Alt-Coin SALT

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Alt-Coin SALT

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Dec 20, 2017

You all know I'm pretty Bearish on Alt-Coins.

Today I bought SALT. I don't completely understand their business model, but sooner or later the crypto economy will require lenders. SALT is going to be the 1st company out there.

https://www.saltlending.com/
Last edited by Bucketeer on Wed Dec 20, 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin SALT

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Dec 20, 2017

CryptoCrush: ANALYSIS OF SALT LENDING ICO.

https://crushcrypto.com/analysis-of-salt/

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Dec 23, 2017

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Dec 23, 2017

How does SALT compare to ETHLend?

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Dec 23, 2017

I have no idea.

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Sun Dec 24, 2017

seems like a good project.. but seems like it going to take like 6 months for them to get this up and running??

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Mon Dec 25, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:You all know I'm pretty Bearish on Alt-Coins.

Today I bought SALT. I don't completely understand their business model, but sooner or later the crypto economy will require lenders. SALT is going to be the 1st company out there.

https://www.saltlending.com/

SALT moving up past couple of days. :clap:

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Wed Dec 27, 2017

SALT starting to MOON! :pop:

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silversummit » Wed Dec 27, 2017

Just got email salt loans just went live.
Get $10 in bitcoin when you spend $100 with the link below.
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593f314703c4930098573eed

save 10% on all trade fee's for 6 months at gate exchange.
https://gate.io/signup/955279

binance
https://www.binance.com/?ref=13221361
thank you to any who use these links as I get referral bonuses also :thumbup:

texmex66

Silversummit wrote:Just got email salt loans just went live.

SWEET! :pop:

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silversummit » Wed Dec 27, 2017

Dear SALT Community,

2017 has been an incredible year for SALT, and we are overwhelmingly grateful to every member of our community that has contributed to our successes. From everyone at SALT, thank you!

SALT loans are live!

We have issued initial loans to a small group of members and we expect to have originated over $10m in loans by the end of this year. Our platform will continue to be rolled out in stages to ensure quality and security as we scale to meet the extraordinary demand for loans. We are excited to extend the application process to all of our community and expect to have between $50m and $75m in active loans by the end of January 2018. We are working as quickly as possible to safely and responsibly expand the rollout to serve the needs of each and every member.

While we will be continually adding new features and issuing more loans over the coming months, we are committed to a prudent and careful growth strategy. Our first priority is, and always will be, maintaining a secure and trustworthy product through every stage of deployment.

Some important things to note:

We will be initially providing loans (US dollar denominated and backed by Bitcoin or Ethereum) first to Enterprise members, followed by Premier members, and then to Base members.

As we continue the rollout this week, you will see a loan application form in your membership dashboard. If you have not already done so, you will be required to verify your identity before you can apply for a loan.

Each member’s access to loans and the order in which members are served will be determined case-by-case based on membership tier, local jurisdiction laws, and the order in which they applied for a loan.

As a thank you to our community, we will be allowing members to repay both their principal and interest with SALT (valued at retail price) instead of US dollars. Terms and conditions are subject to change and limitations. Final terms determined at the origination of each loan.

We are excited to begin the monumental task of serving our community of members. We appreciate your patience as we work hard to meet all of the demand in a responsible and secure manner. 2018 will be another incredible year for SALT, its members, and the blockchain space as a whole. We are proud to have each and every one of you as a member of our community!

All the best,

The SALT Team

Get $10 in bitcoin when you spend $100 with the link below.
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593f314703c4930098573eed

save 10% on all trade fee's for 6 months at gate exchange.
https://gate.io/signup/955279

binance
https://www.binance.com/?ref=13221361
thank you to any who use these links as I get referral bonuses also :thumbup:

texmex66

$17+ on Binance. Asia just waking up too. :clap:

toddler81

Postby toddler81 » Wed Dec 27, 2017

I don't fully understand Bittrex...I would like to buy a SALT coin...anyone help me out?
Thanks!
Get $25 off Brooklinen Sheets
https://share.brooklinen.com/x/RdX4ZK

Join coinbase. We both get $10!
https://www.coinbase.com/join/595fcda9feff9f014857eb6e

:wanted: BU GOLD LIBERTADS
1/20 oz: 2009,10,11,13
1/10 oz: 1994,2000,03,04,08 ... offering up to $300

:wanted: 1998 FRACTIONAL SILVER PROOF LIBERTADS (1/20, 1/10, 1/4)

:wanted: 2007, 2008, 2012 kangaroos on card

toddler81

Postby toddler81 » Wed Dec 27, 2017

The SALT platform has a cost of $27.50...Bittrex shows $13...how do you buy on Bittrex and transfer to the SALT platform?
Get $25 off Brooklinen Sheets
https://share.brooklinen.com/x/RdX4ZK

Join coinbase. We both get $10!
https://www.coinbase.com/join/595fcda9feff9f014857eb6e

:wanted: BU GOLD LIBERTADS
1/20 oz: 2009,10,11,13
1/10 oz: 1994,2000,03,04,08 ... offering up to $300

:wanted: 1998 FRACTIONAL SILVER PROOF LIBERTADS (1/20, 1/10, 1/4)

:wanted: 2007, 2008, 2012 kangaroos on card

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Dec 28, 2017

WTF, I haven't even looked at the price since I bought it...........$17 USD? Insane. Hahahahaha! :thumbup:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Dec 28, 2017

At the 10:30 mark, Chris talks SALT:

Potosi

Postby Potosi » Thu Dec 28, 2017

What are the major competitors for SALT and what distinguishes it above the rest?

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

I don't know, I bought it because of the angel investors involved in SALT. I got in cheap, so I could care less about prices and competitors. The existing banking system are not competitors.

Banks have utility, but they can't compete with Bitcoin, or with SALT.

It is all about the network effect.....pagers, cell phones, personal computers, AOL, email, and the internet. The network effect is what going to make Bitcoin increase in value. Bitcoin is volatile, but when the user base grows, and it will, the volatility will decrease.

Coinbase had 100,000 new applicants on 1 day in November. People complain about Coinbase taking a lot of time and hassle setting up accounts. That's the network effect., they are overwhelmed with new clients.

So, that is why I bought SALT. The crypto economy will need lenders.

SALT is going to be a big winner. Be there now, it's the first mover.

LMAO......the price cracks me up. I haven't even checked the price of SALT since I bought it. I'm a buy-and-hodler. I really don't give a crap about the price.

I buy because I want to hold the asset, but sometimes that strategy blows up. :duck:

Potosi

Postby Potosi » Thu Dec 28, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:I don't know, I bought it because of the angel investors involved in SALT. I got in cheap, so I could care less about prices and competitors. The existing banking system are not competitors.

It is all about the network effect.....pagers, cell phones, personal computers, AOL, email, and the internet. The network effect is what going to make Bitcoin increase in value. Bitcoin is volatile, but when the user base grows, and it will, the volatility will decrease.

Coinbase had 100,000 new applicants on 1 day in November. People complain about Coinbase taking a lot of time and hassle setting up accounts. That's the network effect., they are overwhelmed with new clients.

LMAO......the price cracks me up. I haven't even checked the price of SALT since I bought it. I'm a buy-and-hodler. I really don't give a crap about the price.

I buy because I want to hold the asset, but sometimes that strategy blows up. :duck:

I actually got in around $7ish.... not a big holder, but I've liked the direction and potential so far. Just curious if there are others out there like it so I can grab some of those as well.

Who were the angel investors? And how are you connected?

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Potosi wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:I don't know, I bought it because of the angel investors involved in SALT. I got in cheap, so I could care less about prices and competitors. The existing banking system are not competitors.

I actually got in around $7ish.... not a big holder, but I've liked the direction and potential so far. Just curious if there are others out there like it so I can grab some of those as well.

Who were the angel investors? And how are you connected?

I'm not connected. I just study the markets, and most ICOS are crap. You might make 10X on an ICO, but most of them will be dead in 3 years. Many people on here make good profits with ICOs, but I avoid them. I'm a Bear, and I'm not a trader. There are a lot of scammers out there.

Many crypto holders have upwards of $100K in holdings. They don't want to pay taxes to cash out. If they could do an 80/20 loan, many investors would much willing to do that instead of selling and paying taxes.

Consider this - if you invested $6500 in Bitcoin 14 months ago, you'd be sitting on $175,000 (with the forks). So now you have a very valuable asset, do you want to pay taxes on it? A loan might be a batter option.

I laugh at people that say Bitcoin is going the Moon - Bitcoin is going to Pluto. SALT might make it to Mars. HODL.

I almost forgot your question. Eric Voorhees is the reason I bought in.

Mr. Voorhees is the CEO & Founder of ShapeShift, and previously founded Satoshi Dice and Coinapult. Erik is well known within the digital asset community for his involvement in numerous high-profile ventures. As a successful investor and entrepreneur in the digital asset space, he brings a depth of knowledge and experience to the team. Erik holds a bachelor’s degree in business leadership and political economics from the University of Puget Sound.

PS - In my opinion, ShapeShift is going to be the dominate player in crypto, not Coinbase. Gemini???

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”