Thoughts on Ripple?

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
nvanlew

Thoughts on Ripple?

Postby nvanlew » Sun Mar 11, 2018

hey everyone I am VERY new to the cryptocurrency world. just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on Ripple XRP ? Also any others that you feel have good potential! Thanks guys! :thumbup:

neal

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Re: Thoughts on Ripple?

Postby natsb88 » Sun Mar 11, 2018

Search the crypto forum and you'll find ~150 posts mentioning Ripple. Additional posts refer to it as XRP, but that is too few characters to search.

search.php?keywords=ripple&fid%5B0%5D=108

The sentiment here is split, with a few people focused on potential profits, but more opposed to it on principle. It's centralized and designed to be tracked and it's heavily backed by banksters (who want to trade the XRP they created out of thin air for your BTC and ETH that are mined or purchased and much more widely adopted and traded and used). Ripple is like the anti-crypto crypto.

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Sun Mar 11, 2018

Do I get to do it? Paging MasterBlaster!!
ImageImageImage

nvanlew

natsb88 wrote:Search the crypto forum and you'll find ~150 posts mentioning Ripple. Additional posts refer to it as XRP, but that is too few characters to search.

The sentiment here is split, with a few people focused on potential profits, but more opposed to it on principle. It's centralized and designed to be tracked and it's heavily backed by banksters (who want to trade the XRP they created out of thin air for your BTC and ETH that are mined or purchased and much more widely adopted and traded and used). Ripple is like the anti-crypto crypto.

ok great! Thanks brother. Like i said, very new to this whole thing. I have been watching a lot of the videos and what not for newbies posted here and they have helped a lot. Just hoping to hear from some of those with far more knowledge on the topic as to what may be some good up and coming cryptos to invest in! :mrgreen:

nvanlew

one alt coin i am interested in is Tezos. Anyone have any input for them? Also I have Coinbase, Blockchain, and Blockfolio apps downloaded on my iPhone to mess around with and get a feel for the apps but have been unable to find tezos on any of them? :?:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Mar 11, 2018

nvanlew wrote:one alt coin i am interested in is Tezos. Anyone have any input for them? Also I have Coinbase, Blockchain, and Blockfolio apps downloaded on my iPhone to mess around with and get a feel for the apps but have been unable to find tezos on any of them? :?:

Here's the Tezos thread. It's not launched yet. Some of us were in on the ICO, and we're waiting for it to launch to acquire our tezzies.
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=28013

Here's the forum for all crypto threads. Might want to check out the ones that interest you before you put any money into it. This market can chew you up and spit you out if you're not careful. Or even if you are.
viewforum.php?f=108

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Apr 16, 2018

natsb88 wrote:Search the crypto forum and you'll find ~150 posts mentioning Ripple. Additional posts refer to it as XRP, but that is too few characters to search.

I think that NATSB88 pretty well summed up XPR. I own some, but I'm not a promoter of it.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Omega

Postby Omega » Thu May 24, 2018

I was super into XRP when I got into crypto back in October 2017. I made some decent profits in it into the new year. Once I looked into it more and and understood the connection between XRP and ripple, I became less of a believer. I also don't see the banks completely converting there systems to use Ripple any time soon; and even if they did, we may not see a direct correlation between the adaptation of Ripple to the price of XRP.

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Tue May 29, 2018

^+1
its mehhh. and pretty gambly IMO. it has some uses , good marketing etc blah blah. It can do very well.
I just think the value of it right now is very unknown. I mean is it undervalued or overvalued?? I think the risk is kinda high. its not even a real crypto currency bahaha ( doesnt meant it doenst have value thou.)

I much rather hold like BTC. as you know what it is. its decentralized. Its the Original crypto.

I say do your research and come to your own conclusion on it.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”