold Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Sun Jun 03, 2018

Kudos to Blue Angel, Peace People, Max Gravy and all those others who are putting up KSA auctions bidding, and donating to this worthy cause.

My wife match up to $650 on high bids on TRACKCHAIR KSA auctions in memory of her Mother who died last year.
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“To think things out properly and fairly, a fellow's got to be calm and old and toothless: When you're an old gaffer with no teeth, it's easy to say: 'Damn it, boys, you mustn't bite!' But, when you've got all thirty-two teeth...” Nikos Kazantzakis..ZORBA THE GREEK

Yellek
Turtle Supporter

Postby Yellek » Sun Jun 03, 2018

That is AWESOME.
m r purty. I like 'em gold 'uns.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Jun 03, 2018

Yellek wrote:That is AWESOME.

+1

Thank you, you crazy Moon people! That's very generous.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll have an update tomorrow on how to send tax-deductible donations for this project directly to the Military Order of the Purple Heart. And we're looking at different options for them to accept crypto-currency as well. Coinbase makes it easy for charities but they're limited to a few currencies.

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Sun Jun 03, 2018

I am rounding up a few odds and ends coins to contribute now via KSA. ;)
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sun Jun 03, 2018

The members of Bullionstacker are just the absolute best. I see no problem raising the funds for this project. A big shout out to Yellek for being so enthusiastic about making it happen.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Jun 05, 2018

Update:
For this project we'll be working directly with the Military Order of the Purple Heart-Austin (MOPH). The commander, Jim Bracken will be joining us here at BS soon. He wants to follow along and be able to answer questions directly. I had to explain to him that we're not doing this for publicity or notoriety, or anything. We just want to help. I think most organizations that link up with a charity are looking to benefit in some way. Not so with BS. :thumbup:

For now, you can send donations through PPG (PayPal friends & family), or mail a check, etc. They also accept regular PayPal, but we all hate paying the fees, especially when it's for a charity. So please, let's keep these donations to PPG for now. You can still use a credit card, but you should cover the fees. If anyone has a problem doing this, send me a message and we'll work it out. I'll even cover the fees if necessary.

We don't have a way to donate cryptocurrency yet, but we're working on it. Splunky and I are meeting for lunch with Jim Bracken and John Collins on Thursday. To start off I'd like help them get a Coinbase account set up.

A big THANK YOU to everyone for the generous KSA donations. That was amazing! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Re: Trackchair Fundraiser - Update

Postby Blue Angel » Tue Jun 05, 2018

Great job Randy and everyone else.

Are you still going to put up a fundraiser thermometer on the sidebar? Would be nice to see a visual on how much we have raised towards a goal.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Blue Angel wrote:Great job Randy and everyone else.

Are you still going to put up a fundraiser thermometer on the sidebar? Would be nice to see a visual on how much we have raised towards a goal.

Yes sir, we'll add a direct link to donate and some sort of thermometer or graphic to show how much has been raised.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Please read!

Jim Bracken has asked that donations NOT be made specifically toward the Trackchair. The reason for this is flexibility. It's possible the goal isn't reached or other emergencies come up. If you specifically request your donation be made to the chair, then they will indeed earmark for that purpose, but they are asking that you do not. However, please put Bullionstacker or BS so they can account for our donations.

This is from Jim:
We will account for every donation made under the "TrackChair Project" until it is changed... so that ZERO of those dollars will ever be directed toward anything but a TrackChair gift to a deserving veteran. We will account for every future donation made under the "BS PH Chapter 1919" label as well, and will provide reports at the frequency and detail that you think the donors would like to see regarding the "tangible and meaningful benefits made to improve the quality of life for combat wounded veterans and their families".

If you have any questions about this, please read their mission statement, especially the activities section and I think you'll understand why they need to do it this way.

Thank you!

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Re: Trackchair Fundraiser - NEW Update!

Postby Silversaving » Tue Jun 05, 2018

Not sure I like that personally, but your call. Doesn't seem they have much faith in us. Are we locked into this or is there another way where we can guarantee we get a trackchair built?
ImageAlways buying 2016 Rodebaugh Rolos

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Silversaving wrote:Not sure I like that personally, but your call. Doesn't seem they have much faith in us. Are we locked into this or is there another way where we can guarantee we get a trackchair built?

We are not locked in to anything. Let's wait for clarification and see what Jim has to say.

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Tue Jun 05, 2018

Jim needs to come in; what will his user name be? There are questions for sure.

I have been waiting for the opportunity to donate specifically for a track chair that can be used at WFTW event. I avoided the auctions as I do not need any silver for my donation.

My read through of the link Randy posted did not seem to preclude such a focused donation but instead seemed to imply that if the management deemed another activity was in need then donations would be redirected.

My Church operatives similarly but if you specifically say this is for that they honor it even if that is a little short. Hopefully Jim's group will act accordingly.
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Tue Jun 05, 2018

The reason Randy is working through the Military Order of the Purple Heart is because they have a list of people they KNOW need help. They work with the wounded every day.

We could gather up the funds, make the purchase and find someone on our own. But, the Purple Heart folks are willing to find a needy recipient, help acquire grant's, and work with us to make this happen. Randy and Brenda have worked hand and hand with those folks each year in the Purple Santa program. They personally know the people that can make this happen.

I trust Randy to make sure our efforts will change the life of a person that defended our country. I guarantee that he will make sure it is all done right.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Jun 06, 2018

Here's the latest. The MOPH chapter members need to meet and approve a Trackchair project before accepting earmarked donations. So please hold off for now. Payments for the KSA items can wait until this gets sorted out.

I'll take blame for the confusion. The misunderstanding was mine. Please be patient. We'll get this done and also help them get set up to accept cryptos.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Re: Trackchair Fundraiser

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Jun 07, 2018

Today we had an excellent meeting with Jim Bracken. Things like this are so much easier to work out face-to-face than over the phone or online. We're all on the same page here. They want to help with the fundraising and make sure that all BS donations go toward a trackchair. Please understand they need to go through procedures and do this properly. As a civilian I have a hard time with govt red tape. They have a plan and would like to present it to BS. Jim was going to post this evening but sent me a text earlier that his internet is down. These things take time but we are going to make this happen!

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Jun 07, 2018

This is a good idea. It looks like something that should be on BattleBots.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Fri Jun 08, 2018

Oops, first installment for KSA buy + donation was already sent ppg with BS noted.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, . . ." Credited to Goebbles.

Return to “Wheelers For The Wounded”