The Cryptotard

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Brick's
Supporter

Re: The Cryptotard

Postby Brick's » Mon Jun 04, 2018

Checked my Binance account earlier yesterday and the totals. Turns out I'm about .0004 of a Bitcoin (BTC)down (cumulative value of all Crypto) from my start point. BTC was also down about $175 from my initial buy. Remembering I started with just .12 BTC. Between a 1/4 and a 1/3rd is in alternative Crypto.

I'd have buy limits in for DBET and QRL but Binance isn't up to speed with them yet. Have a lowball buy limit in for QTUM. A new one that popped up on my radar is (CTM) Cybermiles. Also tracking DASH, NEM, and NEO for possible lowball buys. But, they are not inexpensive enough yet.

Speaking of Binance it seems to have the most resilience of the Crypto I'm following. Especially during down turns as it recently hit an all time high vs BTC. Seriously considering cyclical trades in and out of it, but only small positions to play with.

Came across a couple of video about using a cheap old cell phone as cold storage. Seems simple enough for someone like me but thought I'd get feedback prior. Android, No sim card, factory default settings, WiFi off, insert micro SD from Mycelium and away you go. Well, away you go is everything I know nothing about but could learn by Cryptotarding out. Worth considering or is it more complicated and unsafe than I am thinking?

Again, simpler is better to me and why I like old 1959 ford small block V8s to work on. At least you could crawl in and have space to work the wrenches.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent," Credited to Goebbles.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sat Jun 23, 2018

So I was wondering about EOS (I have a small position) transition over to main net. As I am totally clueless about how this happens or what it entails I thought I'd look into it, and this is what I found:

A can O' worms! This might be worse than actually obtaining EOS token. Information taken from researched website.

Sooo it appears EOS isn't going live yet as enough top block producer candidates have not voted, some developers are not sure who some of the top block producer candidates are, and some are hesitating with staking their token. The EOS team states that there need to be 150 million tokes staked in order for the voting to be completed and announced as valid, but voters have only staked around 30 million tokens.

The voting is important as the chosen block producers will operate the same way the block miners do, so their job would be crucial for efficiency and effectiveness of the new EOS main net. The main problem appears to be that holders that are non-technical users or not particularly tech savvy are not sure how to vote. It appears EOS voters could only vote by directly using the command line, which is difficult for technotard or the nontech-oriented voters.

****Bingo***** This is where I am. I have no idea what or who we are voting for, or how to go about it. Glad to see I'm in the majority for once. LOL More later on this as I learn more.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent," Credited to Goebbles.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jul 02, 2018

Brick's wrote:So I was wondering about EOS (I have a small position) transition over to main net. As I am totally clueless about how this happens or what it entails I thought I'd look into it, and this is what I found:

A can O' worms! This might be worse than actually obtaining EOS token. Information taken from researched website.

Sooo it appears EOS isn't going live yet as enough top block producer candidates have not voted, some developers are not sure who some of the top block producer candidates are, and some are hesitating with staking their token. The EOS team states that there need to be 150 million tokes staked in order for the voting to be completed and announced as valid, but voters have only staked around 30 million tokens.

The voting is important as the chosen block producers will operate the same way the block miners do, so their job would be crucial for efficiency and effectiveness of the new EOS main net. The main problem appears to be that holders that are non-technical users or not particularly tech savvy are not sure how to vote. It appears EOS voters could only vote by directly using the command line, which is difficult for technotard or the nontech-oriented voters.

****Bingo***** This is where I am. I have no idea what or who we are voting for, or how to go about it. Glad to see I'm in the majority for once. LOL More later on this as I learn more.

EOS has been a bit of a crazy show in the last 2-4 weeks. On chain governance (similar to what Tezos is attempting) is no easy feat.

See here: https://www.coindesk.com/soon-chain-governance/

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”