Canyons 2016 - WFTW

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Canyons 2016 - WFTW

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Feb 29, 2016

Canyons 2016 - WFTW Main Fundraiser

This past weekend was the big fundraiser of the year and we raised over $21,000! More than double the goal. About 250 Jeeps were there and more than twice that many people.

They had some amazing items in the auction, like a ride in Pecos Bill, a P-51 Mustang. :shock: We auctioned off that silver star set and a BS member won it with a $500 proxy bid! Way to go! There was also a raffle with lots of cool prizes.

Everything to make this event happen was donated or volunteered. The park, the auctioneer, auction items, raffle prizes, kegs of beer and much more. That means almost all of the money raised goes directly to help wounded soldiers and their families. The WFTW incurred only two expenses for this event. $600 went to aviation fuel for the P-51 ride (which sold for much more) and $25 for a printer cartridge to print up all the gift certificates donated. Folks here in Texas are quite generous when there's a real need.

Bullionstacker is a major supporter, and most of that money comes from all of you. I’m very proud of what this community has done over the years. A big Texas THANK YOU!

Also included in the auction were rides in a super buggy. I don’t know a lot about these things but they have over 600 HP and are guaranteed to scare the crap out of you. They’re amazing machines. Check out #85 climbing a wall in the pics below.

The main event is May 7th in Marble Falls, TX. Y’all are invited to come out for a fun weekend and see how we honor our heroes. I’ll be running a silver drive like we did in past years. All of the silver donated will be melted into special 1oz bars that we will give away to wounded soldiers at the event in May.

Click for large panorama:

Auction time

A custom built AR-15, one of several weapons in the auction

Hand painted hood with Jim's 2016 artwork!

Raffle prizes

On the trails

Insane!

Goofing off

Thunderduck

BS on the sponsor banner
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Re: Canyons 2016 - WFTW

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Feb 29, 2016

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

I only bid on one item. You don't want to know what I paid, but I won it for Splunky. That's her holding it up in the pics. ;)

Custom made from t-shirts featuring Jim's artwork. Love the Jeep stitching. 8-)

ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Mon Feb 29, 2016

Just awesome Randy! That is a very neat quilt. Thanks for all you and Splunky do for that organization.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

One of the sponsors supplied kegs of free beer right before the auction. Good stuff too. Now realize we're in the middle of nowhere. No cell service, no internet, no gas stations or stores for 20 miles. FREE beer right before an auction. :shock: BRILLIANT MOVE! :clap:

:duck: :duck: :duck:
ImageImageImage

Stouttrout

Postby Stouttrout » Mon Feb 29, 2016

We just got home. It was long weekend and longer today. Had blast this year. Jim, Richard and Lynne purchased your custom drawing in the Auction. Thank you for that. I got in big trouble at first, bought hog hunt in the auction and then tried to smooth it over with a Vegas trip.... Still trying to smoothing things over.

That quilt is awesome.

Stouttrout

Postby Stouttrout » Mon Feb 29, 2016

I also want to say thank you to all of Bullion Stacker. You guys really are some of the best people I know. If you can make it, come to the main event in May. We would love to have you.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Mar 01, 2016

For those who don’t know, Dan (stouttrout) is the current president of the WFTW. Under his leadership the programs have expanded to help even more military families. He’s also streamlined the fundraising process so we can spend even more hands-on time with wounded soldiers and less time raising money. In the coming years there will be more events and more opportunities for our wounded heroes.

This is Dan’s last year as president but the changes and improvements he’s made will benefit the WFTW for many years to come. He and Jim and have been great mentors to me. I’ve learned so much about wheeling, Texas and just doing the right thing from these two fine gentlemen.

Thank you sirs!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Wheelers For The Wounded”