What is WFTW?

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Re: What is WFTW?

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Apr 07, 2015

Yep, that's quite a spread there. Definitely going to be an unforgettable event this year. :thumbup:

Splunky
BS Supporter

Postby Splunky » Tue Apr 07, 2015

It is an unforgettable event every year!!! You are never the same person after seeing all those brave soldiers.
ImageImage

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Fri Apr 10, 2015

Working on a design for maybe 2016 event. This Jeep belongs to Mike Bartoszek. Mike is the leader of the Military Jeepers Organization. These guys are based out of Ft. Hood and they are the trail guides/honchos at the WFTW event. Total professionals and a great group of veterans and active duty. This is at my drawing table and the piece is 18" x 24" in pencils. I plan on completing it at the main event May 2 with a few onlookers. Heck, I may even break out the ol' Etch a Sketch!

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Fri Apr 24, 2015

Myself, MaxGravy, Silver Addict, Splunky, and Stouttrout are heading to the 2015 Wheelers for the Wounded event next weekend. This is one small way we can contribute something to give back to this country's warriors. I am so proud of the fact that so many of the Bullionstacker community has given so much to help our mission.

A few facts......

There are presently over 300,000 homeless veterans.
Over 1.4 million are at risk of becoming homeless.
The divorce rate in military families has increased 42% in the last 10 years.
Over 460,000 suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

Nearly 5,000 die by their own hand every year.......that averages out about one every 2 hours.

Keep in mind....that homeless guy you walk by just may be a veteran. And....I make it a point thank a veteran every day. Just total strangers.....I walk up and say thank you. You can recognize them usually by the cap they wear.

There are not a lot of WWII vets still getting around. I talked with one recently while at the grocery store. He was very appreciative that someone would be willing to listen to his stories. Such a little thing meant so much to him.

Korea, Viet Nam, Kosovo, Grenada, Iraq, Afghanistan.....they are all out there. Do what you can to recognize and thank them.

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Fri Apr 24, 2015

:wave:
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Fri Apr 24, 2015

DRP270 wrote::wave:

You coming up too David? !

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Fri Apr 24, 2015

45 minutes away. Why not? I doubt I will go on a trail. I had enough last year. But I do want to drive Thunder Duck if just around here and there; I believe I won the right on a KSA recently.
ImageImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Apr 25, 2015

DRP270 wrote:45 minutes away. Why not? I doubt I will go on a trail. I had enough last year. But I do want to drive Thunder Duck if just around here and there; I believe I won the right on a KSA recently.

:thumbup:

I believe RyanEOD will be here as well.

flynavy812

Postby flynavy812 » Sun Apr 26, 2015

Glad to see WFTW is still going strong. I enjoyed my stay in Texas but was able to sneak back to my native Florida land. I hope to auction a few things off for you guys in the coming months.

Fusion

Postby Fusion » Sun Apr 26, 2015

I'll be there in spirit Jim :thumbup:
Guns kill people the same way pencils misspell wurds.

ImageImageImage

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Sun Apr 26, 2015

Fusion wrote:I'll be there in spirit Jim :thumbup:

Me too Jim. I can't make it in person.

Those stats are heart wrenching. I pray that the Lord allows me to reach out to vets every chance I get. Probably most of the people that come through the doors of our church are either active/retired military or vets. I'm glad. Bring 'em in Lord!!!!!!

I never served in the military when I was younger. I was too lazy and undisciplined before Christ got a hold of my life. Now I'm glad I can serve our country by serving those in the military.
Dave

p.s. great job on those bars David! They look fantastic! :thumbup:
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Wed Apr 29, 2015

PLEASE all Bullionstacker members take the time to read this article.

I am leaving tomorrow morning to drive up and get prepared for this event. We have been getting ready for the last 12 months and this one is going to be bigger than ever. There is going to be a LONG line of offroaders registering to be part of this. Registration opens actually on Friday and most camp sites are reserved and ALL RV spaces are booked.

The article linked is one of the very reasons we work so hard to pull off this deal.

BTW.....did you know that less than 10% of American WWII veterans are still alive?

One of the keys is this is a family event.

“When I was talking with that soldier at Christmas, he said they get invited to all sorts of things, but this was the only one that included their families,” Eades said. “That just means so much to them. It’s like a family vacation.

Eades went on to say that, during the first event at Hidden Falls Adventure Park, a soldier approached her and several other volunteers. The soldier explained that she was getting ready to deploy again to Iraq in a few weeks and would have to leave her two children behind for several months.

“She couldn’t afford to take them on a vacation, so this was like a vacation for them,” Eades said. “It was just so important to her to have that time with her children.”

Read more: http://www.dailytrib.com/2015/04/28/hid ... z3Yjj2ji2q

http://www.dailytrib.com/2015/04/28/hid ... z3YinWvp2o

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Wed Apr 29, 2015

Jim--it says not open to the public. Last year there was no problem with me just walking in after paying the entrance fee; same this year?
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Wed Apr 29, 2015

Yes it is same as last year.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon May 04, 2015

We had a fantastic event this weekend! I believe the turn out was bigger than ever and everyone had a great time. We missed Blue Angel who wasn't able to attend this year. He does a lot of work behind the scenes and really steps it up for the main event. As some of you know, his wife is in the hospital and will have surgery this afternoon. Please keep her, Jim and their family in your prayers.

I'm still recovering and cleaning up but will get some pictures posted shortly. A big thanks to everyone who attended and helped out. :thumbup:

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon May 04, 2015

Stouttrout started a photo album on Facebook.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sun Nov 08, 2015

We have begun construction of a raffle item for the Wheelers for the Wounded. 90% of the materials were donated and ALL the labor is donated. We spent all day yesterday at a nice shop, donated for our use, constructing a really cool camping trailer.

This a similar design to what we are building.....

Donated materials.....

Cutting up the frame channel iron 42" x 72" with storage platforn in the tongue area.......

Laying out the frame.....

Storage side box. Heavy duty and watertight.....

Frame almost done.....

Floor in and starting side supports......

Blue Angel burning some wire......

Welding out the bottom side and installing spring hangers.....

Axle installed to new hangers and shackles....

New fenders to be mounted later....

Ready to sit on the tires.......

Yeah baby!!!

Lot's left to do then send off to get painted. This is going to help raise a lot of money to help our wounded soldiers and their families.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Nov 09, 2015

Blue Angel wrote:We have begun construction of a raffle item for the Wheelers for the Wounded. 90% of the materials were donated and ALL the labor is donated. We spent all day yesterday at a nice shop, donated for our use, constructing a really cool camping trailer.

Lot's left to do then send off to get painted. This is going to help raise a lot of money to help our wounded soldiers and their families.

Fine looking camping trailer already. :thumbup:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Mon Nov 16, 2015

A crew of 5 volunteers worked all day Saturday on the camp trailer. It is now going for paint. Also, all the military branches, sponsors, and a couple of fallen names will all be on the trailer in the form of CNC cut out plate. A propane stove, bottle, and camping gear is being donated as well. Smittybuilt donated the tent and it arrived last week. 4Wheel Parts donated the tires and wheels.

Check out the storage area in front of the main box with the small railing. A brand new Yeti cooler will be strapped down there.

The tent just sitting on top to be fitted to the fold out platform.

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Sun Jan 10, 2016

The trailer is heading to be sandblasted then going to be painted next week. Then reassembled and trimmed out. Some VERY special things will be on this awesome trailer. Ticket chances will be available soon.

Return to “Wheelers For The Wounded”