Re: WFTW: Donate a silver bar to a soldier

Postby DRP270 » Sun Mar 06, 2016

Bump me to 5 ounces. I paid PPG.
ImageImageImage

Baggerman
Gold Supporter

Postby Baggerman » Sun Mar 06, 2016

First of all thanks to everyone that has donated so far. These vets have given so much and asked for nothing in return. If you can donate please do so we have enough members here that we can surpass the donations for last years event. I will put my money where my mouth is so put me down for another 2 ounces.Payment is on the way.
I carry a gun because I am to young to die and to old to take an azz whooping.
Get 1% rebate on Ebay bullion http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=439461

Verbane

Postby Verbane » Sun Mar 06, 2016

One ounce
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Mon Mar 07, 2016

BUMP!

We really need over 100 of these. $16 is all it takes to make a big smile on a wounded soldier or veterans face. They absolutely LOVE receiving these bars.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Mar 07, 2016

Blue Angel wrote:BUMP!

We really need over 100 of these. $16 is all it takes to make a big smile on a wounded soldier or veterans face. They absolutely LOVE receiving these bars.

ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

Recluse
Gold Supporter

Postby Recluse » Mon Mar 07, 2016

I can do two.

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Mon Mar 07, 2016

I'll do 4.

Randy, Jim or anyone one who can answer. We are trying to reach 100. Awesome :clap:
I'm curious though, about how many eligible Vets make it to the event? 200,300, 500?
Ty Robert
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:I'll do 4.

Randy, Jim or anyone one who can answer. We are trying to reach 100. Awesome :clap:
I'm curious though, about how many eligible Vets make it to the event? 200,300, 500?
Ty Robert

We never know until the day of the event. Many plan to come but decide not to get on the bus at the last minute. In the past we've also had commanders cancel groups at the last minute without explanation. The actual number will probably be somewhere between 50 and 200 wounded soldiers (+ their families) who are still hospitalized. There will be many other wounded veterans and soldiers attending as well. We give the bars away to active-duty injured first, then Purple Heart recipients, other veterans, etc. Last year I gave one to a young boy who's father was still serving in-country. Any bars remaining will be auctioned off here in the KSAs with the proceeds going back to the WFTW.
ImageImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

With the rise in spot we need to raise the price to $16.50/oz. If you've already donated at $16 then the silver's been purchased and you're all good. But going forward we'll need to collect $16.50 per ounce. Thank you!
ImageImageImage

silverhoarder3
Gold Supporter

Postby silverhoarder3 » Mon Mar 07, 2016

$16.50 sent PPG :thumbup:
ImageImageImage

Stouttrout

Postby Stouttrout » Mon Mar 07, 2016

Ty Robert

Hey Mechanic, I am the current President of the Wheelers for the Wounded 501c3. Answering this question is a difficult one. We strive to get as many as we can. We actually personally talk to every one of the vets and sign them up. We invite their families and care givers as well because we feel it takes a unit to heal. We have, this year, put an invite out to Vets who were wounded in battle going back to WWII in an attempt to broaden our reach and believe we will have a wider variety at this years event. Also for the first time we have vets coming in from Houston. However, event though we make these efforts it is up to them to get to the busses in the morning that will take them to and from the event. We will sign up about 1000 participants this year. In years past we have signed up about 750. Out of those we usually get 300+ so more than 50% fall off the rolls. Since each vet usually brings 2.5 people with them Randy is spot on with his estimate.

BTW, I can not tell you how much I, and WFTW, appreciate everything you guys do all year. I have met several of you in person and it was a great honor to thank you in person. For those I haven't met, and those I may never have the chance to meet, THANK YOU do not even truly express the feelings. So, Thank you.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Thanks for explaining Dan. Also, The WFTW board voted yesterday to donate $500 towards this silver drive. That's 30 more ounces. We're up to 93 total. :thumbup:
ImageImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

YPS has collected enough from Jeep bars to donate 6 more ounces!

We're up to 99. :clap:
ImageImageImage

Stouttrout

Postby Stouttrout » Tue Mar 08, 2016

Where are we at? 99?

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Mar 08, 2016

Stouttrout wrote:Where are we at? 99?

Yes sir. We'll leave this open for at least another month.
ImageImageImage

PitBullion
Gold Supporter

Postby PitBullion » Tue Mar 08, 2016

Chalk me and Bigjohn up for 1 each
Poured Silver, Antique Fininshing and 24K Gold Gilding http://www.PitBullionLV.com

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sat Mar 12, 2016

Randy/David, a lady named Charmain McLaurin, active duty, sent in Paypal payment last night for 4 silver bars. I am pretty certain she has been to the event in the past.

Chaboo
Turtle Supporter

Postby Chaboo » Sat Mar 12, 2016

Please put me down for 2.
New to crypto-coins, join coinbase and get $10 (after you spend $100) https://www.coinbase.com/join/58d979166908ae017761881d

Get cash back from Mr Rebates for shopping online.
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=626685

Splunky
BS Supporter

Postby Splunky » Sat Mar 12, 2016

Put me down for 3 which will put it over last years.
ImageImage

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Sat Mar 12, 2016

Stouttrout wrote:

Ty Robert

Hey Mechanic, I am the current President of the Wheelers for the Wounded 501c3. Answering this question is a difficult one. We strive to get as many as we can. We actually personally talk to every one of the vets and sign them up. We invite their families and care givers as well because we feel it takes a unit to heal. We have, this year, put an invite out to Vets who were wounded in battle going back to WWII in an attempt to broaden our reach and believe we will have a wider variety at this years event. Also for the first time we have vets coming in from Houston. However, event though we make these efforts it is up to them to get to the busses in the morning that will take them to and from the event. We will sign up about 1000 participants this year. In years past we have signed up about 750. Out of those we usually get 300+ so more than 50% fall off the rolls. Since each vet usually brings 2.5 people with them Randy is spot on with his estimate.

BTW, I can not tell you how much I, and WFTW, appreciate everything you guys do all year. I have met several of you in person and it was a great honor to thank you in person. For those I haven't met, and those I may never have the chance to meet, THANK YOU do not even truly express the feelings. So, Thank you.

A big Thank You Stout and to all who Contribute. I only asked because I hate to see an attendee not get one... ofcourse I don't have the pocket to fill a void of many many bars...but if it we're just a few I could and sure other members would try to make certain every vet who made it would get one . Again a HUGE TY for those who donate their Physical time and effort to thesee Vets...
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

Return to “Wheelers For The Wounded”