Buying on the way down?

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Schwartzy
Gold Supporter

Buying on the way down?

Postby Schwartzy » Fri Dec 14, 2018

Anyone buying on the slope?

I'm dabbling with cryptos and have no idea wtf I'm doing other than I want to be part of it. I made an account on Coinbase and am verified and all that jazz. Now I'm not in alot of money but want to take advice on some of you that know more about it. I purchased the 5 crypto bundles a few times and bought a few extra lite coins. My question is... Are you guys buying right now during these drops or are you waiting for it to drop even more. I know nobody knows for sure what bottom is but everyone seems to have this 2,500 mark they talk about. Your feedback is appreciated. Also do all the cryptos sort of follow Bitcoin rise and drops for the most part? When people are freaking about price decrease, that's when I'm a buyer and love these drops.

Joseph

Brick's
Supporter

Re: Buying on the way down?

Postby Brick's » Fri Dec 14, 2018

The relationship between Bitcoin price moves and other Cryptos is positive and strong. How goes Bitcoin so goes the overall Crypto market with some individual outliers and exceptions as should be expected.

Personally, I have enough in crypto and block chain to lose at this time. Right now I'm stacking PMs (only buy these on the way down save for group and other special BS buys) and Dollars, and dollar cost average into a fairly reliable and stable retirement fund that I am considering increasing. Simple, easy, and I sleep at nights when the wife doesn't hog the covers.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Dec 14, 2018

Brick's wrote:The relationship between Bitcoin price moves and other Cryptos is positive and strong. How goes Bitcoin so goes the overall Crypto market with some individual outliers and exceptions as should be expected.

Personally, I have enough in crypto and block chain to lose at this time. Right now I'm stacking PMs (only buy these on the way down save for group and other special BS buys) and Dollars, and dollar cost average into a fairly reliable and stable retirement fund that I am considering increasing. Simple, easy, and I sleep at nights when the wife doesn't hog the covers.

Dude...first rule of marriage...never use the word wife and hog in the same sentence.

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Fri Dec 14, 2018

I bought back a few btc around $3200, will keep buying as we drop further. I'd kept 50k in tether from the good ol days. Feel like nows the time to start jumping back in
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Fri Dec 14, 2018

Thank you. I now change it to when the wife doesn't Bogart the covers.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Fri Dec 14, 2018

I sold all my Altcoins and I'm sitting on a bunch off Fiat waiting for LTC to hit $13, yes I trully believe it's heading that low, maybe lower but I have a large buy order in at $13 as I believe there is a big crash coming the next few days. Hang tough. Lol
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Fri Dec 14, 2018

Buying a bit here and there on the way down but the capitulation has yet to happen so I'm waiting for it. I really want to have at least 1 btc.
ImageImageImage

MauserMan

Postby MauserMan » Fri Dec 14, 2018

I pretty much sold it all with steep losses but I expect it will go down to sub $1k BTC and $5 LTC. They’ve been PATHETIC and will go a lot lower if equities and other investments crash a la 2008. It will likely take years for them to show signs of life.

I’ll start reacquiring the coins I sold at basement prices and switch from mostly LTC to mostly BTC. That is after silver #1 ;)

Their future is a lot dimmer in the medium term IMHO. But I’m often wrong on these things. :pop:

Southpaw
Gold Supporter

Postby Southpaw » Fri Dec 14, 2018

Been catching the falling knife for most of the year, bloody I am but believe it will curve back up at some point.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat May 18, 2019

MauserMan wrote:I pretty much sold it all with steep losses but I expect it will go down to sub $1k BTC and $5 LTC. They’ve been PATHETIC and will go a lot lower if equities and other investments crash a la 2008. It will likely take years for them to show signs of life.

I’ll start reacquiring the coins I sold at basement prices and switch from mostly LTC to mostly BTC. That is after silver #1 ;)

Their future is a lot dimmer in the medium term IMHO. But I’m often wrong on these things. :pop:

This post (and this entire thread) was made one day before the multi-year low of $3,128 (Coinbase) on December 15th, 2018. While I did not believe we would hit $1k I did think we could test the $2.5k range.
Silversaving wrote:I bought back a few btc around $3200, will keep buying as we drop further. I'd kept 50k in tether from the good ol days. Feel like nows the time to start jumping back in

I see Silversaving looks to have about timed the bottom perfectly. Well done. :clap:

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat May 18, 2019

It's hard to catch a falling knife. I regret not adding a couple of Bitcoin at $3200. No guts, no glory. Well done indeed.

The only benefit, if you can consider it, is that the overall (total) cost of my holdings didn't increase. I'm pretty sure that Silversavings is a much bigger player than I am. You gotta live within your budget.

Regardless, things are looking up for crypto. We all win.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.
Bitcoin: 1QC9tcPcA5R82CHr61BrkPgdh4fVmcCsgd

MauserMan

Postby MauserMan » Fri May 24, 2019

Well, I never did have good timing. BTC is a bit too volatile for me, I’ll stick with other investments like silver unless BTC and LTC take another huge dip. I think it’s better than fiat and supported by sound money individuals but traders control the price and they care not about dumping it, they don’t hold it on principal.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Jun 14, 2019

Brick's wrote:The relationship between Bitcoin price moves and other Cryptos is positive and strong. How goes Bitcoin so goes the overall Crypto market with some individual outliers and exceptions as should be expected.

Sounds like toxic femininity to me. Good luck Brick.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.
Bitcoin: 1QC9tcPcA5R82CHr61BrkPgdh4fVmcCsgd

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”